Need Clarity

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by RealPog, Oct 28, 2014.

1. RealPog

RealPog Member

THE latest addition to the health bar is not really well concieved as the builds most people achieved in 4 years as per the original rules and TOU have now changed so this is now a rather expensive TOY that was paid for that NO LONGER WORKS

how can you compensate THOSE that HAVE played by all the olde rules ?

you say its in an effort to ease ..play for players HOW ????

as it currently stands it hinders anyone who's spent their skill points in HEALTH as it balances anyone out who has not invested in health it gives them a bigger advantage without ever having to spend any SKILLS ON IT

why is the CURRENT need to rebalance the game to what end so that those that invested all skill points in attack now have the same advantage as those that invested in health ? and not just a ONE track pony ATTACK account.

at present the load out takes so much attacks when there buffered you have no occasion to beat a lesser NO DEF account
    as the mechanics is now a protection for them, yet PENALISES those that INVESTED time and SKILLS into having a build .

FOR too long ppl have waited PATIENTLY for all the KNOWN scripts to be dealt with and you seem to have used every other resource to make it more suited a game to play IF you use the scripts

DO you not value real players who can PLAY without several accounts running 24* 7 clearly violating TOU been that their shared accounts

or is that your new business model

shows us your scripts and you can use them on at LEAST 5 of your known alts

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    MigiziMenewa likes this.
  2. MigiziMenewa

MigiziMenewa New Member

I agree with the above post. This new health feature completely devalues all the efforts players have put in to building their character, it devalues health and plays into the hands of those with "cheats" or devices that allow rapid fire mouse clicks...With such capricious rule changes it begs to wonder the need to put much effort into any character qualities as neglecting a part of a player build can be easily overcome by a random rule change. And to any who might argue that the old system allowed players to ride for "too long" as if there is any such thing, at least when riding all players had an equal opportunity to win the bounty. With this new system the bounty goes to the cheat with the fastest device or the best "hack". I've rarely complained about game play but this is an insult to all the honest players who put in their time and efforts to playing by the rules in place when they joined the game. So much for rewarding hard work and fair play.:(

RealPog likes this.
  3. Calamero

Calamero New Member

I also agree with this. I paid for my toys with real money (£17,000 +) and it pisses me off big time when you (Kano) just change things to aid the freeloaders. (alts) Your only leaving one door open to us and pretty soon we Will EXIT through that door.
    I wonder if your parties will continue after the spenders leave ?...I bet your Staff are already seeking employment elsewhere...I would if I worked for you.
    The health bar is just another example of your continuous screw ups.
    Compensate us for your mistakes - It's not like your using real money as we have to...pffft. DILLIGAF.

RealPog and MigiziMenewa like this.
  4. MigiziMenewa

MigiziMenewa New Member

Hear, Hear!!!

RealPog likes this.
  5. RealPog

RealPog Member

well , problem being , if you don't PLAY the game as a developer you have no real idea of the mechanics of the game, least of all if you cannot get a handle on all the scripts and cheats

but pander to them, as they might stop and get tired of their behaviour . so far
    they have been rewarded for it

lots of other ways , to build a solid loyal base , not a loyal base of hackers who want to ruin a good thing

6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I agree. And on another topic, how is it that someone is offline, and then magically comes online every time that they get listed to list you? it's almost like they are notified somehow even though they are not actually in the game to see that they have been listed.

Kirsten and RealPog like this.
  7. RealPog

RealPog Member

amazing macros available at the moment...sent to kano.
    and have you noticed its only an entire FACTION that benefits AMAZING stuff

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That sucks. I'm one of the players that invested fairly heavily into health for a number of reasons. If I knew this change was coming, I could have allocated my points differently and made my mobster stronger in other areas. The power heal is useless to me. I get pounded on a daily basis, so why would I "power" heal, to get pounded on even more?

RealPog likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Ok I am not getting this, complaint, a weaker player with low health in my xp range is still weak when I attack them, I can just attack them longer, when they have power healed ,it also allows me to hit a High level boss without rehealing,but it doesn't make them( a weaker player with low health) stronger,depending on our health is how much power heal we all have, not every one had the same health to begin with, so the percentage is the same but it only raises it for that number . Am I wrong,cause this is what I am experiencing,

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Maybe against weaker players, but what about ones stronger than you are to begin with? All of the weaker ones are already in the hospital when I'm online. When weaker players see themselves getting pounded on day after day, this does not motivate them to stay in the game to learn what they need to do to make it more enjoyable. The games have been dominated by cliques of players that band together to the exclusion of everyone else. If you are not in one of the dominant "cliques", you won't have much success.

RealPog likes this.
  11. Kirsten

I am not in any cliques and I do just fine, and not everyone is a gangbanger or gangbanged, these games are not meant for everyone. Ya have to have a thick skin to withstand what goes on, I have many enemies in all the games, I just keep playing,they cannot stop me or cause me to not grow in the games. That only happens if you let it. I play to be strong, and usually am in my xp range, and sure there are a few stronger,but it is only a temporary problem . ;)

Jared likes this.
  12. RealPog

RealPog Member

its really about the players that balanced their game, their not lob sided and trying to play with a massive attack and no health to back it up.

now with the change it docent matter however little they allowed to their build KNAO takes care of them

the over all support to the post ( many won't come here) is that this is all about the coin ((($$$$))))) now
    kano only interest
    that and not protecting players that conform to the TOU .

