[PC] Raid Boss #3 Feedback and Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 29, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The 3rd Raid Boss is tomorrow! Here’s a detailed overview of how this feature works.

Summoning the Boss

[​IMG]
    While the event is on, you can either summon your own Raid Boss or join someone else’s. Every player’s Raid Boss is the same strength, regardless of who unlocked it.

Raid Bosses are unlocked with 4 different Keys. Keys drop from Adventures in specific Locations, each yielding a different Key. Adventures with higher Energy costs have a higher chance of dropping a Key.

When doing Adventures in Locations that drop Raid Boss Keys, you will be able to see how many of each Key you current have. You can also jump between Key-drop Locations.

[​IMG]

Jonah's Devil Keys can be found in the E. Tortuga, W. Tortuga, Peking and Barbary Locations.You can unlock your Raid Boss as soon as you have one of each of the 4 Keys.

Any unused Keys in your inventory can be turned in for XP after the event is over. Keys are not useful for anything other than unlocking Raid Bosses (they can’t be equipped or used in crafting), so you might as well turn them in for rewards. :)

Raid Party Mechanics

Raid Bosses are powerful opponents intended to be fought in large Parties of players. Party positions are divided up into 3 Level Tiers. There are 10 Party Positions available for each Tier of player, for a max Party size of 30 players.

We recommend your Party contain at least 20 committed players. Raid Bosses are harder if members are inactive or not keeping the Health bar up, so we suggest hand-picking your Party for the best possible team.

Fun fact: Players do not have to be Clanned up with your to join your Party!

Try to include some players with Defense-oriented builds to help balance out the Party and provide a solid base of Health for the fight.

Inviting

Three invite links provided in the Invite Tab on your Raid Boss page. To invite someone, send them the link that corresponds with their level.

Again, players don’t have to be Clan members to be invited.

[​IMG]
    If you wish, you can also close off previously sent links. Click the Invalidate Link button to close off the previous URL and generate a fresh one. Anyone with the old link will will be unable to use it to join,

If you just want to fill up your slots quickly, you can also turn on Public Sharing. This opens up your Raid Party positions to be filled by any player who visits your Raid Boss page, regardless of whether or not you have invited them.

Once someone has joined the Raid you are stuck with them for the rest of the fight, so use Public Sharing with caution!

Raid Party Health

You can help establish a solid base of health by inviting players with defense-oriented builds to your Party

Keep a close watch on the Raid Health Bar, as the Boss will deal back a lot of damage whenever someone Attacks or Barrages it.

As the Raid Party’s Health is reduced, your Attacks and Barrages will do less damage and earn you less XP.

If the Party’s Health ever hits zero, the Party has wiped. The Boss will regain health whenever it wipes the Party, so be careful!

Heal the Party regularly to earn XP, keep XP Rewards for Attacks and Barrages high, and deal more damage in combat!

Raid Boss Mechanics

Fighting the Boss

[​IMG]

The Attack and Barrage buttons are used to deal damage to the Raid Boss. The Raid Boss will hit back whenever someone damages it, and in a twist unique to this feature, if it manages to wipe the Party’s Health, the Boss will heal back up to the last checkpoint.

Boss Health Checkpoints occur in 10% increments. For example, if the Jonah's Devil is at 75% Health, then succeeds in wiping the Raid Party, it will heal back up to 80%.

Every time you get wiped the amount of XP awarded for actions declines, so keep your Party healed!

Wipes are tracked, and anyone whose actions have caused a wipe will get benched the 2nd time it happens. Benched players can no longer Attack or Barrage and are restricted to Healing for the remainder of the fight.

Loot

[​IMG]
    Loot is claimed when the Raid Boss is defeated. If the fight timer runs out before the Party can take it down, the Raid Boss will escape without dropping items.

The Raid Boss has 6 loot items, each with a Common version and a Superior version, the latter being stronger and rarer.

Everyone who does at least 2,000 actions with 1,000 of those needing to be Healing Actions will be awarded with a Loot item, Cash, and XP when the Raid Boss is defeated. The drop you get is determined by random, however under special conditions a player may be guaranteed a Superior item drop. For example, a player who summons their very first Raid Boss will always get a Superior drop if they succeed in defeating it.

Raid Boss Tips

The Raid Boss is meant to be a challenging event! Even with a large and dedicated team, it will often take several days to defeat it, so don’t go in expecting a quick or easy win. However, with care and coordination your Party can take it down more efficiently.

