Need Help with a chain attacker

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mad JJ Corleone, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Mad JJ Corleone

Mad JJ Corleone New Member

Hey I need some help with a guy who just keeps attacking me relentlessly. I have sent messages offering truces and asking what the deal was, but no response.

Sweet William has 693 attack(s) against you in 2 days.

You have 42 attack(s) on Sweet William in 12 hours.
    Your last attack was 42 seconds ago. Your attack count will reset in 23 hours with no further attacks

All but 2 of my 42 attacks were Ambushes. I just cant keep this guy off my back.

2. I know how you feel. I usually only retaliate if someone kills me. If someone chain attacks me to the point of me being killed. The instant I find out about it, I rig ignition, hitlist and set ambushes (as many as I can afford to). It's pathetic seeing them retaliate when they know what they did wrong and escalating it into a war.

3. FallenKnight

FallenKnight Member

Look the game is named "Mob Wars"....
    Now i suspect that the person doing the hitting is a higher level then you are and if so just stop doing anything and you will fall off the rivals list in a day or so

4. write your will

write your will New Member

You were Punched by Johnny The Brains Luciano taking 73 damage.

6 hours ago delete

You were attacked by Johnny The Brains Luciano.
    You won the Fight, gaining $500,000.

6 hours ago delete

6 hours ago delete

6 hours ago delete

6 hours ago delete

6 hours ago delete

6 hours ago delete

6 hours ago delete

6 hours ago delete

6 hours ago delete

6 hours ago delete

6 hours ago delete

6 hours ago delete

5. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Well if he's out of your range and is attacking you, that means you attacked, punched, or listed him. I don't blame the guy for retaliating.

6. Can we combine all these whining threads into one?? I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.....

YOU PUT YOURSELF ON A HIGHER LEVEL'S RIVALS LIST.... SUCKS TO BE YOU!!

YOU GOT TOO BIG FOR YOUR BRITCHES... TIME FOR THE SPANKING!!!

I mean seriously people, do you honestly think you're the only one who plays and everyone elses name is a computer generated AI or something??? Do you somehow think that these forums are where you go when an AI is being too aggressive??
    GET A GRIP BEFORE I LOSE MINE!!!!

7. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg New Member

What you can do depends on whether this player is in your fight range or not.

If this player is higher than you, you have an easy solution. Your ambushes count as attacks so you open the attackwindow if you ambush. Stop ambushing and grit your teeth for 24 hrs. Remove any that you have.

If the player is in your fight range then try setting ambushes but make it at least 20. Sometimes that is enough to just make it a pain and they go away.

8. ambushes are NOT suppose to open the window.ive tested on vc and pc they dont open the window.i would think mob and zombie its the same

9. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg New Member

well then test it on LCN and tell me the result.:D

I'm pretty sure a sprung ambush opens up the attack window the same way a plain 'ol attack or punch does.

it doesn't open it up if it's just sitting there on your list, the higher level has to actually attack you for some reason, like you punch first or attack off the hitlist. If the higher level attacks you and you set an ambush, if the higher level waits 23 hrs and then attacks and springs the ambush, the clock starts again.

Ambushes do not work though if you are on the hitlist and someone hitlist attacks you that you've ambushed.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  10. i too thought that sprung ambushes opened up the window because it counts as an attack ...im sure its mentioned on the help section on the lcn homepage somewhere
    i know it counts when its just normal fight list stuff , because its cheaper to put the ambushes on before you attack back ,..but thats just me watching my "make belive money "..lol

11. beamanbr91

beamanbr91 New Member

Sounds like someone already lost their cool. Kinda funny actually. True if you attacked him first...I don't blame him for retaliating. I go about it differently. Ambush me and I run through them...then kill you. If you play with the big boys expect them to play back. It's not always pretty.

12. The confusion here is in the language used.

A) Setting an ambush against a higher level player who otherwise would be unable to attack you DOES NOT open the retaliation window.

B) a triggered ambush against a higher level player whom you have already opened the retaliation window for, WILL keep that window open longer.

13. this still should NOT keep it open.unless its bugged out cause it never use to.

14. yes ...they would have to be 'left over' ambushes if they were to be sprung ...im sure that you cant just place random ambushes and that you get a message saying in order to set a ambush mobster such & such must of attacked you at least once in the previous 24 hrs

15. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

In order to setup an ambush, the player must have attacked you at least once in the past 24 hours.

Actions that contribute to your attack against count (keeps you in their rival list) include
    hitlist, punch, mass punch, triggered counter attack, triggered bounty trap, attack, vs attack

16. if someone has ambushes set against a higher level and the higher level hits those ambushes.does that restart the 24hr window?

17. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg New Member

yes the ambush counts as an attack by the lower player.

This is why some low level players are baffled as to how a higher level can keep attacking: "But I was only ambushing!" If the higher level trips them, the clock resets. The lower level still has to do something to open the attack window in the first place.

18. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

Yes it will.

19. sparkyvee

sparkyvee New Member

Sweet William

Hi,

This guy, Bill Rogers, has actually ADMITTED to using a BOT...he has been reported to Kano along with screenshot evidence of his admission, but so far nothing has been done about it...
    He was attacking a member of my group - one set was 117 attacks in 1 minute, and I am sorry, I don't care how quick you are with a mouse..that is near impossible!!

20. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Screenshots can be faked, though. And so much (fraudulent) reporting of accounts has been done that KANO wants to make certain that is IS wrong before banning.

Last edited: May 3, 2011