[LCN] Proposed Change to Pawn Shop

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Jul 30, 2016.

?

Should Kano allow people to sell back Limiteds that are 70% weaker than current for 20% FP?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2016.
  1. Yes!

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. No.

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

im not a big spender, but i spend and I stopped cause if i wasnt steadily spending it wasnt doing any good, so instead of walking away totally i have just prepared myself to become weaker and weaker each day. Making items to craft that would be competitive with all the new items would be a great boost to the game.....

2. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

I agree this should not be a game of who can spend the most money - what this is causing for those can't spend a lot of money to want to leave the game completely. Eventually the ones left will stop spending as they will have reached the top and those of us that took years playing this game because we love it and we love the people we have met along the way will sadly be gone. There should never be a way that someone so new to the game can get to a level of 11K and have the strength of our top players in less than six months but this is what is happening. The only way to re-balance the game would be to give us the option of cleaning out existing inventory to craft bigger and better items because what the new people won't have is the years of experience and years of gaining those obsolete items. The veterans will feel like there is a chance to gain their footing back in the game. It would be a win win for KANO freeing up pages and pages of useless items. It would give us all a reason to hit the smaller bosses once again. This is not a hard fix - it is simply using items that are already in our inventory and adding exciting new items to craft. No new phases needed like adding a pawn shop for FP's. We are only asking to have a fair chance in this game again. KANO created this mess and we are offering suggestions on how to make it better and fair for all not just the new people ;)

3. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

here is a list of some changes you could make.
    1. raise the size of mobs and hired guns to allow more players in each mob, but you also would have to raise the limits of how many points could be used on fighting strength, that would allow for getting stronger and using up all the useless items we now have. also no cost on your part to have to hire extra people to design or apply them.
    2. if your gonna make items for gift items for past players who have passed away, least least give them high enough stats or make them useful to craft with, as it is, they are just some more junk to add more useless items in our inventory, the same goes for ten toes delivery vans, got hundred of them and they are completely useless ( DONT MAKE MORE GIFT ITEMS, IF WE CANNOT USE THEM TO CRAFT WITH)
    3. put higher stats on gift items that match todays inventory to use. items that can be bought, either add more of them with higher stats also or get rid of them completely.
    4. actually make drops on new bosses to match current levels of inventory, (higher levels this new city boss, got items that we cannot use becus we cannot craft items using them becuz we are a higher level then the new stuff
    5: if your gonna make new citys with new bosses, give us items with better stats and something we can craft with or actually use on our fight strength list( simple way to do this is by raising the limits of our mobs/hire guns,, and also our fight strength points that we can actually use, that would allow more of the useless items to reappear on our fight strength. if you don't want to raise limits on mobs/hire guns, at least raise the fight strengths, also would still allow more gear to reappear on fight strength for us to use
    6> on the work shop, the new items and blueprints you give us, we cannot right away without getting weaker becuz we are still using older inventory on our fight strength lists, (at least give us a way to either push some of these older gears off the fight strength lists or raise the amount of points we can actually use in our fights to allow us to use more of the useless gifts (also allowing us to have more mob/hired guns would be a good way to accomplish this

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Sandy Barrows likes this.
  4. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

A simple way would be to increase the mob/hire guns and the fight strength limits to use up those useless items and make it a lot more fair and we could again use gear that is just laying around gathering dust, but I totally agree with you and they should use these suggestions to improve their games.

5. Sir Opinion Alot

i feel with the new high stats of items have offset that actual value of fight skill points i believe the higher level and time played should make these area alot stronger and carry alot more weight than they do now, example 100 day mobster against 1800 day mobster, the 100 day is a lvl 7000, 1800 day mobster 9100 , more skill points have been placed in att n def area, all the years of calendars, challenges ( weekend and week challenges), all the crafting, and the boss collecting for years should never have to worry about a baby coming in and just buying power and beating anyone they come across. Its ok to make your money but its a slap on the face to your long term hardcore players that seemed to be put on the back burner and treated like yesterdays trash being ready to throw away on next trip out the door. This right here is what has made everyone made is you basically gave all the power to people with cash only and left anyone else behind.......

Sandy Barrows and Kimbella like this.
  6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Okay. As an example, one of my lowest items I'm using are baguette launchers. How exactly does this help?

7. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

A new tier is needed in workshop - maybe called tactical - this would enable the Higher levels to craft from the latest boss drops - this would enable higher levels to craft meaningful items - workshop hasn't kept pace, even at my level it's not very usefull ATM
    Or is it possible to craft with the raid drops ? Why not - they are sitting in inventory and have been earned - not bought - just my initial thoughts
    The workshop could offer so much more scope to build (not Buy) or maybe to include purchased limited as well :D

Sir Opinion Alot and Kimbella like this.
  8. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Do you ever feel like you are talking to yourself ?

