Punishments on Raid Bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Paul M. McCormick, May 21, 2015.

1. Paul M. McCormick

Paul M. McCormick New Member

I would like to see some sort of punishment for screwing people over on the raid bosses. I think that if a person does not do the 2000 actions then they lose the current amount of Exp for their level if the raid boss is not defeated. So for me at level 1592 (MW LCN), i would lose 134100 exp points. And yes this would be a negative I would have to overcome to get to the next level. I think the success rate would increase. I had 15 out of 30 do 1 pt of action on the current raid boss, while i did over 12% of the damage of the raid boss. IF they are actually are trying this punishment is reduced, such as if they did 1000 out of the 2000 actions, then they only lose half of their exp. Kinda would make sure i did my 2000 actions.

Additionally, if a person attacks and drains the party's health to zero causing the raid boss to regen, then they are killed and lose the normal amount of exp for being killed.

I think these punishments should be implemented for all of the raid bosses in VC/PC/MW LCN/ZS.

2. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

there is already a punishment, it's called the hitlist.

3. Paul M. McCormick

Paul M. McCormick New Member

that is not automatic... and is not a consequence for screwing over people...now if the raid boss automatically hit listed people that would be cool...

Deblovscats1 and kevinmalo like this.
  4. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

you're right, it's not automatic. but from what i understand from other forum posts, it seems to work pretty well. maybe not as a deterrent, but as least to let everyone else know who the problem players are.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

I agree, chain those Boss Killers, I know people that go in and reset bosses all the time because they dont like the person starting it

Deblovscats1, Kirsten and Dale Barrie like this.
  6. Marius

Marius Member

And if the idiot wrecking the bosses is a say, level 12000 +, and the victim is level 2000? How is a bounty a fair deterrent?
    How does a bounty from a low level stop someone like that who just goes straight back to the raid boss, attacks to retrieve the paltry xp he lost when he was bountied, and then continues to screw the boss over, leaving it unhealed, and in risk of being killed?

kevinmalo likes this.
  7. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

hmmmm how bout kill a raid boss and your bounty becomes 1 gold and all skills set to 1 for 24 hrs? that would be humorous

8. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

It's not hard to do the minimum 2000 hits so obviously at KANO TOWERS they deem that to be reasonable. If you join a boss and use up one of the spaces then you should be prepared to do time on that boss and not let everybody else do your time for you. Just as there is a minimum level to get the rewards when the boss dies I think there should also be a minimum punishment level if you join the boss - which then prevents others from joining as you use up a space - but you do not do enough work on that boss. Not sure what the minimum 'punishment' level should be though. Activity is everything and it is easily monitorable.

I know of players who regularly join 25+ bosses. You cannot tell me that they are working all of those bosses in a fair way unless they have fat wallets to purchase more points. That is just 25 people to possibly piss off.

HJM and Kirsten like this.
  9. Karess

Karess Member

What I'd like to see on raid boss':

Minimum actions/healing scaled to tier - it is very difficult for the lower tier to reach the minimum (as it should be, these are BIG bosses) but for the upper tiers is is relatively easy.
    Tier 1 2k actions / 1k healing
    Tier 2 3k actions / 1.5k healing
    Tier 3 4k actions / 2k healing

Taggers: Limited to tier 3 players - any tier 3 player joining a raid should complete their minimum actions within 24 hours of joining. Those who do not should be removed from the boss, opening up their spot for someone else, and precluded from rejoining.

ThunderStruck, HJM, CazG and 3 others like this.
  10. HelenHH

HelenHH New Member

Raids are becoming less fun since people join but don't do their share until the end - waiting to see if it is going to be killed before putting their effort in. This results in more raids failing.

11. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon New Member

I really like Goerge Burd's idea though I don't honestly think that bountying is a great deterrent. That's because being bountied only loses some XP and not much else. I'd suggest something akin to the stocks where RAID boss killers get exposed to everybody for public humiliation. It may not deter but it could be fun.

ThunderStruck likes this.
  12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

You cannot make someone lose xp what if they just forgot to come back , or joined at the last minute and it is killed shortly after,and were in the process of doing the min , there are other scenarios where this would not be fair

Have a complete bar like we have with regular bosses would help somewhat with people keeping track of the raids the join, getting rid of raids is my first preference

Old Salt likes this.
  13. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Exactly. I didn't even do all that many but there were some I see I never got the minimum requirement in because there is no complete bar letting you know if you did or not.

And of course doing away with these damn things is always my first choice as well.

Deblovscats1 and Kirsten like this.
  14. HelenHH

HelenHH New Member

There is a line telling you how many actions you have done for hitting and healing - I always look at that to ensure I do at leat the minimum. But I usually do much mor ethan the minimum because I think it is unfair on everyone else if that is all you do.

15. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

Doesnt matter what I do, commons seem to be attracted to me

16. Kirsten

The owner of a boss should be able to take down their own boss even if everyone only do the min otherwise they have no business opening one I do not do them to gel others I do them for my own agenda and I do as much as I can or want for me, I just would like a ratio of hits to heals and yes we know where to look to see if ya dis enough for a reward but when ya join fifty more one or two can get lost in the shuffle without a complete bar like regular bosses where ya only have to take a quick glance being. Bounties or attacked distracts me when I am hitting a raid and sometimes I lose my place so a bar would be nice and I will say it again my first choice would be to terminate raid bosses for so many obvious reasons

17. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I don't think that players will join that kinda raid. besides removing- adding- and 24 hours limit, it's just too much. simply hand pick best players.

if you have played them, then you know without buying gf its hard to do more damage and healings, and nobody will buy energy for that matter just because of raids. so practically current bar is fine. basically, find higher level players with more stam, and lower levels with more energy

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Kirsten

No thanks

AXXO likes this.
  19. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I prefer just making friends :p

Seriously though, raids are obviously intended to be a team effort. People should contribute what they can, be it healing a lot or attacking a lot or both. I dislike these rules that make you hit specific numbers, rather than just help the team.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    AXXO likes this.
  20. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

totally agree with you, what if everyone did ONLY the required damage? how is it possible to kill it then? as you pointed our it's just about team effort.