Remember that the Energy requirement Adventures in each Location have the best drop rates. It might take some time to summon a Raid Boss as the Keys drop randomly from doing Adventures. If you haven’t received a Key yet, keep at it!

It recommended that you keep your Raid Party private and build a custom team. Use the 3 Invite Links provided in the Invite tab to recruit players for each Level Tier.

Remember that you can invite anyone to your Party, even players who are not in your Clan!

Keep your Party healthy! You’ll do more damage, earn more XP, and avoid wipes that set you back and reduce your XP returns.

Try to do Barrages instead of Basic Attacks when you can, it’s faster and the Party will take less damage.

That just about covers the Raid Boss! You can expect to see the Jonah's Devil live in game tomorrow morning. Any feedback you have during the event can be left in this thread. Good luck!

L1LOne likes this.
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Changes from the previous Raid Boss:

Better Key drop chance from Adventures.

Changed the Energy drop rate when performing actions against the Raid Boss (Attacks and Heals). This works the same as the previous Raid Bosses where the Energy drops are based on your contributions, but the amount you get in return has been increased.

No change on forcing people to Heal at the moment, but on that topic, please go vote on this poll here.

George Burd likes this.
  3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I will yry again, last 2 times I would get stuck on a key and spend 4k energy trying to get it. Ty for looking into it and adjusting

cricket_jumper likes this.
  4. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

hmmm... tiers on FB should be 1-3000, 3001-6000, 6001+ imo, would be good to change it before releasing it tomorrow..

5. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

The keys I have managed to drop have always come from the last job in that area George. I dont know if thats already been said, but it seemed to work for me.. still took alot of energy, but I did get them. Like others, Im not exactly energy heavy in the game!

George Burd likes this.
  6. George Burd

I have done that, sometimes I get a key first shot, on the first raid I got all keys for just over 1000 energy, but twice in a row something happened and I spent 4k plus trying to get 1 key, raid isnt that important at that point. I just hop on others

7. cricket_jumper

Im sure we can get a few good ones going in LLL, hopefully get some superior drops. Be interesting to see how crazy some of the levelling goes again!

George Burd likes this.
  8. George Burd

hmmm cj let me check my cc you might be a lower lvl than me in 2 days lol

9. cricket_jumper

lol! Ive just had to buy a new boiler - its safe to say, I wont be splashing the cash !

George Burd likes this.
  10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Oh! We also fixed the issue where if you get the "this Boss is already under attack" message your Stamina slider will reset to 1. This should not happen anymore.

11. George Burd

ok so I have spent 350 energy in easy tortuga, on the highest adventure of all the 6 energy adventures, no key. I think I am setting myself a limit of 500 energy, if a key takes more than that I wont be opening raids. it is a bit perturbing too say the least that a lvl fill up cant earn 1 key

12. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

i did the last job in west tortega over 50x and burned up almost all my energy, so i gave up. not gonna do my own

George Burd likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Got my keys with a refil of energy and had energy left over, thanks kano :)

Angela Brown likes this.
  14. Kirsten

Yes I noticed and that is great :) thanks

Angela Brown likes this.
  15. Kirsten

Tiers seem
    Tiers seem fine to me

16. George Burd

got key one finally a hair over 450 energy

17. cricket_jumper

I managed to get 1 key as well. Over 1000 energy. Thank goodness they tweaked the drops....

George Burd likes this.
  18. George Burd

ya tweaked being 1 nano of a percentage

19. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

What i would like to see is take off those level party or at least change it , i know alot of peeps will agree with me , they have to many 5000+ clan and less lowers, since raids everyone is leveling up faster then normal so the changes i would like to see are :
    Levels : 0 - 2999
    Levels : 3000 - 6999
    Levels : + 7000
    I barely have any active under the level 2000 and the middle level range also not that many ... in WC if you look for raids those 5000+ spots fill up in less then a minute .

kevinmalo and George Burd like this.
  20. cricket_jumper

If we introduced those brackets on Kong, you would have 10 in the bottom and about 5-10 in the next. I do like the idea of these raid bosses, but they are a bottomless pit of resources. Maybe if they set minimums for guaranteed drops, people would be more keen to invest into them. To spend 3 days on one and to get a Common drop is a bit of a kick.

George Burd likes this.