[LCN] Proposed PvP Balance Changes - Sept. 20 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoping that you weren't counting on that Christmas bonus based on NPS this year. :) Your slight change seems to be a little more than slight and has alienated another set of customers. Wow!

Someone I was beating by 18% last week. I'm now losing to by 61.6%. That is MORE than a slight change.

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Removing some post for straying a bit off topic and getting a little personal. If you would like to leave feedback about the change that is great, but let's try and keep it at that.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. The PvP change is horrible and nothing I said in a previous post was personal. Kano employees should be responding to the concerns of the players and you mi7ch are MIA on this topic. The graph you presented for justifying these changes is all pretty and everything, however unless the raw data is provided for others to validate your work, then it is nothing more than abstract art. Wow! Delete this one also, since the truth seems to hurt. :)

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Smack is a Kano employee and is responding to the concerns posted in this thread. As noted way back in May, I'm not longer the Kano representative on this forum, hence my "absence" if you'd like to call it that.

I understand that this is a change from the status quo and it can be difficult to adjust to. That said, I fail to see how casting aspersions on Smack who is doing his best to try and address the feedback and work through this change is the "truth". We welcome productive, cogent feedback, but speculation about Kano and its employees doesn't help us get anywhere.

5. IamClueless

IamClueless New Member

Just an observation from my side: It seems like the value of Personal Loadout has been nullified with this change. I am well above 20k in atk/def skill points and I can not notice any change at all PvP whether I have zero personal loadout or max atk loadout. Is this something that other players can confirm? And if so, is this really intentional?

6. Tiny Vile Lyn

Tiny Vile Lyn Member

Just WOW. I spent money on weapons/armor/vehicles as well as putting most of my skill points in attack and defense just so I wouldn't be bullied or sat on in this game. I don't bully anyone, I don't retaliate for hitlist attacks, I play warmode and I hunt. These changes you made have left me vulnerable once more. No longer will I be able to hunt in peace, now I will face being sat on once again.

You encouraged us to spend money to get stronger so we wouldn't be sat on. And we did. And what did we get for our money?

bait & switch

Your increase was by far too great. A player I beat yesterday by 1k damage I lost by 6k damage to this morning. You have nerfed the accounts of the newer players to the point they will once again be bullied by the older players. Good job.

Mott and DumbDumb like this.
  7. Bogbrush007

Bogbrush007 Member

Well done Kano, so now we don't need to bother buying weapons but just keep opening raids to level as fast as possible to get the skills to get stronger :) nice to see your business strategy has just lost a large section of your revenue. I do hope that with this mass speed levelling you have now created you have a whole batch of new cities in the wings ready to open for all those players already up there in level with nothing to do. You are not encouraging longevity in your game with the change you have just implemented.
    Has this change affected my game play, TBH not alot, but I don't want to see this game that I have invested my time and money into go to the wall just because some have complained about new people who have spent in the game to play.
    Personally you may have thought more along the lines of raising the values of the weapons that were purchased by the veteran players all those years ago or even made the drops from the new cities and bosses more lucrative for those who are at that level.
    Come on Kano please get a grip anyone can see this is not a good way forward.

Navy Chief!, Mott, DumbDumb and 2 others like this.
  8. So, we can comment as long as we don't question? I did not cast aspersions on Smack, only stated what I had heard from someone that has been playing this game as long as them. Now, you have clarified that they are a Kano employee, so will drop that point. However, the change you made (from my perspective) has alienated quite a few of your "paying customers" (see above comments). Ok, with me..I'll just add a few more options to the new truck i'm buying this month. :)

9. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

Finally, someone I recognize. Mi7ch, please explain to me the logic of the biggest bait and switch (no one is even close) I've ever seen in an online game? I've been playing online games for over 10 years, so I've been through some ups and downs with them. You all just outdid Zynga. That's impressive in a very sad way.

