October 14th - Heal Improvements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Couple of improvements that were discussed/suggested on this forum previously have now come to life around healing your character.

1. [heal] link in header is always visible, clicking on that link will give you a pop-up response of that heal instead of bring up another box that you would have to confirm that you would like to heal yourself.
    2. Healing through in-game currency will now heal your character to 100% of your max health.
    3. Heal costs have gone up slightly to take into account the full refill, this may need to be further increased.
    4. Successive heals in a short period of time will increase the cost to healing.
    5. Pop-up from heal response from the header link will close after 1-sec, or can be closed before that by clicking on the "Close X" or clicking on the black/transparent area behind the pop-up.

2. I like the full heal part Kendall, but number 4 looks a bit like picking on the high levels yet again.
    It costs me to heal: $10,289,893....You can't be serious.

3. T5000

T5000 Member

Improvements???
    Discussed - Suggested

Pffftttttt Must of missed that meeting

4. Ah!! but your not a Dev, so you, me and all the players dont matter. We just pay the wages.

5. This is TOTAL BULLSHIT....From $10,289,893 to $13,912,371 in a few Heals.
    What Planet are you people on ?
    If you dont want people to level...say so...but give me my money back as this is unjust...You are really pushing the boundaries here...You screw us on XP and now on health.

DONT dare try saying this is not about money...

6. T5000

T5000 Member

Dont you realize you being played yet??
    The 3 stooges are back to get things going

What happens when you get listed by a low level cash cow,You lose heaps of EXP -You lose heaps of money healing to try and get some small amount of EXP back -Oh I know you buy UN points for money now

7. Heal: $12,366,552....it goes down IF you play slowly....WTF ?
    So if your listed theres no point to healing because your going to just hurt yourself by healing.

No Kano, We play at OUR pace not yours.

Zombie Slayers is the hardest game you have to date but your making it impossible to play unless people buy UN points.

GET A GRIP MAN !!!!!!!!

8. In one week I've spent $6+billion on healing to do levels...You check your records you'l see its true....I cant bounty hunt in this game to make that up because you screwed that up.

I spent a lot of REAL money on this game to forward it and I'm not stupid, before you say no-one told you to / as in previous coms that always manage to get deleted by vampyress.

Oh we await the delete as usual....Tom...extremely pissed off player.

9. Jay Shinigami

Jay Shinigami Member

Have to say although it makes life easier in terms of having full refills, the increasing cost is rather annoying as all it takes is for you to run into a few ambushes and before you know it you're paying 2mil to heal and going up at less than level 300. At this rate I'd be broke through healing before I manage another 30 levels

10. Thank you Jay, but I think once you get listed and it comes into practice you'l find that a lot sooner..It is a another rule that is meant for the lower levels...which makes sense to a certain degree but is really stupid to higher levels like me that have forged on ahead with REAL money and are being penalised for doing so.
    Never a mention off - COMPENSATION for all these little ingame changes....is...there...???

Well it's about time there was.

11. W T F

W T F New Member

"Couple of improvements that were discussed/suggested on this forum previously have now come to life around healing your character."
    Improvements according to who ?

"1. [heal] link in header is always visible, clicking on that link will give you a pop-up response of that heal instead of bring up another box that you would have to confirm that you would like to heal yourself.
    2. Healing through in-game currency will now heal your character to 100% of your max health."
    Both good changes, the way it should have been from the get go

"3. Heal costs have gone up slightly to take into account the full refill, this may need to be further increased."
    Do not like it because when you heal you should be healed to 100% Maybe it should have been called partial heal..LoL. Why would it need to be further increased ?

"4. Successive heals in a short period of time will increase the cost to healing."
    This is nothing short of ridiculous. It is expensive as it is to do outbreaks now (energy) you want to smack us with a double whammy and increase healing costs ??? Then add the fighting costs and this game is just getting to one sided in favor of Kano. Whats next, a fee just to log into the game ???

