Myspace World Boss Feed?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Das liebe Beil, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Right. I said this already, but it can't be said often enough. But in the end, everyone is biased one way or another. More lenient to people he/she knows well for a long time and less lenient with people he/she doesn't know or who are bitter rivals.

2. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I think a 3 day Mute suspension is sufficient for a 1st & 2nd time offense under the new "program" when it starts.

7 days for a 3rd - 9th offense - only because there may be learning curves as to what is acceptable & not. Hopefully a player will have "gotten it" by then. But you never know.

15 days for 10th offense

After that I vote for 30 days at a time..

I'm sure Kano has it all worked out already anyway :)

All in all I find it very sad that the devs have to spend their time creating a "language free" zone for players to chat in when time could be spent else where, but it is what it is & I look forward to this positive change.

3. Now I think the majority of players agree with you on that statement Vampryss - That devs spend the time elsewhere - But the chat room is important for many reasons - not just to chat/fun element - The players /Devs need to get the point across to the few that can sometimes think that what they say is acceptable -No one wants the verbal Bully & I believe that the New Chat Room will irradicate that. Thanks again

4. Hi Raforta you are right ..
    Kano did not waste any extra time but they will work on excellent communication idea ..
    and this game is international online game so new chat room is all about connect players and make this apps more interesting !!!
    :)
    before was just world boss feed and only some know that can be use to chat other players...
    and there was no chat room on Viking Clan before.. chat room 4 friends and non friends !!

[​IMG]

5. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

I agree with you on most items..

I like the idea of a mute (report) button, however I am somewhat leery of false reports (similiar to "report a player"). This can, and will be abused if not for sometype of filtering system, like Kendall mentioned.

I still believe a moderator on the feed would control the flow of the feed. We need a physical person in there, not just "auto" systems. Not 24/7 and not babysitting, but just knowing someone "might" be there, speaks volumes.

I like the idea of suspending a player, however, I think a 3-strike and you're out-for-good option might prove a point. Again, legitimate reports.

I do agree 110%, that it's sad that Kano has to take this time monitoring the feed, and even the forums, where that time could be used on developing a better game. I think we can all agree, this would ultimately make everyone happier.

6. chat abuse ...

If there will be mute (report) button .. that will get abused by players who have lots 2nd acct';s !!! its good idea to have report button ..and when you click >> that send content of players comment that is abusive .. also will send profile link's from player who complain and abuser ..
    If there will be chat moderator .. will be good if that person dont play Viking Clan him self !!
    other way moderator who play VC and do chat feed control will try protect his friends/guild members or clan members lol so VC Chat have professional moderator :)

about chat abuse on world boss feed ..
    Im sure Raforta remember when some top player were on boss feed and we all have talk about to keep world boss feed clean .. so its just a game and no need go personal and call other players names .. also we talk about clean battle smack talk .. so we agree that battle smack talk will be some like this , : that i kill this guy .. or this guy is hiding .. or lets axe slap this guy .. << and no name calling just business talk !!

well one night we have fun on battle smack talk But some players just started call me names and other players :( the same player from top players who did agree about clean chanting after long talk with other top players !!!

also abuse will get bigger when you respond drama or chat abuser ..
    so im my self learn to just ignore abuser - but if i do resound to his comment i will talk about battle and not use bad language back to chat abuser !! or i will use new system report button :)

7. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I'm not suggesting players press a Mute/Report link. What I'm suggesting is that KANO do the Muting on the back end when reports regarding language are made etc.

Things like this should never be left in players hands to moderate or control.

There's no need to dredge up past issues or conversations with the old boss feed at this point since a plan of action is already in place & something is coming out soon.

Let's be patient & see how it works out. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member

Well, Kano can just have a blacklist of words that cannot be used. If a person types that word it will be omitted.

Just like you cannot have your guild tag be "Kano" nor can the name be "Kano"...

9. seth the chef

seth the chef Member

I think it shuld be done in a way similar to what playdom did in mobsters. First offense, verified by their admins, they issue a warning about your language/conduct. Second time they mute your account for 3 days. Third time they mute you for 7 days, fourth is 10 days and fifth offense they mute your account indefinately. Its not exactly a perfect system because most people on that game have multiple accounts, but after several of them are muted it does get a point across.

10. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

they may need a multiple chat room set up .

one rated g - for any aged player . there are kids playing vc . some quite young . no cussing or sexual talk . just game chat .

one rated r - for let's say 18+ . anything goes except heavy cussing .

anyone wanting an x - rated room could sign up with paltalk or a like site . or kano could start one . anything goes .

any moderator would have to be a non-player otherwise there will be bias . human nature . but we need a human overseeing the room who can read the entire stream for context .

i would also have liked to be able to scroll down and see the stream especially for those occasions when the add me people knock a conversation off the page .

11. i see that abuse still going on and some players still call other players names on other player boss feed and some players change they name avatar name to abuse they enemy guild name !!
    If any one still have problem with other players abusing clean game play Report here : http://kanoapps.com/index.php/contact

12. I saw that Player also Para, who changed their name to something really childish and disgusting, Must be 12 yr olds playing in that guild.hehe... There's no reason for that kind of stuff to be going on, its sad, really sad that one guild has to do things like that isnt it?.
    I wont list the players name here, but Kano will catch them I'm sure.hehe

13. Wow I see Kano already changed that Vikings name!! Good job Kano. Thank you and maybe after wasting 20 favor points people will think about their name a little more.hehe

14. theyre not the only one with a name targeted at another player(s) or guild

15. Yea i see his that player change back the same name after Kano remove his abuse name..
    Kano should make name change 50 Favor points LOL
    player will think twice to spend twice after Kano remove his abuse name of player /guild ..
    Just like Vampryss said Kano will spend more time on players like that abuser and we will not see the last Boss to come out ever ..!!

16. his name is not the exact same.its been altered

17. Its the same words, just rearranged. Its pathetic, and its offensive, why waste time and favor points? Not mine, I would never be so childish as this player is or someone else that has my first name initial and 2 other players first name initials for their name, people who do that must not have a job or enough to do.lol

18. the way its arranged this time is not offensive in anyway.its not even the same spelling as that........

oh and far as this

can you actually PROVE your case on this one.cause last i checked if you have 3 random letters that spell nothing at all its not offensive.

19. em where did i say it was me?so whos the paranoid one

20. Its all good ..
    As long that player got a toy to play and its better than his/her crying drama .. :D