[LCN] New Location now available: Los Angeles!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

On both rewards we have the minimum damage requirement:

Boss Helper Kill Reward

This reward will be collected by helpers after boss is defeated.
    Minimum damage: 72,165

[​IMG]

Minimum Damage Kill Reward
    This reward will be collected after boss is defeated.
    Minimum damage: 72,165

[​IMG]

The difference is, that they don't want to give us two useful items for helping one Boss.

Friendly Fire likes this.
  2. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

Hi @Scoughman , ok let me put it this way, a player sends me a Victoria boss, what drops do I get I get the Totalitarian Weapon att 127 def 133 and I get the Warden Vest attack 111 def 116

Ok are we agreed on that?

If I help on the new boss what drops do I get? I get the executive suit att 136 def 129 and I get the weapon dealmaker with att 114 and def 122

Do we agree on that?

Let's look at the weapon drops only

So looking at the weapon drop which gives me better stats? Even the drop I get for helping on a victoria boss is better. Do we agree on that.

So if we agree on these then surely we can agree that the reward has extremely poor stats

3. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

You're still comparing apples to oranges here because the weapon drop in Exham is a helper item, and the weapon drop in LA is a minimum damage item. The total stats of the helper item in Exham is 260 vs. 265 in LA. The total stats of the minimum damage item in Exham is 227 vs. 236 in LA. They're better.

Even if you throw out which items are which and compare the raw total stats of all items, you get 998 for Exham and 1049 for LA.

4. Friendly Fire

No @Scoughman I am comparing red apples to green apples.

Ignore the total stats, that is where you are making a mistake. You have to compare categories i.e. weapon, armor, vehicle and when we do that the weapon is severely underpowered. If we use your model then the reward for the weapon could be att 1 and def 1 as long as the other is strong enough to beat the stats of the last boss rewards, clearly this would still not make it a fair drop.

A boss helper reward and a minimum help reward are both awarded to someone who helps on a boss, both require the same amount of damage to be done and both require the boss to die to get them. Sp how are they really different for someone who helps on a boss?

5. Friendly Fire

You still have not demonstrated how these are different for someone who helps on a boss and that is because for a boss helper there is no difference both require exactly the same

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  6. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

Is not the basic point here that there ought to be an improvement in the stats of all the boss drops from the new city over the previous city. this is how it has always been. for all cities as far as i can recall, that was the incentive to get to higher cities. the thing is guys, Kano indicated that the drops (apples and apples) were going to be considerably increased. then all of a sudden nothing happens... and we get referred to a new post which wasnt even given out on the game notifications... I have stopped spending on the game but was going to to reach mew city... but you guys are honestly taking the players for granted. with the amount of raid drops people have these days i dont think your stats are correct.

7. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

these problems all go back to RAIDS.... raids caused a total imbalance in the game. Kano says raid drops are "rare" but they not! they happen every month and are common as a result. A player WILL get a weapon drop from a raid (so long as they do a min) and those are better than any city drop items... its one thing for the raids to give xp but the weapon drops (general term including armour and vehicles) are just too frequent.... but i must be sounding like a broken record because i have been saying this from the start of raids (even though I like them)

Friendly Fire and Zoe Bell like this.
  8. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

The kill reward ought to be way higher in attack and defense- at least equal to a raid reward... Older members deserve better for their loyalty. Why would you give them a lesser value item on a new city boss than what was given on a previous city? In order to make a balance in the game, the higher levels need a much higher kill reward combat all the spending being done by newer players. It really is a slap in the face to give you're high levels, that have been with you for so long , such a trivial reward... Kano do something to help them build please- they have been loyal to your business for years show the long time members that you are thankful for that... Good Pr (public relations) is an important facet for all bushiness's to keep their keep their customers happy and their business strong... show them you care because right now many believe that you do not...

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  9. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

This is part of the message from 2 weeks ago... "Improvements to Location Item Strength
    As time has gone on one thing has been abundantly clear: players are much stronger than the loot that drops from Locations, be it Job, Boss, or Minigame. Kano was following a logical progression, but that progression is outdated....Coming this month with the next Mob Wars: LCN Location, Item stats are being re-done to better match the strength levels of the players who are able to access the Location. Please adjust your expectation accordingly, Limited Items will still be the strongest items in the game for the foreseeable future and we won’t be changing older Locations to match, but you will definitely get more use out the next Location’s items than you have for the past few"... So you indicate BIG changes, promise alot and then change it without a public notice and now you revert back to following a progression that you say was clearly outdated...

10. Bogbrush007

Bogbrush007 Member

Kano why are you doing this to all our high level players? do you not want them to stay in the game? Surely these new locations should have the boss owner reward drop as a weapon that is at least equal in total A&D as one of your limited items that can be purchased. These players have spent weeks/months/years playing your game and that is all the reward you can give them for their time and patience with you. How long have they had to sit and wait for you to open a new city ? I'm not really surprised that alot of the older players are leaving the game as you are not giving them any reason to stay. it just shows that the loyalty they have shown to you KANO is really not reciprocated and I find this very sad.

11. Friendly Fire

Must admit I was severely underwhelmed by what was offered in the new location, they have followed the same progression as before and made zero changes to what they already said was outdated progression in their own post in the forum.

It seems every time a new location comes out that Kano then find out that they have made mistakes and then run around trying to fix these mistakes.