9. Backdoor Boo boo

Backdoor Boo boo Active Member

All the time:oops:

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

11. Sir Opinion Alot

here's an idea for crafting, alot of issues over new item's, newbies leveling fast and buying power with no skills needed what so ever. My idea would be new very powerful items and these items can be unlocked by gamerpoints 1 item for category. And as each achievement you unlock these could be the benchmarks to unlock the craft item. The last achievement for daily gamer's item should be 400/400 item and with these craft items it would be nice if both stats was the same. you could also make a special powerful craftable item based on the amount of active days. Heck you could make powerful items that are only unlocked by long term played achievements. This way it would take time also to be powerful. some of these new items you could also throw in a 5 fps cost to craft these special items . These items could be update with elites stats like other items at a later point when they become weaker also, that way you would have another outlet of releasing special power items for loyal players and make the game fair.

12. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

I have to say I don't really care for crafting i'm lazy :D But instead of the pawn shop I would certainly go craft old Limiteds. I just know this pawn shop will not work...I feel it is a waste of everyones time and effort.
    Just from the simple maths I did at the beginning of the thread it was clear to see it will not help anyone. People will want to trade in old limiteds to buy new ones and having to trade 5 in to get 1 is scandalous.

Someone in a previous post said it's not about who can spend the most...I have to say it is. But it's actually about when people can spend the most...I.e now or 5 years ago.
    Someone who spent £20k 5 years ago is less than half the strength of someone who spent £20k yesterday.
    My mobile phone gets upgraded...I'm sure you get the point.

13. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

use any of the crafting items and your gifts under those gear to make at lease the same stats gift or alittle higher gear. out of all the old stuff that's under those

14. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

yes

15. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

sounds good so far except the fp points useage, I dont need anything more to cost us extra, I spend enough each month as it is! they don't need anymore cash hog items

16. Bocce

Bocce Member

Kano talks and all I hear is blah blah blah.

17. Sir Opinion Alot

when i mention the fps i would expect it to be for the high end items like 400/400, the reason why i say the fps is i know kano and they would say making craft items this high would throw the game off balance, so i was thinking ahead this would slow down the purchase of so called items, but the lower teirs should not have a fps cost, the lowest item for gamerpoints should be around 75/75 and then do incriments for each achievement after the first with last item being 400/400. bu t i would rather see no fps cost to craft these items. since all new items that can be bought would be just as powerful if not more and sooner than later they will be alot better items on the market. The still should go with the pawnshop but go by shelf life 2 years or more for trade in, and give atleast 10 fps but on the generous side 15 fps would be nice, and as for throwing the game outta whack well i think thats done been done with no chance of changing it, this would make it for more of a fair fight. As it stands no a moderate spender and low to non spender cant even be competitive anymore, this is a area you need to fix you cant base the game around just your spenders if you cant make the competition more competitive the spenders will sooner or later have no reason to spend since no one can even touch them, and to me that is a bad business choice look down the road and the future think of the fustrated long term players that have mentioned so many ways to fix and help this and its seems to take way to long to come up with anything.

Kimbella likes this.
  18. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

one of my members hasn't spent any money at all and hes pretty much stronger than most of his same level. but he choses wisely what he gets for gear and he's in no hurry to level.. the game can be competitive at his level cus there are still new players his level that don't spend either, he just ignores the higher players, lets them punch or kill him and remains dead for awhile. he wants to see how far he can get with out using bought items, and given time, one can out craft some of the higher gears.

19. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Okay. So how can I find out out of the thousands of items I know have in my inventory which ones will craft better items than what I'm currently using? It sounds like you're an active crafter. You don't find this whole process labor-intensive? That was my main point.

20. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

its not hard to see what is being used so far just by looking at the gifts for each item being crafted in the workshop, then look at your inventory and see what items are gifts that are not being use. No I don't find it intensive if they would let us use up the thousand of items we have in our inventory to craft something, prime example the drivers shoes, i have over 10,000 of them and have not been able to use them at all. that would be one such item to use up in crafting something of value. but those are boss drops, add some gifts items that we have thousands or hundreds of to that to make something useful. the memorial items are nice that they pay homage to those past players but they do nothing for the game and just add more junk tour inventory. My purpose in arguing this is to use up the 100 or so items that are already gifts to make new gear. the ideal situation would be to be able to use each gear and the gifts we have now to craft new gear, that can also in turn be used at a later date to craft with that match the stats of todays gear.

Kirsten likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.