[PC] New Players Help Post

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by George Burd, Jun 17, 2015.

1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Welcome new player,
    I created this post so those inclined can come and learn, and perhaps some older pirates will pass on tips to help. I am sure most of the information I will impart can be found in the multitude of posts in this forum, I am just trying to make it user friendly :)

Energy and Stamina: you get 500 energy and 50 stamina every time you level up for FREE, this said you may want to get to 500 energy and 50 stamina as soon as possible. Also your energy and stamina when you level up will not "stack", this means you will only reach the max you have allocated to that skill. example, Larry has a max energy of 600, Larry has 200 energy left when he levels up, Larry now has 600 energy, he lost 100 energy because his max was 600.

Daily Reward: every day that you come on to play you get a Daily Reward, you can leave it as random or you can choose it too be energy or stamina every day. your reward progresses each day consecutively for a week. 5% of your max for the skill you choose on day 1 and 50% on day 7, (the days in between are all incremental increases) you can save your rewards for 7 days, but when you collect you collect all previously saved rewards. example: Larry plays 7 days in a row, he collects 7 days worth of daily rewards on day 7. or if Larry plays 1 day and doesnt play the next when he returns on the third day he has 1 days reward, Larry lost rewards because he didnt play a day. EDIT You left out if don't collect the max of 7 day rewards, you'll lose all the rewards. TYVM Jades

Daily Boosts: every day (22 hours from the last time you collected it Edit TYVM Jades) you get a energy boost and a stamina boost. the energy boost will fill your energy to at least 2000 and stamina will fill 75% of your max I believe there are absolute maximum caps on this and they vary from server to server maybe some other kind folks can help here on what those might be.

Davey Jones or Favor Points: these are a in game "currency" used to purchase up to 1000 of your 2000 captains. It is highly recommended that you use these for your captains first and foremost. You get 1 Davey Jones every time you level up, you will also receive them for achievements throughout the game. (achievements can be found on your profile page) There is a chance of dropping a random Davey Jones on every boss, this means even if you know you will not be able to do minimum damage on a boss, or you just dont think the boss is worth your time you should at least hit it with 2 attacks at 1 stamina each. (not to mention you help unlock the next power attack for the others on the boss) challenges are both a source of achievements and Davey Jones, Dig challenges seem to have a guaranteed 5 Davey jones drops the very first time you do them. After the very first time it becomes a random drop to get the 5 Davey Jones. Card Challenges are a good source also but there is no random drop, they pay of either 2 or 3 Davey Jones at the completion of the challenge.(card challenges will hit a timer once the last achievement has been reached, meaning you cannot start a new one until the timer is up much like bosses)

Lottery: There is a daily lottery and you get a FREE ticket, on the Davey Jones tab there is another tab that says Lottery and you can win gold, experience and Davey Jones. (jackpot reaches 1000 Davey Jones crazy not to use it for that chance)

Your Name: if you do not like the name the game generated for you, you can change it one time free, after that it will cost you 10 Davey Jones.(use discretion names deemed offensive will be removed by Kano)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    cricket_jumper and Chasity like this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

You left out if don't collect the max of 7 day rewards, you'll lose all the rewards.

22 hours to collect daily boosts of stamina and energy, not 24 hours.

Well thought out, needs few tweaks George. If need any extra information always refer to the "help section provided by KANO"

Capturepc2.PNG

3. Daily Reward: Actually you get different percentage for stamina and energy. For Energy is double the value. It starts with 10% on the first day and 100% for the last day.

George Burd likes this.
  4. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

All of this is great advice for new players. I now just hope some new ones come in to read it. The 200-300 of us who play on Kong would appreciate it...

5. Zombiefried

Zombiefried Member

Excellent work for the beginners, thanks George and all. The new players should also know that joining an armada will help as well. There you will find players who want to help you and answer your questions as they can. Also as you play for a few days, or weeks, you will see players that will help anyone. It is a fun game, try to not be frustrated, many here will help anyone who asks. So ask several and see if anything suits your style of play.

6. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Very true - armadas are a great way of finding stuff out. The older players of the game might have forgotten the answers to some of the stuff you'll ask, but we'll most put you on the right path. AT least we'll let you know the mistakes we made and guide you away from them!

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I like to list for the same reason, and could care less if someone/anyone finds it annoying :p

8. Ade Morley

Ade Morley New Member

Can you help? I started playing this weekend, and reached level 6, joined a clan, moved my city, and getting a grip. I tried to log in on my phone, but it has somehow overwritten my original profile with a new one. How do I find my original profile?