[VC] New Location: Midgard - Odin's Ravens!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 5, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Plenty of bad words out there under 10 letters.

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Ha, when people talk about message length or being censored unnecessarily, I automatically assume they're talking about the in-game chat. My bad.

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Personally why are the highest level players considered by some to be the" most dedicated" by anyone,( some high levels got there faster by leveling partners and if you look at days played you can tell that as well as their fight wins and loses) most serious players are dedicated no matter their level, sure they are players who play here and there and don't care about their game , but I know many many many players in all the games at all different levels who are dedicated , passionate and addicted to the games , Just sayin lol

4. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

I didn't have to spend FPs and would have refused to do so and didn't miss my GP's, but did have to 'take a quick hop back' to get the remaining items needed and wasted over 6 K energy that should have been used to go forward... that is why it was brought up yesterday to try and head off the people having to jump through hoops because they were being penalized for being at a level where the new content came into play. That is done now, no way of going back.. once again someone is a day late and a dollar short. You asked for feedback in the other thread about the crafting needed for the new adventures and when some was given stated it was more an informational post. Don't ask if you don't want to hear it.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The feedback on the crafting given in that post was a request for more Elite/Legendary items, which we are currently working on and there are some threads about that already. While feedback is always appreciated, it was not necessarily related to the topic of the post in this case.

6. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Mi7ch

Thank you, I've submitted a ticket. If KANO had done it in the opposite manner (requiring 40 Staghorn helms - and then increased the number of drops on each adventure) that would have been a challenge. But KANO basically did the opposite. Hence the reason for my anger. Thanks for your last post. Hopefully KANO will make this good.

7. Brown Barbaloot

Brown Barbaloot New Member

8. Grand Master Fielding

Linda

No one should ever suggest that a player who is (for example) level 15000 is more dedicated that a level 5000 player. I got where I am (18400) by spending money on favor points for slaughtering more bosses than just about anyone else (other than Kel in FB). This thread is not only geared to high level players such as myself, but everyone in particular, because what happened to us people over 10500 could one day happen to you. Hence my being so passionate (some might say livid) on this subject.

I'm going to trust that KANO will do the right thing here and issue me 50 favor points or something similar in response. If they do all should be good. If not - well then I'm really gonna whine.

9. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

We never should have been put in a situation where we had to go backwards to go forward... I burned a lot of energy to get the remaining drops-, I didn't spend fp's but it is the same thing, but won't get anything back for it.Once I finish the first 2 of the new adventures I will be forced to back track again and use about 15,000 energy for an adventure completed to move ahead again. And with the petty energy refills gained for each level I'm starting to think if this is the way it stays it isn't worth my time anymore.. Kano is making things more aggravating than fun...

10. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

geez, what a bunch of whiners lol i might be off base here, but arent games supposed to get harder the higher up you get in them? everything ive just read sounds like a challenge to me....i always hear alot of highers complaining that theres nothing to do and now they have something to do and youre all bitching about it?? im sure you all have great points to prove and so on and so forth but cmon, be happy you have more to do than just complain about nothing to do

11. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

well in most cases, the higher levels are dedicated players that have been playing for years and being at a high level is usually a good indicator of that. yes there are lowers that have played for years and arent as high but for the most part its the higher ups that dedicate themselves to the game. and please dont try and tell me that someone thats played for 4 years and is level 2000 is dedicated lol

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

13. Well Demonik this is probably the first time I would disagree with you bud. I have no problem spending fp's and do so daily but to be made to do so to hit your gp's and then after spending over 50 miss the target after other commitments by 30 mins (work, wife, etc!!) wasn't a great feeling. Don't get me wrong I am always looking at making the game a greater experience/challenge but why could it not have been the second adventure we had to go back for so we could at least choose to get our gamer points for that day.

14. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

OK, On the new Adventures the problem I see is that on the 3rd Adventure (Stem the giant assault at the mountain pass) is that you need 70 Dwarven Gatekeepers.

