October 1st- 2 New Locations (Helheim and Vingolf)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Oct 1, 2010.

1. My guess would be that it would reduce your overall att/def by some % or have your health tick down backwards until it reaches one making offline "cursed" players easy targets to kill.

2. Vanadium Cobalt

Vanadium Cobalt New Member

Hi Eric,

I would like to say that the changes with New Worlds/Empire is very impressive, nice job, I do however have a question.

What level will you be releasing the New World, if we the higher players suggest a level would you be willing to accept or reason with it.

Like I have said before, we have a fair few players marching to level 3500 and in my opinion this would be a good level for us, some might beg to differ but would you be prepared for a few options/suggestions.

Thanks.

Regards,

V.C AKA Blackbolt.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  3. Great

Hi sounds great to me 3rd location for high level players ... :)
    about empire is there will be more empire in each location .. like Helheim for example:
    we have
    Mansion>Income: 50,000,000 Guard House>Income: 60,000,000
    so some Empire between existing 2 empires with income 52mil 54 mil 56 mil ... im just guessing.. :)

also NEW adventures Gold drop can be more than millions lets say some like 50-billion per adventure so new players who dont have much income have some target and hope ...

Again Good work Dev,s Kano Apps Rock on ..

4. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

How about bringing in some new worlds/empire at level 4500 to give us all something to strive for and look forward to, It would be better knowing it was there and we had to wait to get it .. like a special treat, LOL.

5. Xbliss

Xbliss New Member

love the new updates and how the players get some input on the situation, Greatness.....

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I think what makes the most sense is to push out a 3rd location that is not too big of a jump from where Vingolf leaves off.

When I have an idea of what the level ranges will be I will post here, should have something tomorrow since we are going to make a run at getting the 3rd location out this week. :)

7. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

So what you are saying is then Eric, more of the same, you are going to do exactly the same thing again as you've done before and exactly the same as you were going to do anyway. Thanks for listening.

8. Level 4500 only exists on facebook. The closest guy on myspace is still 1000 levels away. Now I would be fine with that if there were worlds in between, say one at 1600, 1850, 2200, 2500, 2750, 3000, 3500, 4000, and so on. Most players aren't going to sit and trudge through a 1000+ level gulf that has nothing new in between.

9. Vanadium Cobalt

Vanadium Cobalt New Member

Hi Eric,

So if high level players are going to miss out on 1000+ adventures what exactly are you going to give us?

We have had to do 2000 levels with nothing yet you still reward lower players. Would you be prepared to give us the drops for the levels that we are missing, something is not right here.

Regards,

V.C AKA Blackbolt.

10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Guest

Top Poster Of Month

This is getting old fast. I remember chatting with someone who said wait until they screw you like they did me. Well the waiting is over. I am near level 3400. It takes over 100,000 exp to get a level. So someone at level 1500, it takes them 15,000 to get a level. You release a new empire at 1500. Do you see a problem here in terms of balance? Yes I get more experience per battle amongst my own kind but not quadrupple (less than double). They earn energy at least three times as fast as I do for the same time spent. The result is inevitable (I don't mind battling but I do like having a chance!).

Re energy and adventures on older empires: why decrease it? I have done the chariot adventure maybe 5000 times at 104 energy; now its 66 energy .... why? Where is my "38" energy for each that I have done? Or on horses (likely 7000 plus attempts at them). Why change the energy requirements? A chariot was a prized attack weapon. Now its "cheap" to get. It makes no sense whatever.

An easy compensation if one might call it that is to release the energy to the players for the devaluation of the weapons costs on the past attempts.

I spent lots of time and money on this and this is not right. This is not the way you treat your customers or to make a game outcome requisite to the work that people have put into it. No game out there does this to the high levels as you are doing so again. You have done a double whammy this time around, on people who have played the game at length and brought their friends into the game as well.

11. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

8549 times I completed the Horse adventure, @23 points difference, 196,627 energy points. For the chariots, 3746 times, 38 points, 142,348 energy points. I would like at least 338,975 energy points please and thanks. That is for one of the two whammies you have done to your customers! I repeat customers.

