[LCN] Protection Feature (Out of Date)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

FP's may be charged in future but as for right now this will remain free. I see your point about no threshold and just pay to block but I feel the backlash to that change would be immense.

Lower level with bigger/better loadout griefing a higher level. Understood and we have another report of this. We will certainly evaluate this scenario and look to how we can tie it into this feature.

Change will very likely come. We are just a few days into the release of this feature so please bear with us as we take our first steps. We want to make sure we can walk reliably before we take a full sprint ;)

2. Robby Schlafke

Robby Schlafke New Member

It's obvious why there is the protection feature that there is, when someone chains and bullies another player what are they inclined to do? Spend money to upgrade thee player, original Mob Wars has a blacklist and it works great. Blacklist the player from doing anything to you ever again, there are too many people on this game that bully other players and do it with multiple accounts, those players spend money so they are looked over. My family is currently being chained everyday by a player that uses a few accounts but what can we do. He's many levels above any of my family and is able to list even the accounts that are almost 2000 levels below him relentlessly. Like other players have said LCN is in a slow decline, I dont care, I will take the hits but when a level 500 player is being listed by a level 2500 that needs to stop as people are quitting the game. A blacklist would help this. 1,000 attacks is a joke but the bullies and chainers with multiples accounts are the ones being rewarded in the game.

3. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

blacklist one player is probaly a better idea as you can stop bullying straight away without waiting for 1000 attacks
    certain players can be a problem but lets see how the feature pans out,

if you are being targeted by alts then please send the info of these accounts to support for them to look at

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Just can't see how being attacked in a fighting game is bullying...just can't see it.

5. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

Protection purely on the basis of levels are doomed to fail. Spending patterns have radically changed.

This ain't a scene, it's a goddamn arms race.

6. Next thing you're gonna call this game farmville 3

7. And blacklist is the same. If you don't wan't to get attacked in a fight game, go play a game that has no fighting involved.

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Reporting alt accounts is something that needs to be done, this is not the only game where people have alts and we need to keep reporting them, because many times when one gets banned another one is opened, if ya want to be a part of the solution , then send it reports to kano
    , yes sometimes ya might be wrong, but if that happens no harm done.

9. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

You say your family. So do you mean your wifes account, kid's/kids' account/accounts, and yours? Do you work together with your family? Do you take down common enemies together? How do you know those accounts "bullying" you are not just someones friends/family? Also, the claims of bullying need to stop. I saw somebody on world chat complaining about being bullied yesterday and she was level 1800. It's a fighting game, and yes by raw definition some things would be considered bullying, but it's a GAME. You have a choice to play it or not.

10. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

LMFAO I really do sit here laughing...Unpredictable One you are one of the biggest chainers in this game! Yet you have the audacity to say that 1k attacks is bullying...Jeez!

This protection feature is very wrong...There are certain people who play this game and level...Now if i'm lucky i can get 1k attacks in quite quickly while they are healing, yeah am not really a high level player so maybe they don't notice me attacking :D

Devs you are protecting those who are not quite playing this game by the rules!!!

I saw Drifter make a comment...Highly amusing one at that 'Using Some sort of Auto heal and stay on the hitlist for hours just to level from it. People are getting feed up with this select few players.' I'd like to know how they level from it...Maybe i've missed something lol.

Right now Farmville 3 sounds about right...I mean damn there are people commenting on this thread level 4k+ if you haven't worked out how to play the game by now you really should find something else to do instead of coming here moaning. What is it people say bullies don't like to be bullied :)

11. wsmdel

wsmdel Member

lmao

its almost funny reading the drivel posted in this thread from whinners moaning about bullies that love to try and bully at every time possible.

all i see is players to lazy to use the ambush feature that works very well ...if used or spend their money listing....

quick question... is listing a low level player 100 plus times bullying !!!!!!! i think it is , but i see a player that does that quite often moaning about bullies????

as for spending money, spend it on leveling which takes hours or buy gf weapons that takes seconds to do... am a busy person anit got the time to spend hours leveling .....

