[LCN] Protection Feature (Out of Date)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The time has come to release a Protection feature to LCN. Below are some notes as to the specifics of this feature. Please have a read through and feel free to leave constructive comments in this thread. Non constructive comments will be physically pruned so please add some substance to the dialog that we can all benefit from.

Why allow Protection in the first place?
    Some players can find themselves in a situation in which they are being "griefed" by another player due relentless and un-retaliated attacks/hits against them. The victim can feel trapped by the griefer who is attempting to halt their level progression within the game. By allowing the victim to "protect" themselves from the griefer they can get some breathing room for 3 days.

What defines a “Griefer”?
    A Griefer can fall into one of two categories: In-Range Griefer and Out of Range Griefer
    • An “In-Range Griefer” is someone who Attacks/Punches a player within their XP range 1000 or more times than their opponent, basically preventing them from playing
    • An “Out of Range Griefer” is someone who places a player out of their XP range on the Hitlist a 15 or more times than their opponent
    • If you are a Griefer yourself (ie: someone has set Protection on you within the last 7 days) then you will require more attacks than the above 2 scenarios in order to qualify.
    Who/What can't I protect myself from?
    • Hitlist Attacks - If you are placed on the Hitlist then you are fair game for anyone to attack you until you die.
    • War Members - If you are at War with a rival Syndicate then you are unable to Protect yourself from any of it's members.
    • High Level Players can't Protect themselves - If your level is greater than the average level of the top 30 players (for your network) then you are ineligible to Protect yourself from anyone.
    Where can I set protection against another player?
    This feature will only be visible to players who qualify so no news is good news :D If you do qualify you will see this in 2 places:

Rival Mobs
    The Protection tab will show you a qualifying Protection Candidates as well as any Active Protection campaigns you have running.
    [​IMG]

Opponent Profile
    If you are on the griefer's profile you will be able to directly set Protection from here
    [​IMG]

Here are the hard #'s:
    In-Range Protection Qualifying Conditions
    • 1000+ more attacks/punches against you than your opponent in your active rival window
    • Note: If you have recent Protections set against you within the last 7 days, each of those Protections will count as 500 attacks against your opponent when determining if they qualify.
    Out-Of-Range Protection Qualifying Conditions
    • 15+ more hits placed against you than your opponent in your active rival window
    • Note: If you have recent Protections set against you within the last 7 days, each of those Protections will count as 2 hitlists against your opponent when determining if they qualify.
    General Terms of Use
    • Max 1 Protection Campaign in effect at a time
    • Protection lasts 3 days
    • Protection cannot be undone
    • Protection costs 0 in game cash
    • Note: This feature is in BETA and may change or be disabled as we monitor usage and feedback. This post will be updated as changes occur.

Edits
    Dec 2:
    - Hard #'s were calling out X # of attacks "over 24 hours". This was incorrect and is actually over the duration of your current Rival window.

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Protection is re-enabled. Despite announcing this yesterday it was not showing for anyone. This has been resolved. I look forward to the feedback.

3. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

im not seeing the feature yet

4. maizy boobalicious

maizy boobalicious New Member

waste of time, and energy, spent.

i speak not for myself, as i am high leveled.... but you guys have made this game so that level really doesn't matter if a player has the bucks to spend to buy weapons. if they have enough weapons, the level is irrelevant.

3 days of protection ? big whoop. people around lcn land seem to feel they can carry their grudges for months, and years, so what is 3 days ? nothing. you are still showing preference to those who spend bucks in this game then to those who just try to play their game unencumbered, and fairly.

you expect players to sit still and take 1 thousand attacks each time before they can use their block button ? who does that help....? only helps the player who can afford the stam boosts to do this 3 times a week to those they dislike.

you see where i am going here..... you guys REALLY need to go back to the drawing board..... your rules as to what you consider excessive are truly not in caring about your players.... you're showing preference for bullies.