13. Kirsten

How does "coin" come into play with Power heal, ya cannot buy health with "coin" which I assume you mean real money, trying to understand what you mean?? If someone did not add to health the power heal is only gonna heal them so far,if "YOU "have high health ,Your power heal is gonna take you further. And ,Yes a balanced build is something I strive for, sometimes I have to take a detour :( but I come back to it time and time again.

Jared likes this.
  14. Kirsten

He should be in soon they r on pacific time

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As far as I can determine there's at least two different topics in the original post, so I guess I'll tackle those in order.

First the Power Heal does not confer any benefits on the lower levels or anyone else if they haven't put the work in to get their Health up. The way the Power Heal works, which I explained in depth when I posted, is that it confers an additional buffer of Health on top of your current pool, which is influenced by your existing Skill Points that you've put into Health. More Skill Points in Health = more buffed Health. I'm not sure many low-level accounts would have put all their points into their Heal stat just to give them a massive Power Heal boost. Additionally, the Power Heal does not give any of the extra benefits that having high Health does, such as dealing out more damage during Fights or punching. I've been using Power Heal in two of my games and I get beat down just as fast as I used to. It's not something that makes accounts that did not put any work into Health suddenly unbeatable.

Secondly, Kano's Terms of Use have been more or less the same since this company was founded six years ago. No where along the line have we changed that to the degree that some people seem to think. Our position on alts, cheating, bots, what have you is always the same: the are not allowed to be used within the game. We do look at every report that is sent to us, and we take action. Is the action that we take always going to be the action that the person who send us the ticket wants us to take? Maybe, maybe not, but to say that we don't do anything or tacitly encourage it is patently false.

I'm in the forums and in the games every work day (and often on the weekend) and I see what people are saying. I understand it, and I know it's frustrating. We have an ever-evolving set of tools that help us determine when an account is breaking any guidelines but what we also have to work with is perception. What looks to one person as cheating or assisted play can be explained away with differences in Internet connection or any other number of factors. Is this a satisfying answer? No, probably not, but it is often the truth. Freezing is a tool that needs to be wielded delicately and should be used with precision to have the maximum effect possible. I don't envy Support in their jobs because it is tough, but they do a damn good job day in and day out.

I'm not sure what else you're looking for answer wise, but I believe that covers it.

kevinmalo and RealPog like this.
  16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying, mi7ch, and I appreciate Kano's efforts to keep the games as fair as possible. But how does this explain how someone that's offline comes online in a matter of minutes to list you after they have been listed? Dumb luck? Every single time? This has happened to me often enough with a handful of players that I'm starting to wonder. It's not a big deal, but it's annoying. It seems that some players have a "psychic" ability that most of us do not have, and cannot be explained away by chat groups, friends telling them, etc.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Kirsten

I also experienced similar experiences in the games, and also in a former game,where the person was at work all day,yet attacking me all day,and Later after the game was closed down,admitted she was using a script. Here in one of my games, within a min or two of healing I am attacked by a player who has gone thru counters at the speed of light I can barely keep up setting them and the player Never ever dies on a counter, in fact in another kano game a different player attacks to the point where 1,000 attacks can happen in a half hour, both I have tested a few times by healing and watching it unfold.

18. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

Poor mitch, i don't envy you at all ;) but i do appreciate your effort... the cheating just seems to be getting worse and it's obvious to us that play regularly... solutions are tough and as you said it's tough to ban some1 w/out solid proof... a cheater will always cheat they just come up w/ new ways to fool the system, so i'm not sure what the answers are at this point... but it is becoming frustrating to say the least...

AlterEgoT, RealPog and Kirsten like this.
  19. RealPog

RealPog Member

well they are getting better YES

always at the weekend , always able to MAGICALY jump back to life as Jared stated and to the people that are PLAYING its beyond anything thats humanly possible ITS Artificial Intelligence
    and its been used her to great advantage BY SOME.

now over several platforms ( yes checked out all the other forums)
    same complaints

same ... exact same , cheats and AI

NOTHING DONE
    to date
    at all, in fact they are openly using it to a positive advantage

fustrating dosent cover it.

Kirsten likes this.
  20. RealPog

RealPog Member

THANKS FOR THE DETAILED REPLY
    o_O
    I gather from the tenure that ...well were imagining this new plague on our accounts
    and its all in our heads
    lets see if we can dispel the plague that befalls us:D

As far as I can determine there's at least two different topics in the original post, so I guess I'll tackle those in order.

First the Power Heal does not confer any benefits on the lower levels or anyone else if they haven't put the work in to get their Health up.

