[ZS] New Feature: Power Heal

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 7, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey folks,

Today we'll be rolling out a new feature to Zombie Slayer called the Power Heal. What this allows you to do is buff your health over the maximum. There are a few conditions where this is not the case and there are limitations, but we'll cover that below along with a demo video to show you how it works in game.

Power Heal will become available when you reach 10,000 Health. At 10,000 health, you can heal 125% above your maximum by clicking the Power Heal link beside the regular heal link. This is depicted in Battles and Bosses by a lime green bar with a red plus and the word "Buffed", which is overlayed on top of your regular health bar. As you attack (or are being attacked) and take damage, this bar will decrease first, followed by your normal health.

The Power Heal caps out at 100,000 max Health, allowing you to heal up to 500% above (or 500,000 buffed Health). Even if you are above 100,000 Health, you can still only Power Heal up to 500,000 buffed Health. The cost to Power Heal is 25% per unit of health more than regular healing, but the benefit is you won't need to heal as often.

There are two scenarios that cancel or prevent Power Healing and they are: when you are placed or are riding the Hitlist and when you trigger a Counter Attack. If you trigger a Counter Attack, your buffed Health is removed and the damage is applied to you base Health. If you are placed on the Hitlist, your buffed Health is removed.

You are limited to 500 Power Heals within 24 hours of the first Power Heal. You can check and see how many Power Heals you have remaining and when you can start Power Healing again if you've used up all 500 on your Profile page.

This video below will show you what Power Heal will look like and how it works in game. Please note that this video is from Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra, but the functionality and visuals depicted are the same as they appear in Zombie Slayer.

Any comments or feedback, please leave it below!

2. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

i'm not sure about it yet... it might make riding the list a little more challenging, which is a good thing, imo... it's been tested thoroughly and does cancel when listed :)

3. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

What exactly is this meant to accomplish?

So those attacking the list can use it?

I'm guessing this make fight kills more difficult in a quick fight?

By trigger a counter you mean you mean if someone as me ambushed it goes away? Does it come back if I move on? Or have we just given ambushes more punch? (As I see it they are rewarded more than enough for going with crappy builds, one more reason for them to not have to use defense is not a good thing)

4. AlterEgoT

ok I already have a request. Can we create some spacing. It's too easy to hit the power heal instead of regular heal after say eating a trap when listing. And perhaps shorthand the link some how?

It's kinda in the way as it is, for normal play.

RainSunGone and JADES like this.
  5. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

What about and option in settings for "Hide power heal" yes/no, for those who would not like to accidentally hit it...

RainSunGone and AlterEgoT like this.
  6. AlterEgoT

Not a bad idea. or just move it entirely to a different area.

JADES and RainSunGone like this.
  7. RainSunGone

i'm for movin it, not sure where...

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for the feedback, all. Not sure if we have much room left to move the button around, but I'll ask the UI people to investigate.

Yes, if you step into an Ambush then the buffed health is removed. It does not come back afterwards.

It's important to note that buffing your Health does not give you the benefits of having higher Health without actually having put the Skill Points in. It's simply an extra lump of damage you can take that sits on top of your regular Health.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. RainSunGone

after playing w/ it for a while now,i actually like it... other than the placement ;)

AlterEgoT and JADES like this.
  10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Here's a easy fix Mitch, just get UI's to move the placement, no space needed it already exists.

CapturePHH.PNG

RainSunGone likes this.
  11. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

I don't think i'm a fan of this. It just doesn't seem very useful. I mean so i can do a few more actions then normal before clicking the heal button. You can't use it to improve punches, and instantly lose it when being hitlist or ambushed. So really it's not very good for slayer fighting as those quickly turn into Hits & Ambushes., Outbreaks don't cost any health, ...

SO the only application I can see for this is for boss fights so you dont' have to heal as much, but when your sinking in 25% more money to heal thats seems like a bit waste.

Also this seems to promote a large amoutn of health to get a bigger bonus over having a good defense. Not Crazy about that either.

Am I missing something or is this more a novelty then actually useful?

This seems like it would be better put as a bonus on a Character Profile like in Vikings or Pirates where you have profiles that regen health faster.

12. RainSunGone

what's your level Jon, if u dont mind???

13. RainSunGone

Benefits for me:
    1.easier to hunt, less having to stop and heal...
    2.can get my fight gp w/out healing, helps goin thru my rival's as well...
    3. less healing on bosses, which gets old quik using 30stam att's
    for me it's just a time saver in general, and i would think it would help the lowers get a better shot at a bounty so we can hear 'em whine about getting bullied :p

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This was the main driver behind this feature, to reduce the tedium of having to heal so often.

15. RainSunGone

i tried to find a downside and really couldn't... only thing i can think of is it might seem costly to low levels...still don't like the placement ;)

16. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

i'm level 810 as of this morning. I average 3-4 levels a day.
    I think it has room for improvement.

Let's put aside the cost for a bit (I see this encouraging people to use the Profiles that reduce the income timer to get the most benefit from this).

If someone hitlist or ambushes you you lose it. I think this should really not be the case. I think the boost should stay in effect during these.

The placement is awful but really this is easily fixed with Jades idea.

The cost scales so really it's not a lot different between a level 100 and level 1000 % wise anyway.

Most of the time if I attack someone 3 or more times it turns into a hitlist or ambush and render this power heal useless.

Other then boss fighting i don't see it having much use.

Honestly I'd much rather see a 50 Stamina Power Attack instead

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I luv it just the way it is and am glad it is not in use when someone is listed. I would not want a 50 stamina power hit, that is just silly and if it were there and I hit it by accident I would be writing to support, 1 stam for fighting is find, 5 for bosses , that is about all I need, My strength does not rely on using stamina to win against someone, most players I know laugh at people who attack with a 37 % boost, it is pathetic to witness, Just get stronger .

RainSunGone likes this.
  18. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

I don't agree with losing superheal effects once you get listed. I mean i understand not being able to use superheal ONCE yorur listed, but the one your already under should stay in effect i think.

To clarify Kristen I said Power Attacks, not Boosted Attacks

Power Attacks would only be Bosses. It already maxes out at 30 stamina i'm just saying taking it up to 50 stamina for Single And Co-op bosses would save some time. The only exception would be World/Raid bosses would NOT get this change. I know with Leveling, profile regens, Boost, and daily's ect.. I go through about 4 thousand stamina a day on here. Thats a lot of clicking i'm starting to see wear spots on my mouse :p Beyond getting the Gamer Points for the day i don't do a lot of slayer fighting. Not much to be had at my level anyway.

Boosted attacks on players is a whole other story i'm not supporting to increase that at all. It actually goes up to 42% with 10 Stamina. Which i guess forces you to mix Attack and Stamina to be strong. I love it when i'm level 800 and see level 3500's attacking me with 42% boost i'm like "Really?? lol"

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    Kirsten likes this.
  19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

you should come play the other games, but on FB not sure where you play alot more players on FB and alot of action.

20. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

I'm on Kano2 Zombie Slayer - I was wearily of doing anything through facebook i try to keep down the adverts by not playing facebook games :p If it's not bad i wouldn't mind checking it out. Hate to start over after 810 levels.