Shifty Paladino likes this.
  5. Pranav Sood

Pranav Sood New Member

agree with what maizy said .
    it is a waste of time and only helps bullies . protection should not have a time limit and no min requirement 1000 attacks diff what a joke .
    i do not like some one attacking me i should be able to go into protection
    suggestion
    charge a nominal fee like a g/f point or some thing and allow people to b/l players so they cannot attack or list you

6. Really now,how bizarre are you guys. You are willling to sit and watch as few players who spend big bucks with you guys kill this game. Its only time before the majority of others players who spend on a weekly/monthly basis leave for good because of bullying of a few players in this game. How can you guys want to get rid of bullying but yet want someone to to attack you 1000 time. Also a player who is lower in level can be a bully to a higher level if they have the more cash to spend.This game is all about who can spend more cash on a daily basis. I say if you want to create a feature allow a mob to blacklist 3 players of their choosing for say 30gf. You guys get your cash and the players who are been targeted can play their game. Come on Kano do something...the game will slowly die as a result of bullies

7. zacko343

zacko343 New Member

Look: Honestly I play this game for fun! I don't spend any REAL money on it, so my opinion probably won't matter! who is going to sit and keep clicking heal for someone to attack them 1,000 times! Seriously! This protection should automatically kick in (Free of charge) after 500 attacks with the ability to turn it off if you so choose. Why don't you do the following: take away from people that are 2,500 levels or more above someone the ability to punch or hitlist unless the lower level player starts the battle. Because honestly, the lower level players that have not bought their way to a full mob cannot afford to spend GF points because they need to add to their mob to avoid being bullied.

Figure out a way to stop those CHEATERS out there! The ones that use auto-heal or bots to assist with Hitlist kills or staying on the Hitlist for 45+ plus minutes!

This game has slowly started losing my interest! Please re-think strategy for newer players and ones that don't have real life money lying around to spend on a game like this.

8. HammerTime

HammerTime Member

I tell you what if i was a bully then i would love this protection feature, just think i can freely get 1000 attacks on most of my targets then chill out doing other things for a few days then do it all again lol seriously what sort of protection it that? Also who the hell is gunna get 1000 punches more then their opponent lol, jeez i got 948 punches one someone but that took a few weeks and they had around the same on me lol so that seems pretty pointless

Another thing, never would i be stupid enough to let someone attack me 1000 times unless they want to go trough 1000 ambushes lol the least i would let someone attack me is 20 times before i would start ambushing them unless i kick their ass as well then its free leveling but if you can't do nothing but ambush them then that could get pricey for some and for those with low stam they won't get to do much other then waste their time ambushing which would ruin someones game cause what's the point of playing if that's all you can afford to do

What about people without a full mob, they haven't got a chance, its like another Kano plan to get people spending cause this would just give the bullies a free pass, protection mode should be a feature that is on everyone's profile already and if someone is causing you problems you can pay a fee for getting protection from them.
    I think there should be a twist so you can either pay 10gf's for 1 week of protection to give you time to gain levels and get stronger or you can spend 10gf's and have stats turned around for 1 day so no matter how strong the bully is the bully becomes the victim and the victim would win both ways against them for 24 hours also after the protection feature has been activated on a bully that bully would not be able to use protection against the victim until the victims protection time is up

Think that would be a good one and pretty interesting to turn the tables around for a day for those who haven't got a chance in hell, what so you think?

9. Bocce

Bocce Member

This game is called Mob Wars, protection should cost. Using GF points is not the correct way to go. This way people are not forced to use real money. I understand you are a business out to make a buck, but this is not fair to most.

How about people can pay in game money to a stronger player for help? Maybe it is an hourly fee over a set time period period, or lump sum? Place a time or attack limit, so the offender knows he did wrong, but still has a chance to play. Once a player realizes he is a target he can pay restitution using in game cash to the offended party to have the protection lifted.

It is difficult to get 1000 attacks on a person in 24 hour period, unless they are using auto healers! Could be a good way to catch people sharing accounts and using auto healers.

10. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Bocce i think the reason they did not want to use in game money was because of the alts and people who can toss money to other accounts simple to do in games. Using god father points makes a little more sense. But there were numerous suggestions when they talked about the feature awhile back in the forums. But again it comes down to if you let someone ruin your game or if your really worried about stat losses in games. Or you get stronger and beat those players back in return. Numerous ways you can make issues like those stop. But it depends on the player to do this.

11. Marie Laveau

Marie Laveau New Member

Who came up with this idea?

It's crazy!!! Seems to me more problems would be solved by disallowing chainers to hide in hossy between attacks so they can get their just rewards. It's the chainers that want this protection. Also, where does this place us when we are at war? Setting limits on attacks is going to ruin the game.

12. Dawn Gold

Dawn Gold New Member

attack limits

I agree marie new comers to level 50 i would say give protection. but then if there was a hogg standard limit to the amount of attacks then we wouldn't have chainers. Couldn't the limit be disabled during war. All protection off during the war.

Problem some of us has is the fightlist is NOT refreshing and if your like me trying to get your dailies done you end up attacking more times than you want to because the only names that keep coming onto the fightlist is the same people and not everyone has alot of time to play the game. I.e i work nightshift and run a website so therefor dont have much time so to get my dailies done I have no choice because i dont have time to return to the game and i dont use mobile to connect to game..

