(Non)Battle Arena

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Squarenips, Jul 11, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Just thought I'd chime back in here folks; I talked to the developers about this earlier this week and while we can't make a change immediately we'll do a review of the Battle Arena to try and find a middle ground that's good for everyone.

The one solution I see here the most would be to the minimum # of attacks to be considered "active" increased, but it isn't necessarily that simple. Before (and if) we plan to make changes I'll be sure to give you ample notice.

On a different tangent, this thread has been an excellent discussion with a lot of great ideas thrown around, so that's good to see!

MorbidMario likes this.
  2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

IMO the changes need to be made to make the final rankings legitimate. Otherwise it's just a farce with the same 15 to 25 people playing for a few minutes then hiding out till its over and ranking all over the top 30.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  3. Wiccan Wizard

Wiccan Wizard New Member

I have read this thread from beginning to end. I'm a low level player and you are scaring me to death. Also the point of defensive play or fight strength has been clearly made. From the time I started playing LCN it has always been a choice to build up your mobster to be a defensive player or a strong attack player. So I see no difference in the Battle Arena.

I also do not think that the DM mode in Battle Arena is fair either. Perhaps if everyone that entered Battle Arena started with the same amount of defensive mode minutes or at zero and had to earn your defensive minutes would be better than raising the hit minimum. I don't know how this would be accomplished, but it is a different way to look at the situation.

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No way, earn it like others have. Defensive heavy is not the main reason how defense stance works it's the loadout you enter arena with, if so I want equal attack LOL.
    Here's a read for you, if never saw it http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/regarding-defense-mode-in-the-arena.12931/#post-100648

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yup , if someone decides to build their character for an event every two weeks,rather than for a daily battling game, that is their choice.and Def mode has been earned,however one builds their character and yes Loadout is a component of def mode time, but this is not about def mode,as much as this is about players ranking in the top 10 with 100 attacks and most of the time not even 1 kill. The suggestion is that everyone regardless of their build need to have more attacks and maybe a few kills before going into def mode, IMO they have not earned being in the top 10, and this is what happens in FB PC. Again my idea is also for everyone to be anonymous, as well.;)

6. ben

ben Active Member

yes they can raise it but i dont think its really going to do much ... they will still meet it and get some kills and just be more harder to take out ... so it will be back at square 1 ... so raise the benchmark and see ...

7. O.k. for the Option#1 Option #2 portion of this debate, I have no opinion on Option #2

Option#1: Make everyone in BA by default. Then give people the option to cancel their entry. This will allow for more numbers of people to be involved but at the same time give those that don't want to participate the choice not to.