My complaint is that these same Dwarven Gatekeepers is what you use for the Wretch Warrior Recipe! We most likely would have had plenty to be able to start this Adventure but I'm sure most everyone like I have, has used them all to make Wretch Warriors!!!

I don't have a problem with the amount you need, but I don't think it's the best strategy you could have used. I wondered why you did not use the drop item from 2nd from the last Adventure (Jotnar successfully storm the gates, fight for your life) since you already used the drop item from the very last Adventure from Battle of the Bifrost.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Deblovscats1 I had the designers check and the Wretch Warrior requires 1x Elven Deathmistress, 1x Enemy's Heart and 1x Viking Dagger. No Dwarven Gatekeepers involved, unless you're thinking of a different recipe?

16. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

You are correct! I humbly apologize!♥ My mistake, I must need new reading glasses! LOL

17. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I completely understand that things should become more challenging the higher one climbs in level.....this is already achieved big time by the increase in XP needed to level and the limits set on stamina and energy upon leveling when compared to the stam and energy needed to do a single adventure or to simply level to get ones dailies at the highest of levels. For thousands of levels the refills upon leveling are enough to get ones necessary things accomplished after leveling just once. This isnt necessarily the case at the highest of levels and the addition of the new requirements in the latest world just compounds the issue. In the end it just means the highest of levels have to use that many more resources to do the simplest of tasks, thats not more challenging...thats just more expensive. I get that Kano wants to slow the highest of levels down in that its a daunting task to keep up with content for those flying high in levels.....but the return/reward should increase exponentially with the increase in resources/time/expense. I dont see that happening at all....I dont see anything available in the new world that even comes close to be worth the sudden increase. Personally I think that Kano should finally increase the refill limit on stam and energy per level at the highest of levels to bring the disparity between levels a bit closer to balance.

As far as the "Most dedicated of players" comment, its obviously a generalized statement and not all encompassing. I Think its pretty safe to say that most of the highest leveled players on average have been around longer and contributed more. When I say contributed more I dont just mean money spent (but its definitely part of it....these games wouldnt exist if not for the coin)but more so hours logged at the keyboard getting their account where it is, after all active players are what drive these games. I would also add that dedication is displayed by those of you/us that make it here on a regular basis to the forums in an effort to make a difference in these games whether we agree or disagree.

18. Grand Master Fielding

Demonik

Martin is right.

It would have been alot more palatable if the 1st adventure in the New world had required 50 drops of an item as opposed to 70 - the end result making it all but impossible to get daily points for a guild member that day - and maybe another day or 2 also? What I was suggesting (and told Melanie this also) was that KANO should have started it at 50, and then gone up to 70 or maybe even higher. But to ensure that a person not be able to get their daily points for 1-3 days - well that's not cool.

Either or, I love the new boss. And finally I have a bounty that I can be proud of lol.

19. Grand Master Fielding

"Personally I think that Kano should finally increase the refill limit on stam and energy per level at the highest of levels to bring the disparity between levels a bit closer to balance."

My dear Blimp - you're onto something here. Keeping max stamina capped at 7500 is a disadvantage to anyone over level 12000. A very big disadvantage. I've been putting points into attack/defense that I'd rather put into stamina - and the end result is that I can no longer do 15 levels a day, but am pretty much capped at 10 levels a day max now.

20. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Perhaps I should have phrased it differently. I wast speaking of the 7500 cap on stamina for refills, rather the 500 refill cap for energy (50 stam)upon leveling. The price for adventures has gotten to be so high that leveling once doesnt cover ones dailies in some cases unless we are to go back and do an adventure we longer find useful. That puts an even heavier strain on stamina. Basically...if we are short on time and only wanna hop on and get our dailies in short order (1 level)we have to essentially waste our energy on an adventure we no longer need. Yes...I realize we have daily boosts and rewards to compensate but all but the highest of levels dont need to rely on that.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013