EH SORRY , yes it does , it now takes 3 times as long to attack them to even the corner of their boost on average 15 attacks. where before ...with their NON health
    it took 4 attacks

maby you are adding an unfair advantage to their buffer OR ITS AI again

The way the Power Heal works, which I explained in depth when I posted, is that it confers an additional buffer of Health on top of your current pool, which is influenced by your existing Skill Points that you've put into Health. More Skill Points in Health = more buffed Health.

i KNOW all about the health i ran huge health since the get go adding SKILL points to it ....
    maby you'd care to explain how its NOT their advantage to be able to use it while trying to get a kill on the hitlist
    why ?
    should they be afforded this when...apparently to aid the boredom of healing on BOSSES
    why ?
    they now have a POSITIVE ADVANTAGE along with the AI they run
    because befoe this THEY DIED trying to get a kill

if they didn't have the necessary health to run several attacks
    WHY ?
    TO WHOM DOES THIS SERVE
    only ppl who NEVER invested skill points in HEALTH

you have just spread the health BOOSTE to all ....without the skills involved in GAINING IT

I'm not sure many low-level accounts would have put all their points into their Heal stat just to give them a massive Power Heal boost. Additionally, the Power Heal does not give any of the extra benefits that having high Health does, such as dealing out more damage during Fights or punching. I've been using Power Heal in two of my games and I get beat down just as fast as I used to.

It's not something that makes accounts that did not put any work into Health suddenly unbeatable.

ARE YOU PALYING ON FACEBOOK ZOMBIES because we are all involved in this and all find the exact opsite

Secondly, Kano's Terms of Use have been more or less the same since this company was founded six years ago. No where along the line have we changed that to the degree that some people seem to think.

We cannot imagine that a character that we have played for over 4 years SUDDENLY become useless
    impossible to gain a kill
    impossible to get a pk ....in fact you could never throw so many bad punches as has occurred since the health boost

Our position on alts, cheating, bots, what have you is always the same: the are not allowed to be used within the game.

ill bet one PERSON IS FULL TIME WORKING ON TICKETS

and yet your in denial ......this isn't the joke of the week and its not a river in EGYPT.

CLEARLY there is macros and AI been used , its blatantly obvious, there is no way an account 357 days olde at l 2000 can attack the NO 1 Player 18 times in 7 seconds
    and not die trying....

again ill ask you have you played the game lately , in REAL TIME
    because we have screenshots of these miraculous achievements ....from your server that cannot even keep up with the GAMEPLAY as it happens. once the said AI is attacking you ...the game server cannot keep up, even to let you heal that PREVIOUSLY was not an issue .

nothing wrong with my internet
    my computor all 2014 and amazing
    or my character till you CHANGED THE GAME PLAY

We do look at every report that is sent to us, and we take action.

Facebook total of bans to date 50 , sorry if thats not giving any confidence
    we can tell ......who's creating they give themselves away

and no other ppl coming from other games ,,, most are non plussed by FACEBOOK players and if they don't hit a click LEAVE
    so the RAFT of newbies all suddenly KNOWING ABOUT 2000 CONSECUTIVE FIGHTS AND GETTING 15000 ATTACKS IN ....IN less than 3 days or achieving all the ,,,,,achievements for boos kills ...sorry but your game advice dosnet lend itself to that miraculous .....gameplay

Is the action that we take always going to be the action that the person who send us the ticket wants us to take? Maybe, maybe not, but to say that we don't do anything or tacitly encourage it is patently false.

your support is all about isolation
    hence no one really uses it

72 hrs to a reply , add another 2 days if you send anything IN AT THE WEEKEND
    and hey ho
    sorry our server docent cover that
    well try catch them out again .....despite screenshots

,mmmmmm MITCH anyone can see where thats going

fundamentally your not taking care of real players

I'm in the forums and in the games every work day (and often on the weekend) and I see what people are saying.

IM sure when you got the job weekends were there ....as part of the contract

odd the most BLATENT abuse then occurs over the weekend
    and none of the developers see it ????

really ??????

I understand it, and I know it's frustrating.
    THANKS

We have an ever-evolving set of tools that help us determine when an account is breaking any guidelines but what we also have to work with is perception.

WHERE are they because as its PERCEIVED to the players ....its A OK to run with whatever available script is around and go forth and prosper

till they catch us

What looks to one person as cheating or assisted play can be explained away with differences in Internet connection or any other number of factors.

Is this a satisfying answer?
    WAIT FOR IT..
    No, probably not,

(.3 ppl working one browser IS NOT ROCKET science .... its a fact they brag about it but it is often the truth.)
    Freezing is a tool that needs to be wielded delicately and should be used with precision to have the maximum effect possible.

I don't envy Support in their jobs because it is tough, but they do a damn good job day in and day out.

THEN let us see it HAPPEN....because a STOCK ANSWER ( COPY AND PASTE )
    IS NOT HARD WORK
    its boring
    but its not hard work I PITY anneka and melainie.

trying to get a point threw to YOU MITCH
    is as HARD WORK as it gets

check out the latest MAU for the game
    2000 gone in a month

and you don't think thats not telling you something

I'm not sure what else you're looking for answer wise, but I believe that covers it.