12. so what amount of favor points can be given to get lets say lost new drops 1000 levels energy? so if players have 1000 energy that's 5 000 favor points LoL and they take of old adventure drops like horses or trols? so what deal we talking about? :eek:

i know that its bit unfair but personally i just give up asking ...im just moving on :).

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We plan to release a 3rd location immediately this week where the last adventure will be unlocked at level 2100.

Here are the stats for Viking Clan on all the social networks we support of number of players above level 2100:

Facebook: 38
    MySpace: 20
    Hi5: 7

With this 3rd location there will now be 2 new coop bosses to release that will have drops, we can tune these drops to make a more balanced inventory drops with adventures at the higher levels as stamina regen/level refill is relatively the same for a lower level and higher level but a higher level player likely has far more max stamina.

We realize that it is difficult to make everyone happy when we release new content, especially those players that have already played though those levels where the content is released. We will add this 3rd location, add the 2 new coop bosses and then re-evaluate the situation.

In order to add new locations, we have to sometimes tweak previous adventures to make room for the new ones, unfortunately there was really no way around this and was required to make room for new locations. Alternatively, we could just not add new content or updates to games past a certain point but we choose to continue to support and add content as that is what we feel is the right thing to do for the players. VC is just about 2 years old now and this content release may have been a little overdue but at least it is happening And we are listening to the higher level players concerns and taking action with this 3rd level and the drops that will be awarded from the next 2 coop bosses.

14. Gavin

Gavin Member

Again as my 1st post on this topic the new adventures and empires are great for the game. But as also stated the advantage goes to the middle level players. The new players still have to get to the new adventures/empires and thats something good as they have lots to shoot for.

Kel the Merciful King, your aboslutely correct. The drop in energy requirements just negates all the work and adventures everyone else has done. Now all the adventure we did, others will do in less than half the time.

And to discuss the level difference. The new adventures start at 930. A level 930 needs about 10000 exp to level which comes to about 66 battles at 150 exp per victory, where as @ 2500+ its about 100000 to level... which is about 333 batle wins at 300exp per victory. In summary the level 930 can level at least 5 times faster. At which they would gain the 500 energy to do adventures and another 50 stamina of which is almost enough to level again.... so not only can the 930 player do the adventures 5+ times faster they also will be able to do more as they will be able to level and level... in time they 930 level will have 5 times the drops and complete all the adventures 5x faster.

Then theres the drop in energy requirements. Like Kel said this just give more to the lower levels again getting more drops exp....

As stated prior, this has happened before. With the last set of new adventures. In fact there are many lower level players w/ more "chariots" "winged fire suits" than the high levels some with significant numbers more... like 5000 drops compared to the high levels 2000 drops. Again due to the above advantage.

So why not just increase the energy requirements next time, maybe even like 300 for an adventure then change the level replentishment on energy to compensate... like the basic 500 the @ 1350..750, @ 1500... 1000, @ 2000 1250 and so on. And again only for energy this give an equal balance. Making more adventures at 1500, 1750, 2000... is great, but just by doing the about it would evens things out

And for the long time player/customers again to balance for the 1st adventure imbalance then this one and also the att/def system change. So like 4 set backs in all. Skill points should be give to for the number of days played... maybe 2/3 for each day played.

15. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

I appreciate new content and the inevitable battles that will ensue from it. But dropping the energy requirements on past adventures still makes no sense to me. If people want the achievements and they do, they will get them. The adventures at the top 2 empires take higher energy at the top end and at the lower end, minimal energy. Why tinker here? It leaves a very sore taste in my mouth for sure. Like I said, I have spent tons of energy getting the "muscles" I got, and someone "new" can spend a heck of a lot less and get more sooner. Its not right. Period.