Bill Hollingsworth and Valerie like this.
  10. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Am sending in a complaint to Apple, since the Iphone I have is NOT as good as the new Iphone 8...think they should downgrade the 8 ...also my car..dammit isn't as gas efficient as the newer models...they need to make the new cars guzzle as much gas as my car :confused: should i go on or just end it saying, way to go Kano for changing the rules o_O instead of adding to the game, improving the game all you did was :eek: it up more and piss people off :mad: LOOT is now WORTHLESS!!! :( you have the power to fix your mistake, will you fix it?? :rolleyes:

DumbDumb and Bill Hollingsworth like this.
  11. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

As for what I said about Smack, based off what someone else said he wasn't an employee but a moderator. My mistake for assuming that to be true, I'm an ass. But Smack has been indeed indifferent to the significance and magnitude of these changes. Referring to them as "slight," when they are nothing but. Our cash was just wiped out, how are you going to rectify reimbursing us for selling us something that provided a measurable value then wiping out that value overnight?

12. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Moderators get or at least to get perks for signing up for the program. No offense Smack, just putting it out there as all the older players should remember when Kano didn't have enough cash to hire more employee's. Pretty sure that has changed over the years. Especially with Zynga doing what they did. The change definitely benefits my account as I have been playing for 2852 days. Doesn't mean I agree with it. You gave veteran players a huge edge over players who have bought items. I don't see this bringing your veteran players back to spending as most of us quit doing that. I don't see new players spending anymore now. Basically instead of screwing us without lube for years, you just did it to yourself. Let me know how it feels in a week. The balance is way off. Devs would see this if they actually played the game. We've been complaining about that for years so is that going to change now as well? I'd love to have the rest of the links ;)

13. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Another example of the "unslightness" of slight:

Fight Lost
    You were attacked by [ ] PLAYER with a Fight Boost of 5.5%. You lost the Fight losing $500,000. You dealt 4685 damage and took 7328 damage.
    Arm your Mobsters with stronger Inventory.

This player routinely attacks me (I'm ok with that, it's a fighting game) with a fight boost of 37.5% and would lose (I'm really ok with that!) by a large margin. POOF *slight* formula change goes in, and now they handily beat me with no boost. This player has significantly fewer mobsters, 2 crate items, very little other high value (boss or limited) items but decent health. So I am to assume, s/he has put scant few skill points into E & S and all in A & D evenly?

The loser message is ironic now though. Arm your Mobsters with stronger Inventory. Yeah, that'll do squat!

Bill Hollingsworth and DumbDumb like this.
  14. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

I AM OF THE SAME BUILD TYPE AND SEE NO CHANGE AS WELL ??>

15. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Definitely, it now goes back to the game it was before a group came to Kano and shot up in months to beat the ones here since the beginning,by buying buying buying, WTG Kano, nothing wrong with spending but ........

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I have never felt Kano encourages people to spend, that is a choice each and everyone of us makes, no one twists anyone's arm. Maybe ya should not have gotten to where ever you are so fast, not sure if you are one of those, but many did.

kevinr likes this.
  17. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

He's Level 10425 and I am Level 9970.
    Now I lose:
    Fight Lost
    You were attacked by [SDF] xxxx with a Fight Boost of 5.5%. You lost the Fight losing $500,000. You dealt 13666 damage and took 14805 damag

But 2 days ago:

Fight Won
    You were attacked by [SDF] xxxx with a Fight Boost of 10.5%. You won the Fight, gaining $500,000 and 940 XP. You dealt 14505 damage and took 13936 damage.

That's a major change - not a tweak - if you ask me...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2017
  18. Mott

Mott New Member

well said...TY

19. There has to be an incentive to spend. The only incentive at this time is Raids to gain SP's to put in attack and defense. The other revenue stream, weapons, is not as viable an option for players. Raids are, what once a month, vs. weapons which are available every day of the month? So, they effectively removed one complete revenue stream for the game. Again, it's their choice. :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  20. Tiny Vile Lyn

Tiny Vile Lyn Member

I have support messages that say "get help from your syndicate or buy stronger weapons" and if you look at the details it says in big bold letters to buy stronger inventory items. They most certainly DID encourage spending, especially when they did NOTHING about the bullying. And FYI, I'm not a big account, I didn't level like crazy. I'm still in Venice, if that helps. The bigger accounts are less affected than the smaller accounts. We are the ones that will pay the most because it will go right back to the stronger players sitting on the smaller players simply because they can.

Mott and SweetestAngel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.