[All] make length of arena def. stance more proportionate to length of arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Sep 23, 2013.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

wonder how many more players will leave the game if your changes go through.

after all kano made changes for the better...yours pimp are just asking for players to leave.

kano has made questionable changes no doubt..but adding the slider and keeping defense time untouched was for the better.

scaling back even 1 second of d time is just askin players to quit or at very least not enter the arena and would want there skills reallocated.

cant think of the greed for the few for the loss of the many we would lose if d time was scaled down in any way.

2. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Hi Kurai,

TP, likes to make comments like this >>> "last pc kps2 arena the highest levels not on our team rode it out in d mode for there earned hours." but avoids saying that we didn't just "ride it out" but rather actually engaged in the arena until his "team" discovered who we were.

IMO, attacking and taking out as many pirates as you possibly can and then going in to defense mode when you know you can't withstand multiple attacks IS a strategy. Expecting to ride out an arena in defense mode without engaging isn't. 10 stars from me.

My stats in the last BA;

Attacks 6,977
    Kills 13

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

never said ya didnt play

all that was said is that the higher levels not on our team rode out there defense time to its fullest hoping for a good rank.

13th aint to bad really...but nice the other 2 fell out in reward bracket as if they had no attacks.

but yeah never said ya didnt fight in there..just said you rode out your d time.

thank you for getting 13 kills though..gave us more exp out of you.

if this went through you d time would be so cut back you wouldnt get that high a rank again.

4. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Actually, if this goes through it will open up our ability to get in more attacks/kills before being discovered by your "team" which will up our advantage on possibly placing higher in rank.

And I would be amiss if I didn't thank you for attacking me while in defense mode. I get more experience out of you ;-)

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

we get lots of exp out of you :) so keep getting last minute dying kills...helps us out more than youll ever know.

and the more kills you get the higher your health is the more exp we get out of you...lol.

6. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

My Dear TP,

As hard as I know it is for you to stay on topic, please do so.

10 Stars from me.

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

we are on topic.

everything mentioned was bout d mode.

8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Are u talking about my opening remarks in the thread I created? Yeah...Ide say they were pretty relevant to my thread considering thats what the thread was about and why it was created.

Your opinion on the subject is valued, please just keep it on topic. TY

9. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

so lowering the time of the arena so that only the dmode players have the best advantage is completely fair to everyone? lol give me a break dude....how you gonna sit there and talk about whats not fair when changing it from what it was to what it is now only favors defensive styled players? what a f**king joke xD

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

no one said lower the time of the arena.....

that can still run for 3 days..i dont see anywhere that being mentioned.

keeping the defense time as it currently is is what this thread is about.

please stay on topic.

11. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

please, stay original and stop trying to be polish xD i never said anyone mentioned lowering the arena time there frodo, as you well know, the arena time WAS lowered when the slider bar was added...so yeah, im ON topic....so please, dont ignore the actual post when you have no retort. love, peace and hairgrease

12. polishpimp

Stay on topic please.

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Lets stay on topic.

lets keep defense time the way it currently is.

after all defense mode was setup the way it was for a reason.

to scale it back is throwing off the balance and asking players to quit.

14. polishpimp

Reducing time in defensive stance would not affect the balance of anything other than to make the arena more fair for all types of builds. Defensive mode was set the way it is was before there was a slider and the arena worked fine, So scaling it back would just bring the arena back to the point where there was much more balance.

"Asking players to quit"? The Kanoplay PC arena has steadily declined in player participation since the attack slider was introduced and defensive stance was not scaled back to be more proportionate with the length of the arena as it once was. The last KP/VC arena hit an all time low with only 145 participants. I would argue that the imbalance and the unearned advantage given to defensive builds is directly responsible for this. I believe that players are getting discouraged by the fact that they cant play the arena as it was originally intended and they are refusing to participate because of its current state of imbalance.

15. ben

ben Active Member

i dont no where you can really say that...for we also no there has been alot of bands on kanoplay server2...so i see that for the biggest reason for the drop in ba...

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

The reason for the drop in players is that they are reading all these ridulous ideas your coming up with and its scaring them from entering.

The sooner a official answer is given the sooner this issue can get dropped for good.

17. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

PeterDanger
    Attacks 114
    Kills 0
    Wins 221
    Losses 270
    Biggest Attack 1,834,456 damage

play
    Attacks 459
    Kills 0
    Wins 341
    Losses 378
    Biggest Attack 1,659,499 damage

SgtPepper
    Attacks 1,051
    Kills 0
    Wins 484
    Losses 391
    Biggest Attack 1,367,032 damage

YoUrUnDeRTaKeR
    Attacks 474
    Kills 1
    Wins 407
    Losses 316
    Biggest Attack 2,582,293 damage

(this one actually was online the entire time in defense from the start but waited until the end when defense rand up to attack. Also his 1 kill was someone suiciding on him)

RomeoMustDie
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 206
    Losses 266
    Biggest Attack 1,912,972 damage

ThisIsntMeech
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 168
    Losses 295
    Biggest Attack 1,682,931 damage

MaKeUpYoUrMiNd
    Attacks 1
    Kills 0
    Wins 98
    Losses 279
    Biggest Attack 1,158,673 damage

ItAllFades
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 111
    Losses 223
    Biggest Attack 1,192,895 damage

boof
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 116
    Losses 383
    Biggest Attack 918,109 damage

EpIcFaiLuRe
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 72
    Losses 199
    Biggest Attack 1,247,929 damage

DrNo
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 98
    Losses 207
    Biggest Attack 1,405,914 damage

SlenderWoman
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 50
    Losses 156
    Biggest Attack 1,292,312 damage

I believe I've listed more than enough reasons why defense should be readjusted. Before the switch to 3 stamina power attacks they arena would last much longer and these inactive accounts wouldn't overshadow all the actives by simply riding defense mode for 2 hours. If you're going to adjust the offense, you HAVE to adjust the defense. I also could've listed much more, but I'm not going to go past the top 20...

Edit: The ones you see with attacks didn't have attacks until their defense time ran out except for "play" and "pepper". The others simply waiting out their defense time then attacked when it was up.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Why is it all about adjust defense? Take the slider away, problem solved.

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Lets leave the slider at 3 and also keep defense time as it currently is.

Better yet...Kano PLEASE give a answer if your going to screw those that worked on defense to get there time up or if d time will be left alone.

Please give a answer if your going to screw players by removing the slider or if your leaving it as is.

Please give a answer if your going to keep everything as is.

20. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

We both know that the VAST number of players don't ever go to the forums. You know that the forums track views of topics, right? Let's not say silly things.