(Non)Battle Arena

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Squarenips, Jul 11, 2014.

1. VK QHill

VK QHill Member

I think things need to be tweaked, but at the same time we have to consider the fact that many non-attackers won't even join BA if we take away their only way of being significant. I think the more active players should be rewarded better, as they are the ones doing the work, and spending money for refills. the XP is good, but the premise is a Battle Arena, not an XP Arena. The numbers of participants is already lower than it used to be. To make it really interesting, maybe all accounts over a certain level could be added to the arena whether they sign up or not, lol!

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'd like to add to this (say it's changed to 1k hit's or 1 kill etc.) then they go into defense mode, what next more bitchin about defense players and raise limits again? They now have more health, same defense time LMFAO.

ben likes this.
  3. ben

ben Active Member

i agree 100% ... yep more harder to kill then they will be right back in here with a new thread on it ...

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

:cool:

Sure why not lol

5. Kirsten

Yeah and you Ben will be right back also, so don't point the finger at exactly what you do, and I did it to prove it lol:p how about we leave deadspace out of it and tweak FB PC arena where alot of people play :eek:

6. Kirsten

You had me till that last sentence :eek:

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Correct on that one IMO, why join for crap exp, and let others reek the rewards off in-actives, if no chance at reward. 1K attacks as suggested, unless at puter from start for time zones would suck for most.

I believe the actives get way more than the in-actives out of this, so are already rewarded with levels, PS the EXP is not good it's fast EXP.

I'd like to note, I do play arena when I feel like it.

CaptureBA.PNG

8. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I can't believe its classified as "actives" and "in-actives." Makes my head spin. I don't see that term in the help section. If "in-actives" have to reach higher benchmarks then there is more of a chance they may be taken out. They will be exposed to the risks the rest of us face. They will actually have to play something they entered. As opposed to getting something for doing nothing. I really can't see how some defend players who tap a few here and there to get 100 hits in then go into defense and disappear.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Old Salt

If the worry from some here is that raised benchmarks will scare away the dead accounts (accounts with 0 attacks) then I think that's unfounded. Those accounts are joining for the bonus XP they get at sign up. That won't change. These people have no intention of playing the Arena, 100 hits or not. I just did a quick check in the PC Arena and found that once you get down the list past 150 or so it is nothing but dead accounts for the most part all the way down to 757. Accounts with 0 attacks.
    So the "sign up XP" you get for joining is doing enough to fill out the ranks for the Arena. These are people who probably for the most part have no interest in playing, they just want that sign up XP. That's easy enough to get. A small percentage may be those that joined to play but couldn't because they forgot, the time was bad, something else came up, whatever.
    What I'm saying is that forcing these other minimum players (those just getting in their 100 attacks and then hiding) to have to get higher benchmarks is not going to deter people for joining the Arena. These minimum players are only making up a percentage of the 150 or so active players, at least in the PC Arena. Probably the same in VC also on the facebook platform.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That's not true. The worst change that was implemented was the slider, which is why this is even a discussion.
    Before the slider, I could enter and play in every arena, even the ones in the middle of the night, because they generally lasted longer than 6 hours.
    After the slider, I stopped entering them if I couldn't make the start time anymore, and arena participation has decreased as a result.
    True, some (probably the majority of the players) will join anyway for the sign-up XP with no intention of playing.
    Increasing the number of attacks to, say, 1000, will not have any major benefits. Current "hit-and-hiders" will just have to attack for 5 minutes instead of 1 to get the minimum and then hide in defensive stance for 2 hours until it runs out and they get taken out -- just as it is now.

Is that really "challenging" players to participate? Would we not still be having this discussion about "inactive" participants?
    Increasing the number of attacks or requiring kills for a ranking WILL NOT solve the existing problems with the arenas, and requiring kills will result in fewer than 100 active players out of 700 or so (obviously on FB, we don't even have half that many in KP2 LCN, Vikings, or Pirates). Would this really make the majority of the player base satisfied and ENCOURAGE, rather than discourage, arena participation? I think not.

James The App Guy and JADES like this.
  11. I've joined in 3 BAs in 2 different games & won't bother anymore. The odds are greater that mankind will have a permanent colony on the moon within my lifetime than I have of being able to be online when they start or that I'll still be alive by the time I can. On each of the 3 occasions I noted, the longest I tried entering after it began was a couple hours & the shortest was less than an hour into play. On all 3 times, I was already dead.