What is stopping them from getting it right first time? I would suggest talking to some of the players and discussing stats on items with them before making a release of new locations Kano, if you do this already then you need to find new players to discuss things with. A 5 minute chat with us before releasing a new location would stop all the negative feedback.

12. Scoughman

The item types (weapon, vehicle etc.) are different than the reason they're dropped because it allows for more design space (like making a really good vehicle that people requested.) A new location should always have at least one thing that's quite a bit better than a bunch of the stuff in your inventory, plus one that might not be so good but can be crafted to be better, and then you might end up with some that are weaker than what you could grind from a previous location.

Thus I do realize that it's possible for players to say, farm a ton of weapons from Exham, and then not be able to use the weapon drop from LA, especially since you can always go back and grind Exham to max out your usable weapons. Like you guys, it bothers me that there are items that are currently useless for some players, especially new ones that are coming out. One thing we discussed was just eliminating the Minimum Damage drop, because it can't be crafted and it's almost always going to be worse than a drop from a previous location. But that wouldn't really fix the issue, so this is another one of the problems that we're hoping to solve by making more items craftable.

@Xipe Totec our data does include the raid drops. Both those and Limiteds are quite a bit more rare in people's inventories, compared to how easy it is to get location drops. New location drops are much more likely to replace older location drops or other types of items that are easily farmed. And our stats show us that location drops are still making it into the majority of people's inventories even with the current amount of raids people have. Also to @Friendly Fire, we did gave the stats a slight bump more than normal to reset the curve and ensure the items are useful, but you're both right that it ended up being smaller than even we expected at first.

@Zoe Bell @Bogbrush007 It wouldn't be balanaced to make location drops the same stats as a raid reward or a Limited, because you can get so many more of them. You would be able to just farm the location forever and replace your entire inventory with them, making all your previous work useless (and other events less useful to play.) There's still a very useful set of drops from this location for most people. The game offers longer-time players big multipliers thanks to their higher attack and defense stats, but also a large inventory new players can't catch up to — the issue is that this inventory isn't useful, and crafting should resolve that problem. Changing the stats of other types of drops would create other issues and wouldn't clean up people's inventories. :(

So — in conclusion. We are working on a crafting solution to ensure items outside of your usable inventory are still useful. In the meantime, some stuff is going to come out that isn't as good as your current items, but most of the stuff in this location is still useful to the average player able to access it (or who will be soon.) As you've probably noticed, there's been a number of changes recently that we expected might help resolve this problem, but after analysis we had to scale back on because the root of the issue is elsewhere. We always listen to your guys' feedback, but we have to make decisions based on the in-game data, and I personally think sharing more info with you guys about where the game's at will help us all make better suggestions for improvements.

13. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

all i know i used to do alot of bosses and anymore as high as my overall totals are yes they do replace an item but the item it replaces either its more based on attack or defense cause we know these items dont replace things in both categories. But when I replace items my overall attack and defense barely goes up you say 100 items makes a difference, I have 1200 optimal roamers and those dont make that big of a impact compared to the amount of items and stamina used to accumulate all those items, so in turn after collect these and using a item that is hard to replace it has showed me that chasing alot of boss's is not really the way to go. I have came to the fact to save all my stamina and try to stay away from using fps for refills and buying 17 fps sale items that have a 300 att and 300 def. or greater. Just my thought on all of these, used to be a boss hoarder but have slowed way down.

Gazember and Friendly Fire like this.
  14. Sir Opinion Alot

1 last thing you say your worried about the shift in the game thats fine and dandy, but do you realize that in the last 5 months your new people have went and blew our total attack and defense out of the water by 2 to 3 time our normal...... when you get alot and im seeing alot of people being this strong and when i thought i was round the 1 million mark on att and def well its kinda put everything in a different view for me.....

15. Scoughman

Yeah, it is possible to compensate for the higher SP investment of higher level players by stocking your inventory with Limiteds. The longer-time players' huge inventories should help with this, but they don't currently because a lot of old stuff can't be or isn't worth crafting. This is the issue we keep coming back to in my mind so it's our main focus now in terms of game changes.

16. Friendly Fire

If you do make this item craftable it cannot be based on the usual 20 items to craft one as it would take months and months of bosses to even craft a handful of items, it should be based around the same number as for creating optimals from elites. i.e. 3

The problem is we are all facing the law of diminishing returns on our items. For a lower level player an item with att 130 may add 50 to their overall attack but for someone like me it may only add 1 or 2 to my overall attack, so I am becoming weaker and weaker in comparison to a lower level player doing the same boss, this really disincentivizes me to share.

Kirsten and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  17. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

Maybe Kano has the "random drop" and 2nd "boss kill" reward mixed up?

The car should be a reward and the gun a random drop?

slayer serge likes this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I have a question that revolves around this (pretty-sure crafting kinda works same in LCN as other games, correct me if I'm wrong though) Let's say we get a new boss and the items are useless at current level, why not take away the level restrictions to craft elite/ legendary? (optimal, think it's called here by what have read) Would fix this issue for the most part IMO.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  19. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

You maybe right Geoff, cause under the current system that would make the car carftable later....

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  20. Sir Opinion Alot

Jades that is the best idea ive heard of, cause by time i unlock optimal most of them are useless, I would like to see this happen it would be a easy fixer too.....

Geoff Heretic Wild likes this.