"5. Pop-up from heal response from the header link will close after 1-sec, or can be closed before that by clicking on the "Close X" or clicking on the black/transparent area behind the pop-up."
    Another nice idea to make it a bit easier VS having to close all these popups

As others have said, everything seems to be in favor of Kano AT THE COST OF ITS PLAYERS. Where does it end? Many of us have put real money and lots of it into our characters BUT in light of these and future changes it may be time to move on and find another game and take our friends with us. As a company trying to make money it is fine to be hungry but DO NOT bite the hand that feeds you.

12. After playing this game I must agree with WTF 100%....This game is a MONEY PIT...either way you look at it your character must pay in the end some where. If people are not paying out of their bill folds then they are surely paying straight from their character. I am happy to say I WILL NEVER EVER EVER Put another dime into this game until some real changes are made that actually show real benefit to the players that make this game stay around for those who are not able to pay for UN credits. KANO/APPS LISTEN CLOSELY....The majority of your players are old skool mafioso's and I can tell you first hand that they have money and they will support your Zombie Slayer game if you help them also in their cries for real changes in the game that benefit the player. If KANO/APPS does not listen to these cries for help, mark my word that KANO/APPS will lose many many old skool mafioso players and they will take their good hard earned money else where. That's a promise !!

Sweets aka IPA........

13. amen!!!!!!!!!!

14. Oh Wow...your starting to see it for yourselves....Merry christmas and have a happy new year....Tom...x

15. Oh yeah I saw it. I am sure that KANO has seen my spending level go way down also, as in ZIP, ZILCH, NADA....LoL....As I said before, I will NEVER put another red cent into ZOMBIE SLAYER. The game is a money pit and anyone playing the game that is also buying UN points should stop buying as of TODAY!!!!!!!!....You ARE wasting your money...Honestly I'd rather be ripped off by Zynga playing Mafia Wars than to give KANO another dime....
    Is this where I should wait to get banned? Or do they realize I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!! LOL:D

16. You and the rest of us sweety..........all waiting.........All Kano's doing is building a very large disgruntelled ammount of players that dont dare voice their oppinons and they know it.....Think about it though....your comments and mine about people spending their real money might just sink into a few thick skulls....I dont think its enough though...They dont care.

17. Oh eventually they will care...As a matter of fact I'm going keep this link & post it everywhere that I can possibly post it so that anyone and everyone that plays Zombie Slayer will hopefully have the opportunity to read what we are writing. Because I assume eventually I will be banned and I want to make sure that my 2cents about this 'money pit' application from KANO/APPS is known to all.

18. W T F

W T F New Member

Well for starters at least a few of us think the same way. Question is does anyone HEAR us ? I actually signed into mafia wars today, I wonder if its time to warm her up and get the friends back over there......

LMAO, just noticed....my first two posts. Guess I just got tired of reading all this time and finally decided to put my thousand bucks in ;)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  19. Please do not let this thread posting die................ send one and all, good or bad, happy or sad to this wonderful Kano forum so that all may read what the good people in Zombie Slayer are feeling about how this game is a 'money pit'.
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?t=2152&page=2

Please ask your squad members to sign up in the forum and give their 2cents.

20. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?t=1851

You commented on the original post back in September, so most likely just forgot about it.

This is not a change for us to make more money, we are basically obsoleting Health buys through the UN with this change.

This was a change that we felt was best for the game and was one that was suggested through feedback from players. The old heal process was a 2 step process, click get confirmation box, click again to confirm, then you only get 70% your max health. Some players/users would try to direct access the heal link because healing was such a pain, we would ban the players. Taking a step back it seems that if we were to make the process to heal your character a little smoother, put a slight increase of cost for successive heals over a short period of time with the in-game currency to discourage run away healing, we could create a system that would have no need for direct linking to attempt to heal your character and would make it a lot easier to heal your character in the heat of battle but all players would be on a level playing field.

Maybe the increase is a little high for ZS I will tweak it down a bit to see if that helps this morning, will try to get that out before 10am PT. Right now it is a 5% increase, will tune it down to 2.5% and give that a try. The base cost for healing has not changed from what it was before. So if you heal yourself 10 times in a short period the cost will now go up by 25%, with the 30% increase everyone gets in health now, healing yourself 10 times in the short term players will still be getting more for their buck than what they were before.