Loyalty reward of daily gamer points

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by Gunny from PC, May 28, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The developers are interested in looking at some different ways of possibly putting a similar idea into place in the game, so we're going to work up something in house. For now I'm moving it to not considering. Sorry folks, but good job and as consolation you've pointed us in this direction. :)

Gunny from PC likes this.
  2. ben

ben Active Member

thank you very much ...

3. Yet another well considered and thought-out solution by both Gunny and Polish. Too bad is seems to be going no where. Waaaay back when the guilds were fairly new I asked that officers be allowed to somehow get daily points for a maximum of five members a week but this idea is even better. Come on Kano, please reconsider this. Running a full guild of real people is a full-time job! Exactly why we decided to stop the madness after months/years? of first place trophies. It was a LOT of work!

polishpimp and Gunny from PC like this.
  4. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Thank you, mi7ch. At least we are headed in the right direction.

For the record, this idea is not about anyone being "lazy". Only a small mind would think that "loyal" players are "lazy". This IS about deterring others from feeling they have to give up their login information just to appease "some" leaders who demand they do their points regardless of their reason for not being able to do so. Why risk your account being banned for power trippers or be concerned that if you do miss points you will face consequences? Finally, this IS about relieving the guilt that some may feel for letting their armada down if it wasn't possible for them to get their points and trust me, only a "LOYAL" player would feel this way.

We look forward to what idea the developers come up with and thank you, again for rewarding "LOYAL" players.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Consolation...is it bad joke Friday again so soon? I havent seen an idea with this much overwhelming support by different members in quite some time. Personally i think it would be nice to have an explanation as to why (ye olde transparency thing). As far as being pointed in the right direction..... not to be an ass but that has almost never worked out well for us players in the past. Way to often some funkified update gets rolled out, credited to some member yet its barely even a shell of the original idea and we get told how bitchin you guys are. Does that sound harsh? Not tryn to be...just keepn it real

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Well if we're all "being real" I suppose I should return the favor. The developers and I are certainly aware of how much community support this idea has, but at the end of the day we are trying to get people to play our games and creating a mechanic that is essentially the reverse of that kind of runs counter to our intentions.

However, since there is such a groundswell of community interest around this, we're looking into alternatives instead of giving a definitive no because of the aforementioned reason. We understand that people have lives outside of the games.

In the interest of fairness though, when this idea does eventually come out in whatever form in ends up being, I promise I won't run around screaming about how bitchin' we all are. ;)

polishpimp likes this.
  7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No "groundswell" support for this idea here , I agree that the idea is for people to play everyday, Life happens , people just have to decide which is more important.

8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

LOL...TYVM Kind sir!

9. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

its to bad Kano feels they have to adjust this idea in any way. I feel it is perfect the way it is and it would actually help active players who feel they get shafted because of an emergency in real life. as was stated tho the power tripping leaders of certain guilds are against this so Kano is going to adjust this idea to please them..this is my opinion thank you

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I don't really care about this one way or the other. I technically missed a day once because I didn't log in after 3 pm EST one day, and all of my daily rewards reset even I logged on that morning. It hasn't impacted my game overall, though. It would be nice for those of us that have played for 3 years or more to be able to earn a pass on gps every once in a while to reward player loyalty. If it doesn't happen, then oh well.

11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I am in no power tripping guild/armada/etc and I doubt Kano would do anything to please me , you or some "power tripping" leaders of any group, but I am fine with the way it is , and will be happy with it just the way it is, having said that just cause "I" like it , it probably will change, the way my luck goes o_O