[LCN] New Feature Up For Discussion: Protection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Did u read the whole thread? the guy I was speaking to didnt even come close to the criteria of being "griefed", It also souds as if he deserves a lil more than what hes gotten to date....lol

2. polishpimp

I think the number of ambushes allowed should correlate with the number of attacks against...the more attacks someone has on you...the more ambushes u should be allowed on that person. That goes for all the games

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

What you define as "griefed" and what others define as "griefed" isn't always the same.
    Some say more than 20 attacks is a bully while some say 5 attacks is a bully.
    What's deemed as a bully is to each their own.
    But this feature is only for extreme unretaliated attacks.
    But it's still personal preference to what one deems as a bully.
    What one doesn't need is someone constantly telling them they're wrong.
    All that does is drive players looking for help away.
    Last I checked,Kano doesn't want that happening.
    They want to keep their players(even the free players)
    Obviously not everyone will be happy no matter what Kano does.
    For those that just like to attack constantly,there is a nice feature that happens twice a month called a "battle arena"
    There is also something called "level partners"for those that just like to attack.
    For those that don't like to attack alot,there is the rest of the game.

4. polishpimp

Thats great and all...but Im going by what Kano has determined as griefing. nice try...NEXT!

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If you read,you would of seen how I acknowledged this is for extreme unretaliated attacks.
    But there is no need to slam anyone saying they're wrong on what they believe a bully is.
    Yes I use to slam on that,not anymore.

6. polishpimp

no slam here....just stating the obvious based on what was said

7. MWAS Neo

MWAS Neo New Member

Sounds great to me... Fighting game it is and i love for that reason... but as in all fights 1 player is attacking, the other defending... so if a player is not limited on the amount of attacks.... ( i know 5000 is the limit but who gets to that with out someone helping them out) then why should you be limited at all to the amount of ambush you can use? Yer its cool that you cant bush until attacked and i love that idea.. stops everyone bushing the whole fight list... but if some mush wants to attack me 1000 times... he can eat 1000 ambushs!

Black list or not, im not botherd.. but can we please look into the ambush limit... it would be a great thing :)

8. polishpimp

I agree, if someone want to spend the coin and or stam to protect themselves then they should be able to do it as often as they like.

9. Steven Hoover

Steven Hoover New Member

OK, you have a valid point. I will give you that. But I am in a war guild, my griefer ISN'T! I need to get WP's to help my guild succeed in winning the war. But that is QUITE IMPOSSIBLE when I can't even stay healed long enough to get the WP's needed. I can show you my griefer, how he attacked me over 3000 times in a little over a week! It is ridiculous that he can do this to me, and him being 200 levels HIGHER than I am. and having more chieftains than I do as well. They are a different matter altogether, the chieftains. I for one an COMPLETELY on board with this 'surrender' option, but it would be great to have it as a PERMANENT surrender to the griefer. 5 days, he would come right back at me, and I would have to keep surrendering to him, taking FP's away from me when I need all that I can get right now. Implement this as soon as possible so that I and others that are being bullied can continue to enjoy the game.

10. Steven Hoover

Steven Hoover New Member

Would you like to see how it has happened to me? I can copy and paste my griefers attacks on me, which happen NIGHTLY now for the past week, and I set up my string of counters on him. He just gets another guild member to pound on me until he gets through my counters and then continues to beat on me.

11. Steven Hoover

Steven Hoover New Member

OK, so lets take what you just said here and put it into my situation in VC. I am in a war guild that is run by the highest level player in the game. And others in the same guild are a higher level than my Griefer. They attack him and deal with him, but he comes right back at me and continues his bullshit of non-stop attacking me. He isn't even in a war guild! KANO has been approached with this problem that I am having with this player, and I was told that there is nothing they can do about it. I can't even heal without him being RIGHT THERE to continue his assault on me. I have had it to where he exhausted his entire stamina (I dunno what the total is he has) in ONE NIGHT attacking me. This is where the protection would be QUITE beneficial for me.

12. polishpimp

Sorry but I just dont see an issue here. For starters it makes no diff whether your rival is in a war guild, if anything...the fact you are in a war guild would tell me that you are up for battling, perhaps u should try a less aggressive hidden guild.

Obviously you did something somewhere along the line to this player or one of his friends, what u think may or may not justify certain actions may be totally different than the next guy. I guess its possible that u did nothing and that u simply offer him good XP and u r still in range...if thats the case then they are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing and thats kicking butt and getting the best XP available at the time.

I dont buy for one second that your game is unplayable because they attack so often, all u have to do is heal a bit more..Big whoop! Ive been attacked by numerous accounts thousands of times a day for great lengths of time and it was nothing more than a minor inconvenience. I now make those accounts pay dearly. 3000 attacks over a weeks time is a decent number of attacks but I really dont see it as overly excessive.

The fact that they are 200 levels higher than you really doesnt mean much as thats hardly a difference unless u r an extremely low level. The number of chieftains matters not either as u have the same opportunity to go out and get them (should be your biggest focus at this point). The fact is that these are fighting games at their core...your in a war guild and the player beating u like a drum is in your level range. At 200 levels ahead of you you will either surpass them soon and u can return the favor or they will level themselves out of your range. Im not a proponent of the surrender option as I think the vast majority of situations are nothing more than most players have had to deal with. I think there maybe some extreme cases but these are rare and in those cases Kano should be dealing with it individually and banning the offending players.

If there must be a surrender option it should be temporary not permanent, my reasons for this..... If there are players that r truly pushing the limits....than multiple surrenders would be a good measurement for Kano to look at and ban them. In addition....I think what most the players who complain about being "griefed" really arent and what they are experiencing is nothing more than what most of us went through. If they want to keep players from doing what the games are meant to do and actually reward for....then they should have to pay through the nose for it. On the other hand...If the criteria for being a "griefer" was extremely high and someone like you had to surrender multiple times to the same player, I would be all for banning the griefer and you getting a refund of the price of the surrender. But once again....that criteria for "griefing" would have to be uber high.

Realistically...if the much higher players in your guild including the #1 player cant stop this player....than its most likely an alt and they could care less what u do to that account or the simply arent trying hard enough, im guessing alt. The thing is if someone is wasting that much time on u with their alt they are taking away from there main account so u must have done something unbeknownst to you that really pissed em off. In the end ...if u keep plugging along and just ignore them....u will eventually bore them and they will move on

13. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Steven we all have are annoying players who enjoy doing this. I have one myself right now. He thinks he is really hurting my game play but i am still right on his coat tails. And when the time comes for me to return the favor right back to him he will go running like a little kid with his ball and get someone else to fight his battles. It is always like this in games and always will be in games. You will have idiots who sole purpose in games is to run individuals out of them gives them a sense of power and authority they really lack in the real world. So if they can do this in a game they feel accomplished in life. Sad as it is. You just keep working on your player and one day you will get to return the favor trust me on that. Have done this in many games i have played over the course of being on fb since the beginning. And it's a challenge sometimes. But once you get to it you can sit back and laugh at the douche for doing it to you and watch them run and hide constantly.

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I want to thank everyone for their input and discussion around this proposed feature. I am shutting down this thread so we can compile all of the feedback and set some firmer numbers/thresholds that will govern this feature. Once we have this ironed out a new thread will be created exposing what has been decided upon for a final round of discussion.

Thanks again for all the feedback and keep your eyes open for some more details in this forum.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.