Little known formulas

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by James Kuka, Feb 3, 2014.

1. James Kuka

James Kuka New Member

Hi,

I'm looking to create a build that focuses predominantly on serial attacking/bounty hunting. I have been allocating a large portion of my skill points towards attack and health.

I have searched the knowledge base and also the forum but I can't seem to find an exact formula that shows how skill points allocated in attack or defense actually work in a standard fight. I've played similar games in the past and usually it's the attack/defense points multiplied by the number of fighters in addition to the items brought to the fight. But I'm more interested to know how they work in isolation before I potentially over-invest in this area.

Is there a known formula as to how this works? The "LCN - Character Attributes" page was quite general and vague on this issue. Perhaps I'm in the wrong section? (Linda)

Any information would be kindly appreciated. Thank you!

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

KANO won't give up the Algorithm, but basically health and attack is going to get you in the general direction your wanting to go, but there is the other obvious things of drops and loadout items as well.

3. James Kuka

James Kuka New Member

Oh... So we have to eyeball it or hazard a guess? This is not very good transparency or accountability and I can't even think of a reason why this would be considered sensitive information. Several competing applications make this information publicly available.

This is by and large a fighting game. KANO needs to consider how their players can make the best possible decisions around how to build a character - be it a defender, attacker a hybrid mix etc. From what I can see you only get one character and screwing up skill point placements can render players' accounts useless in certain situations (even unsalvageable).

If that is true then I have to say I am seriously disappointed and would like a forum admin to explain why this is the case as I have several other questions around this issue that are not covered in the knowledge base.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well you can submit a ticket to KANO, but I guarantee you will get less advice than I just gave. As for competing app's they are not KANO. Live and learn from how you choose to play best advice I can give you, cheers.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

IMO ya don't need any formula to play these games, none in the least, just figure it out by playing . It is not rocket science.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There is no exact formula that's publicly available, the information in the Knowledgebase and in-game Help is what people have been building their accounts off of since the games launched way back when.

True, some other apps and games make this information available, but that's because those games are built and balanced differently than Kano's games. Unless you build your character completely lop-sided, you can always recover later on by allocating points elsewhere. A Health/Attack heavy build is fine, but don't forget a little Defense as well as Energy and Stamina.

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Sounds like ya already got the basics all figured out. What fun would it be to have a blueprint to success in any category? Figuring it out and overcoming some mistakes/obstacles along the way is half the fun. If kano published blueprints for every type of build how boring would it be to have most accounts built the exact same way....what would separate one player from another other than money put into it? In the end its all about personal decisions we make as individual players...its what keeps things interesting. If someone changes their mind or realizes theyve made drastic mistakes they can either start over like others have or they can simply be patient and start allocating differently until their objective has been achieved. Unless one is an uber high level its easy peasy to level up and correct allocation mistakes.

8. James Kuka

James Kuka New Member

OK thanks for those responses. I have just a couple more questions regarding attack/defense skill points. I'm not really sure if it's within the scope of information that you can release but I will ask anyway. Is 1 attack point equal to 1 defense point? Or does one have a slight advantage over the other?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014