[All] Limit number of raids people can join

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Aapje, Feb 1, 2015.

?

Should there be a limit on the number of raids that people can join at a time

Poll closed Feb 15, 2015.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  3. Other...explained in a comment

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

One of big issues with raids is that griefers and leechers can just join a ton of raids and then:
    • Kill the raid party
    • Hog a spot and never do minimum actions
    • Only do the minimum and then just stop
    By limiting the number of raids a player can join at a time, players will have to focus on those bosses more. It also reduces the negative impacts that griefers & leechers have, since they can only hurt a few raids. Something like 5 raids at a time seems like a decent number, but the exact number will of course be a compromise between concerns. A lower limit reduces the impact of griefers and leechers. A higher limit is better for top players that want to level with raids.

2. Reefer

Reefer Active Member

No limits, I personally collect all raid items on PC and VC. It would also hurt the sales of favors.

Justin the killer likes this.
  3. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

So if I join 5 raids in the beginning, I will be locked out the rest of the raid season, if I were so unlucky as to join raids, where the owner does not share them with the rest. This is a No :)

QuietStorm11, George Burd and Aapje like this.
  4. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

That is a good point, you should be able to leave raids if they implement this.

George Burd likes this.
  5. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I agree, something has got to be done, I believe in tough love wipe aboss twice ban the account works for me too lol

6. Bocce

Bocce Member

I have asked before to be able to delete a player from your raid boss who is not contributing. Not sure I can justify limiting people to x bosses.

7. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Not a limit on how many you can join but there should be a limit as to the amount of Raids per year. "Raid season." Nice term. That season should only come around a few times a year if that.

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I like this idea

9. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

skip raid bosses totally they suck

Kirsten likes this.
  10. James Wright

James Wright Member

Yep, they suck stamina and stamina = dollars!

11. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I say 10 raid limit at any given time when one is defeated you may join another

12. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

this will hurt kano's pocket... so i guess they wont be considering it ;)

13. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Im voting yes on raid limits. What number maybe 30 to 50 somewhere in between there. A lot of players this time around out of spite of one another all armadas not just going to single out some literally rooster blocked haha can't say the other word :eek: one another just to prevent others from being able to join a raid. Remember there is only 10 spots in a category and for the higher level players doing this and jumping on bosses and not doing anything else except killing raid parties and so forth needs to be stopped. So if a raid limit needs to be enforced i would say no less then 30 no more then 50 in a raid event.

Kirsten and George Burd like this.
  14. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

gets my vote ;) too many events, lets play the game :p

Aapje and Old Salt like this.
  15. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

no on a limit just because a lot of legitimate players enjoy joining many Raids...

16. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Exactly. :cool:

RainSunGone and Kirsten like this.
  17. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

25 total sounds good on for every armada member

18. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

i dont wanna put total limit on them, making 10 at any given time would force others to help kill one if they want more rewards this way they wont sit back and wait it out, they would have to help kill them if they want more.

George Burd likes this.
  19. Should we next limit boss helps and number of kills per day on the hitlist? Some play more than others. Let those that want to keep helping. The slackers and constant raid perishers were self policed by the players. A limit is not a good idea in my opinion.

Lasinagol and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  20. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I've been told that there is a limit on boss helps, actually.

But the difference between your examples and raid bosses is that you can't really grief people by hitting a boss just a little and not pulling your weight. Or regenerating it. If raid bosses were changed so that there would be little to no griefing, then I would agree with you.

George Burd likes this.