12. Cheryl Rose Redfern

Cheryl Rose Redfern New Member

I would rather quit than pay to be protected, that is a joke and I have spent the past 10 months being chained by the lovely DR syn (or not so lovely :/ ) I think it's hilarious how a certain female on the game has everyone protecting themselves from her. I mean pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee grow a set! :)

13. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

which female do we all need protecting from ?

14. Cheryl Rose Redfern

Cheryl Rose Redfern New Member

I didn't say you in particular of LCN, but it is rather funny how she manages to get 1k + attacks on people without them even realising or stopping healing - which most normal people would do if being chained :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
  15. Goats Maan

Goats Maan Member

Divets

xxxxxx
    Level xxx Warlord - Recruiting
    Attacks from: 999 attacks,2 hits,2 punches,1 rigged ignition in 5 hours Attacked first: 6 hours ago Last attacked: 13 minutes

xxxx
    Level xxx Enforcer - Recruiting

Haha nice one get to 999 then list and to top it rig.. how about when someone is nearly twice your level and you attack them hmmmmmm lets say on the list they can only attack you 10/20 per hitlist attack. if you ask me people who do the above then whine about other peoples play should quit and go play Bejewelled or something..

Just my thoughts, do you have any on this matter?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  16. Bocce

Bocce Member

Wow, so I am considered a bully because I have over 1000 attacks on another level 4000 over a three day period.
    Attacks against: 1005 attacks,13 hit-list attacks,5 hits,8 punches in 3 days Attacked first: 3 days ago Last attacked: 2 hours ago

That same person has 999 attacks on a person 2000 levels lower in FIVE HOURS You cannot see anything wrong with enforcing an equal threshold? If you are going to do this, the attack level threshold should weighted.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  17. Goats Maan

Goats Maan Member

Didnt think he would reply. just shows eh

18. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

tl;dr - This is the worst in-game feature ever.

It is not bullying when you do it to somebody else, it is bullying when it happens to you :) We all know it is always the chainers that whine the loudest and make the first use of the surrender flag. Bullies don't like being bullied.

This whole feature is ridiculous.

(a) Basing it on level only is a stupid idea. Your skills (a/d) and items (w/a/v) each count 50% towards a fight result - yet only the first is taken into account here. Up until recently I lost fights against players 3,000 levels below me. Yes, 3k. (This is while having decent drops, a full mob and a much higher a/d than the attacker) ***

(b) It is a fighting game. If you are a lower level that are being bullied, ride out the 24h window or use the other in-game features - we all did that in a similar situation.

(c) It is a fighting game. If you are a higher (or equal level) and are being attacked, toughen up and/or use the other in-game features - we all did that in a similar situation.

(d) There is a huge difference between (b) & (c). Even worse there is a bigger difference as you go up. A level 300 with 50 days play may need some extra hand-holding, a level 4k with 1k days of plays does not. Using the same metrics to click the little pink "I'm a coward" button doesn't make sense.

(e) We (as actual players) all know at the high levels the game has changed over the last year. It is not about level, skillpoints or boss drops in PVP action anymore. Like it or loathe it, it is a reality. When in Rome...

*** No, I'm not whining, I toughened the fook up.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  19. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

Some people take the game outside - that is they incorporate real world events.

I know of a couple of people whereby either an ex boyfriend or just someone who doesn't like them continues to list and/or attack the person being bullied every day. One of the people I know this has been going on for over a year.

The "bully" if that what you want to call them doesn't care about the game, doesn't care about playing the game, doesn't care if the person they are attacking invites all their friends to help, they only come on to annoy the other person.

I like the "blacklist" feature in the original Mob Wars.

I don't know if that's really the answer - but it sounds a lot better than this "Protection Feature".

Just my 2 cents.

20. Jim Morrison

Jim Morrison New Member

hi i have abox under a mobsters name about him being protected from me i have over 1200 attacks on him in 1 day but we are in a war thats not fair lol