Myspace World Boss Feed?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Das liebe Beil, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I have seen that the World Boss feed has vanished from myspace Zombie Slayer and Viking Clan.

I think this is rather sad.

It was a great opportunity to chat with people not in our clan, and when some of the more vocal/annoying (pick what you think is appropriate) people were not there, you could have a wonderful discussion there. Yes, even downright philosophical discussions were possible.

I greatly enjoyed this opportunity.

I could go there to find a battle Partner, talk to friends/foes/neutral players, brag about achievements or bounty kills or asking for forgiveness from a killed person or I could work on my Bounty Achievement and bounty anyone writing "add me" there.

It was a wonderful thing and I miss it. Now I want to know if there will be a World Boss Feed again or if we have lost it thanks to the actions of some people.

2. I fully agree with this thread - the majority of the time could be spent by many players discussing or sharing info - why should we as the majority players be penalised by the actions of a few who chose to voice their opinions there instead of direct to Kano or Forum for answers to their 'situation'. Lets see the notes back as soon as possible please

It was a wonderful thing and I miss it. Now I want to know if there will be a World Boss Feed again or if we have lost it thanks to the actions of some people.

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I am currently working on a new Boss Chat feature that will have better filtering / banning capabilities than the old version.

The project is currently about a week out, unfortunately it is true that a few can ruin something for all but the good news is that it will be back better than ever so stay tuned, it will be back.

4. Das liebe Beil

Now that are really great news! Thank you for your fast response.

I can't wait to haunt the "add me" people again.

5. Fantastic News!!! - I thank you for your response to this Kendal - much appreciated - should you need anyone to moderate it - let me know!! lmao!

6. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

LOL@Raforta. I guess the question is.. can you moderate yourself, lol. The potential of a feed for everyone should be used for suggestions, adds, and just chatting (friends or enemies).. and the occasional @#$% is fine too. The abuse of it was sad. Definitely good news tho..

7. Gee Thanks for the vote of confidence Eric....(Lol) I was kidding!! Oh and by the way...in answer to the posted question - Yes I can when needed!!! lol - thanks again guys:)

8. Love it

Thanks for good news !!! looking forward to see chat feed to be on watch by Odin of Viking Chat ;)

is there will be like a poke option to chat member..? so player lose some health points for talking nonsense !! :D
    ( poke can be done only from chat and person who poke other person will not be on his rivals list )

and about new chat moderator person .. is there will be some like quick report and post copy of comment of one who abuse chat ?

Thanks for Heads up Kano :)

9. Das liebe Beil

Eric, best idea would be to make Raforta, Tammy, Wendy and Jillian Moderators.

Oh, and me. Raforta instated me as the Official Poltergeist of the World Boss Feed. I will haunt Viking Clan forever. Muhahahaha!!!!!

10. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

In all honesty, I think Vampryss is an exceptional moderator (on forums only). I think having a moderator(s) on the in-game feeds would be wise too (I think not having one there was a big problem).
    For the record, I am NOT a moderator, nor do I want to be one, lol.

11. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

I agree Jack, lose health and gold for talking nonsense, lol.

12. Das liebe Beil

I was kidding with the 4 ladies, no sane man would dare enter the World Boss Feed when they get going. lol

I too think that Vampryss would do a good job. We need neutral persons as moderators. And definitely a ban function for those stepping out of line. (I wonder if killing every "add me" person would be considered crossing the line. lol)

Eric, for the Record, I think you would make a good moderator there. You don't want this post, therefore I think you wouldn't abuse it. And you can keep a level head. And I can understand you, I wouldn't want this post either. I mean I was forced to take the post of Class Rep once, it sure sucks to have such a post. And almost the whole class hated me, but they still elected me. I still wonder if this was their revenge. And I still don't know who suggested me.

13. Das liebe Beil

You can't do this to Quicksand! He will never manage to stay alive for more than 5 seconds and his gold bleeds dry in less than a minute. loooooooooooooooooool

14. I think Para came up with an excellant idea when we discussed this on feed - If someone crosses the line or abuses the feed in any way - the moderator deals directly with the person to warn them - The next time he/she crosses the line his/her account is frozen - I think then the point would get across.

15. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I think Muting a player from making any comments or sending msgs in game would be a better option rather than freezing game play for the feed issue. This would include Muting any and all messaging, in all feeds, guilds & inbox.

16. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That's a great suggestion and a good indication of what we plan to release.

17. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Excellent news!.. Zipped lips speaks volumes.. :)

18. how about not freezing player and but put that player on constant healing for 1 hour or two
    ... so other players can kick his bat and teach some good manners :D

19. Das liebe Beil

Only if he can't counter. lol Endless leveling of some fool. Sounds really good. :D
    I think some people would learn really fast then. Well, maybe ... hopefully ... no, they won't learn.

Muting someone is a good idea, just for how long is the Question. I personally would say between 1 day and 1 week, considering how abusive the comment was. Or in an extreme case 1 month. But this is only my suggestion.

And I think there should still be an option of freezing a repeated offender.

20. It should be someone unbiased.........