13. Camerelli Thomas

Camerelli Thomas New Member

I received more than 1,000 attacks by the same person but I do not see why link protection????

14. Protection

This forum is a joke. The moderator came on once and made only one comment to someones remarks and totally disregards others valuable opinions about setting the limits to 1000 attacks (which is bullying) and the amount of days that one can protect themselves...I know its a business so make it where one can blacklist 2-3 players for 30gf. That way you guys make your cash while the player still enjoys his game. I doubt however my point will be be responded to by anyone...MW LCN slowly dying and will if nothing is done to protect bullies.

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

So a moderator came on as a player, not a Moderator, and gave his opinion like anyone else, how is that a problem. The Moderators have no say in what the Dev's design for the game. I as a player see no need for this feature, but obviously the Dev's do. and hope they do not implement it anywhere else, the fact that someone would heal to be attacked 1,000 times in 24 hours is unreal anyway, unless they were using a leveling partner.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
  16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Have you attacked back at all? Are you in a syndicate war with this player? Are you in their XP range or out of their XP range? Please provide some more info and I will try to determine your scenario.

17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The wheels of feedback are turning so let me take some time to address some.

First I see many comments that this will ruin the game, bad idea, etc etc. I am totally open to criticism but please know we do not take this lightly and have already run through 2 rounds of discussion on these forums which can be found here if you are curious.

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?7821-New-Feature-Up-For-Discussion-Protection
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?8079-Protection-from-Griefers-Final-s-and-Discussion

Having said that can we please keep the discussion/criticism focused to the Protection feature itself and not all aspects of LCN. This feature is very much in Beta and I would like to work with the community as much as possible to tune this.

Here are some hot topics from this thread.

Attack Thresholds
    This is all negotiable and like I said above we have had 2 rounds of debate already. 1000 attacks may seem excessive but it happens. Someone raised the point that a low level player with a highly loaded out mob could grief a high level player. I see how this could be an issue but do you have any specific instances of that? If so can you send this through support with a note about the Protection feature so I can have a closer look at the scenario. Of all the requests we have had for a feature like this I am not sure we have heard that so again please pass along the info.

Cost and # of Active Protections
    Also negotiable. Given this feature is in beta and we will be making changes as we monitor its use we did not feel it would be appropriate to charge FP's to use this. This could change in the future. As for the # of active protections, again this could change but we want to find a balance between giving a player some breathing room and blocking too many interactions within the game.

I am within threshold and can't see the link
    There is some context sensitivity here mainly with Syndicates and Wars that could be affecting this. There could also be a reporting issue on how those rivals #'s are being displayed. Please attach as much info as you can and I also encourage you to PM me with your network, user_id and the user_id of your rival so I can look at the specifics.

So having said that you may be curious as to how this feature is being used. So far not much at all. We have 6 active protections on FB and 2 on MySpace. This could mean we need to lower some of those thresholds but it is too soon to say. Data will be analyzed early this coming week and we will continue to keep the information updated here.

Final Post Edit Note
    First post has been modified as there was a typo. Hard #'s were calling out X # of attacks "over 24 hours". This was incorrect and is actually over the duration of your current Rival window.

18. maizy boobalicious

maizy boobalicious New Member

Attack Thresholds
    This is all negotiable and like I said above we have had 2 rounds of debate already. 1000 attacks may seem excessive but it happens. Someone raised the point that a low level player with a highly loaded out mob could grief a high level player. I see how this could be an issue but do you have any specific instances of that? If so can you send this through support with a note about the Protection feature so I can have a closer look at the scenario. Of all the requests we have had for a feature like this I am not sure we have heard that so again please pass along the info.

i believe you referred to my point. i will be happy to oblige. please message me your email address. thank you.

never mind, i inboxed you here :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  19. gods people

gods people Active Member

Hi guys. i play all 5 kano games and in zombie slayer there is already a feature in place that stops you from attacking a player to much. Just implement that if you want to stop the chaining. :)

20. I think the main reason why you have such a low mount of blocking is the threshold of 1000 attacks, that way to high for someone to sit there and allow someone to chain them just to block them for a meager 3 days. I suggested using the fp to totally blocking someone from ruining your game forever and thats should be an option after all its mob wars its like eliminating them from contacts with you. Also there are lots of instances where mobs who are in less in level than another mob but has a bigger loadout with special weapons gives them grief. Things need to change