Yes I have earned the advantages I have as a long time player and a bounty hunter as well (bounty 1.8T +). I worked my ass for that and put in the time, and my reward is that I will be bouncing off new, much lower level characters. Your prior move drove out at least 5 high level players I believe in FB, and hampered the fun of many others who likely also dropped out (or hung up their bounty hunting rifles). This move with its double whammy will likely do worse. When you do these "sequels" I think the thought has to be there to making a NEW VC Sequel with improvements for all players. You must throw bones to all, and if you leave any group out (the high levels you pointed to), that group may in fact be the influencers who may say to others "I played for all this time, then got screwed ..." Or "I started this cool game and then these changes came ... "

For example, the intro of the att/def defence points and the retroactive rewarding of points per level, changed the game significantly, and many I am sure hoped that it could make a difference or delay their leaving the game. But in one case I know of, it was not enough to compensate for losing 800 levels of adventures. That one, dumped the game and 2700 friends. Sours on the game whenever possible. We are at the same precipice again, if not worse. I seriously hope you know what you are doing.

Founder of Freedom, Fun, Forever in VC (FB) - an enthusiasts club of 75 members

16. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The drop percentage for the rewards in the adventures that were lowered were also adjusted, the drops will still cost the same amount of energy to get the number that you have acquired.

All the other drops that you have collected, do not get rid of them, they will still have value in the game in a feature that we are currently spec'ing out that is aimed solving the issues raised here by the higher levels.

Again, we plan to release 2 new coop bosses that will award kill rewards and drops, we plan to release the coop boss rewards to help offset any negatives from the release of the new adventures in the new locations.

17. Griff

Griff Member

@ Kel Well said ....

@ Kendall If you have indeed adjusted the drop percentages to compensate the lowered energy requirements of at least the Muspell Advents then I guess this will even out.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Muspell Advents now take around 30-35 % less energy so did you make the drops pay out 30 - 35 % less now?

Im guessing we will just have to wait and see how it all plays out. The last time the major changes came out it was absolutely a negative to alot of the higher players. I stopped leveling much and now when I check my equpiment against someone of equal level that moved up after the last changes they have a significant number of more drops than I have. So... this adjustment was not implemented the last time or it wasn't adjusted enough.

You have to understand our concern even though we seem to be a minority the number of clans coming to us for help and advice is significant!

Lastly, I do want to applaud you for trying to better the game and I hope for VC's sake it stays a fair and competative playing field after any and all changes.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  18. One thing that can be done to help the higher level players with the drops and still allow mid level players to access the new worlds: Reduce the number of points where XP required to level doubles, triples and quadruples...At least bring the leveling requirements in line with Pirate Clan, double it once instead of doubling at 1850, going to 2.5X at 2500, tripling at 3000 and so on (facebook ppl feel free to interject if XP required to level jumps another time after 3K) Keep the XP doubler at 1850 but get rid of the rest and for those who have already leveled past 2500 increase their level by the amount that it would have increased with XP required to level in the 40-50K range at 2500 vice 60K and so on.

19. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

That is an interesting fix proposed. The XP does stop at triple but the intent of the 2X, 2.5X, 3X, was to bunch up the people for battling purposes (or apply a bit of torture to those intent on leveling). You do get "used" to it if one can ever say that, but I do miss the opportunity to level say 10 times in an hour v. 3 if I am lucky. If they did knock it down to 2X, it would still be a tidy sum of XP to get to level. I know one viking who might be happy with that adjustment: they would hit 5000 but likely not be happy to get it "that way". I would take whatever comes my way and deal with it at this point.

20. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

I note the following stats:

World Root: 25 attained, 60 attempts, 66 energy required, 42% drop rate
    Underworld Longship, 41 attained, 60 attempts, 68 energy required, 68% drop rate
    Legendary Blade, 38 attained, 70 attempts, 123 energy required, 54% drop rate
    Horses, Chariots, 6829 attained, 12295 attempts, 85 and 104 energy required, 55% drop rate

While Eric you indicated that the energy/drop rate was adjusted, getting Longships (47/47) at a 68% drop rate is either lucky (small sample) or not indicative of the adjustment you made to energy and drops you implied. One of the two whammies is still "on" in other words. I can wait it out for the other things to come out of the lab tho ... thought you ought to know one experience here (ya, you can tell I am an audit type ... )