12. Old Salt

No matter what you set the slider too (1x, 2x, 3x) it still counts as one hit. So no these hit and hiders won't be able to set it to 3x and get their 1000 hits (I think it should be more) in very quickly if that's what your saying. And I looked over this last Arena in PC and found that there really were only around 150 active players. The rest were dead accounts. Probably around 98 percent. The hit and hiders make up maybe a quarter of the 150.
    I haven't noticed any decline in the amount of people joining. At least in PC. It seems to vary between 700 and 900 or so. And yes it will make a difference with the hit and hiders if you increase the number of attacks and kills they have to get. They will have a much greater chance of getting knocked off themselves trying for kills or to get their hits in. I don't know how you are coming to the conclusion that it won't. Ten minutes more in the Arena can be a lifetime. And I don't agree that because you see no way of changing it that we should just do nothing. I think it will make a major change to up the benchmarks. Plus by them trying to get kills they will be announcing their presence to other active players, who will no doubt go after them if they steal the kill from them. Force these hiders into defensive mode before they get their hits and kills in and then they have to try to come out later and or whatever to get the requirements. Now THAT'S STRATEGY! Not like some have been saying in this thread that its some grand strategy to tap some for 100 hits then hide in defense the rest of the Arena.
    I never said this was about trying to increase Arena participation. I just want to get rid of the freeloaders. Make them PLAY. As far as Arena participation. This won't have that much effect. If some of these hit and hiders stop playing as a result of higher benchmarks oh well, they weren't adding anything to it anyway. Nobody would hit them till the end because they are in defensive mode anyway.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    Kirsten likes this.
  13. Kirsten

I don't see an issue with the 3 stam slider. But that is just me

ben and Old Salt like this.
  14. ben

ben Active Member

i agree i dont have any issues a bout the 3 stm slider ...

Old Salt likes this.
  15. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

This is a battle game and as someone already said every player should be in Arena, no need of sign up..whether you like it or not, those who just like to do their minimum hits and go in def stance to just get the rewards are free to do so, but for those that like action like me will be waiting for it. This is a battle game and those that dont like to battle can always opt to play other games such as: Bingo, Poker, etc..etc.etc. it is like joining a racing club but you dont want to race..so what is the point of being in a racing club? same as here if you play a battle game what is the point that you choose if to battle or not?

Susanne Rautelius likes this.
  16. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

17. Kirsten

Well people should not be forced to join some feature added years after starting a game, but if they "" choose"" to particpate in this feature , then maybe if they were made to do more than min. attacks , it may make it better for all who "" choose"" to particpate.

18. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Have read what most off you say in here :)
    Agree that is a need of change the rules.
    Like the thinking Woadlord have here :D if in a battle game then you will be in Battle Arena to.
    Had for sure make it more fun.
    And i agree whit that to be in top 20 then you shall have more then just 100 hits
    A 1000 or more sounds like a more fair amount off attacks to get to top 20.
    And ofc if want to start in deff mood you shall be able to do it.
    After all it is a battle/ strategic game play it smart and get a benefit for it but for sure i think at least a 1000 hits
    Many off you forget one of the good parts to fight it... You get some nice drops wen fight to :D
    No fight no drops... No fight no xp and no fight no levels.
    Dont get me wrong i love to play arena but see the need of change in it
    So
    Proposal 1 : Enter in a war game then the arena in that game shall be obligated
    Proposal 2 : Change the amount off hits to at least 1000 ( had make more players to actually play Arena)
    Regards Sus
    Have fun and take care

19. Kirsten

Proposal 1 NO
    Just as some choose, to play these games as adventure, or boss bashing games with relatively no fighting, ( not my style) and there are many. It is also anyone's choice to enter an arena. We have plenty who enter as it is for the join XP and never play, adding the inactive accounts that the games bounty, is an option Kano can consider.

Proposal 2 Yes

James The App Guy and Old Salt like this.
  20. Old Salt

Proposal 1 - No. No need to enter every account just so you can dilute the fighting even more. The people who just join up for the sign on XP provide enough cannon fodder.

Proposal 2 - Yes. As I've said before this is a fighting game and you should be made to earn your ranking. 1500 attacks is a good start and at least 5 kills I'd say.

Kirsten likes this.