Raid boss approval

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by George Burd, Feb 1, 2015.

?

Should Raid Boss participants be approved by the boss owner?

1. yes

48.0%
  2. no

52.0%
  1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Given the newest abuse I have witnessed on kong/armor server with this raid boss, I feel a raid boss link should send a request to the owner. The owner can then approve or deny a potential boss helper, before they get to hit/heal/or reserve a spot. This would allow people to share their link publicly and still not endanger their boss without knowing.
    What I witnessed is the same high lvl people was attacking raids not doing min damage and basically just locking other people out of them, this is quite a disgusting practice in my eyes

Chasity, Angel or Not and Kirsten like this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Something along these lines , sounds interesting, and worth a discussion.

George Burd likes this.
  3. George Burd

I think this would help do away with pesky tier links, and help people weed out the trouble makers

Angel or Not likes this.
  4. FulloutTheCruel

FulloutTheCruel New Member

Good idea!

George Burd likes this.
  5. George Burd

thank you for the participation I posted the link in my armada hopefully to get their support

6. Angel or Not

Angel or Not Member

Absolutely George, what an awesome idea:)...there are only 2 tiers in Kong PC with is a lil bit ridiculous in itself...but then add in Top Tier is being filled up with Pirates that are joinin with 0 actions and takin up slots that could b used by someone who would actually help:mad:

Not to mention there are a few who just join to att to get the xp, no healin and kill the boss...even once to to much...I havent seen this on PC ( been close a few times tho)... but it happened more times than I wanna remember in MW'so_O

Vote Yes on Proposal G

George Burd likes this.
  7. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Sorry. I have to say no.

And this is why.

It's 3pm my time and 3am your time. You put your request out and I try to help. It sends you the approval code and I have to wait until you come back online to participate. you come on 12 hours later approve me. 12 hours later I may actually use stam/energy to attack. BOOM raid not killed within the time frame needed.

Wish it would work though :/

Lasinagol, Aapje and George Burd like this.
  8. George Burd

you have a good point, there ya go making me use my brain

AlterEgoT likes this.
  9. AlterEgoT

Don'tcha just hate that?

I know it is very frustrating to have bosses die and such but I think that was designed into these as part of what makes it unique.

why add the party health at all if there is no risk.

It's inherent in the feature itself. Part of the appeal is to make sure you are careful who you invite.

Although I would say we slayers ought to do a better job of discouraging those that kill raids etc. Their link is right there in a boss. If someone kills it. Keep em dead for the duration of the boss. Every slayer on that boss keeps an eye out then perhaps they might rethink what they are doing. oh wait, they can hit the boss dead. So they just move onto another one. hmmm

How about you have to be ingame healed to hit the RB? THEN if folks are killing them off and damaging the whole party the party has some recourse?

Thinking off the top of my head as I go....

George Burd likes this.
  10. George Burd

ok so lets work this out, it could be set up with a automatic approval for armada members and or inner circle members that would allow you to select trusted individuals that will automatically get a spot when a request is sent and still allow you to post the link in a public forum. hows that for usin the noggin?

Lasinagol and AlterEgoT like this.
  11. AlterEgoT

Closer.

but then again why bother with party health if no risk?

Someone mentioned the kick button. I like that idea more I think simply because you could kick out the trolls. The ones that joined 4 hours ago and are level 600 never to be seen again.

Maybe after coffee a better idea will come. For now, I don't see much more of a solution than they already have in place that allows the concept of the game to continue while offering some help.

Perhaps the solution is much simpilier. If they fix the tiers and the damage/xp rewards etc we could have a chance to kill them to begin with and this issue would retreat a great deal....

Demonik1 and George Burd like this.
  12. George Burd

hat would fix the attack leeches, but what we are seeing is a obvious attempt by 4-5 armada members to lockout spots in the highest tier of every raid boss doing no damage but preventing others from helping

13. AlterEgoT

Make a mental note of who they are. Don't give them the link.

I truly think the point of the RB was not to drop it in the job tab and forget about it. They wanted folks thinking about who they invited. Who would actually contribute and not damage the team.

Not sure if it's the right thing but I feel it's what they were striving for. As in faction wars. Their goal of late seems to have been to encourage faction participation. And as in FW the leaders have to watch for the "spy" someone who joins teh faction for FW and hands the kills to other factions.

As I said, really just thinking this out as we go.

They have tried to build in a risk to keep it from being simply another drop your stam and go type of event.

Maybe they expire after 24hours of no attacks? And that spot is open for a new one?

George Burd likes this.
  14. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I'd rather like to see a limit on the number of bosses that you can be in. That prevents players from leeching a ton of raids and basically forces them to focus on a few bosses at a time.

It would also partially solve the issue of players getting too many rewards, which seems to have been a reason why Kano doesn't want to make the raids easier. So then then can lower the boss health a bit.

Lasinagol, AlterEgoT and George Burd like this.
  15. George Burd

the biggest problem with that on kongregate is, if you dont post the link in job chat armada chat then armor players cant use it and vice versa

16. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

time zones make different issues. for example today.....montly calendar helps start at 2am my time. That gives people in europe etc much better chance of helping out their entire mob, whereas I won't wake up til 6 or 7am my time. Also does that in BA etc. If it stats in middle of night, you are dead by the time you wake up. So I don't really care about the decision....i got all the people i wanted on LCN/fb last time, got my health really high. I didn't care about the little levels...if someone little wants to join, go ahead.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  17. AlterEgoT

Well dang. Can't you just put it in Faction feed? or can't they be in faction with you?

Although on Kong you can PM folks and folks with the kong plus can start private chats. So I see a few options to help with that.

George Burd likes this.
  18. George Burd

I would agree on the limit if it is a at the moment thing say 3 at a time one dies you can add another you should create a poll on that Aapje I will gladly converse on that as well

19. AlterEgoT

Yeah the challenge helps always gets me. I'm either asleep or in the middle of the work day, lol.

George Burd likes this.
  20. Reefer

Reefer Active Member

I wouldn't want to approve the requests. I don't really have any problems like the ones mentioned. My solution is use your armada members, after that start a private group chat and post the links in it. I only invite the lowers I know participate to the group.

*** Also the tier levels are too close IMO Should be tier 3, 2500+

George Burd likes this.