Question on Messaging Non-Mob Players

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by RiskyB, Nov 2, 2014.

1. RiskyB

RiskyB New Member

When I try to send a message to a player that is not in my mob, I'm given the option to construct it out of three pre-built phrases.
    How do I send the message using my own words?

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

You would have to send them a message on FB, if ya not playing on FB which is a ""social network"",but if ya not FB friends will go to their other inbox ( for non friends) then me thinks ya out of luck ;)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  3. RiskyB

RiskyB New Member

Thanks for the response.

4. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

chat them up to get their attention. that always works for me.

5. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

I really don't understand this limitation. My guess is, you aren't allowed to pm people you aren't mobbed with to prevent trash talking (which you can do to a degree with preset messages) from turning into abuse. If that's the case, I see no need for it as you have the option of blocking a player from sending you private messages. It would be nice, in my opinion, if the dev's would remove this limitation so that you can have true conversations via pm with a non mobster if you so choose. More often than not, the message you want to send a non mobster just isn't covered in the preset message. Yes, I know they can mob up with you but, why should that be required? Again, an abusive player is quite easily blocked.

6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

This would be nice. I recently wanted to send messages to a "frenemy", not to annoy him, but to have a game-related discussion with him, and the canned messages don't meet those needs. This will never happen, though.

7. Kirsten

I do not see it happening and I am fine with that, why not just send them a message on FB ya don't have to be FB friends it will to the folder names "" other". If ya chose to play on a non social network then OH well.

8. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

yeah, that's a cool attitude. "we don't have this problem on FB. you players on other platforms, screw you."

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Basically lol

Besides the fact I don't really want to talk to anyone I am not friends or clan,if I do I use the other folder or WC :)

10. graveyardgabby

yeah, not a facebook user. we do have kong chat but, our game is mixed with armor. yes, world chat/game chat could be used but, we are talking about private messages so, i think it would be nice if the devs enabled this feature for non mob. just my 2 cents

11. Kirsten

As you can imagine this can lead to abuse between people as these games can get very heated, so even though you might not do that there are those that will.

12. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

yes, but you can block users from sending you messages whether it gets out of hand or not. i think something should be implemented like the chat filter. you can send free-form messages to anyone in game, clan or not, but they will be censored if they are "inappropriate" (even though we are all adults, legally if not emotionally).

13. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

you can t only if you are mobbed with him :D maybe if you send him a faceb message :D

14. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i think this is a useless feature myself, i rarely send messages even to mob.

15. Kirsten

You don't gift , you don't send messages , you are so anti social :p

But I do not think this idea , this would just cause problems for support, have been there done that in other games.

16. graveyardgabby

There are times when being able to pm a non mobster can be quite useful beyond trash talking. If you end up on a raid boss for example and want to team up with someone where one person attacks and another heals, if you can't talk to that person, things become difficult. It can also be helpful in defusing disputes as opposed to escalating them. In the end though, this is a social game and to me, anything that helps to enhance that aspect of the game, is a good thing. ;)

17. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

yes, but you can do that through pm in chat on kong.

18. graveyardgabby

yes but, kong and armor mix so, you may not be able to talk to an armor player. and not many watch world chat so, again, communication between kong and armor can be an issue. also, chat scrolls on and on, a pm would work better if the person is afk. they will see it when they get back. i don't see why there is so much opposition to this. the real question to me is why not allow it? the only reason i can come up with is to prevent pm abuse and that is already quite easily dealt with. instead of saying there is another way that i can do something that is more trouble, not convenient, less effective, whatever, tell me why it should not be allowed.

19. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Is useful if will have a block messages function for those who will use that just to talk dirt

20. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

this has been brought up before and nothing has changed, so it's not going to happen