[VC] Kano's raid boss error

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jillian Thyra Johansson, Jan 28, 2016.

1. The Raid Event that was supposed to run on Thursday, Jan 28 opened a bit early. We'll be closing it down, but all Bosses opened and keys earned will remain for the players who have already accessed them. Raids will resume as usual tomorrow morning at 9 am.

Wed Jan 27 9:31

Okay, Kano, mind explaining how this "fix" of yours is evenly REMOTELY fair???? Just because my enemy may have gotten lucky and started a raid boss early, he gets to keep it and kill it before I even get to start one? That is NOT an equitable solution and you know it! If they started a raid boss early, freezing it and allowing it to be played at the proper time when every one else gets to play theirs was the only fair thing to do. Then again, I haven't noticed any fairness from Kano in months, if not years. What happened to you guys? Did your egos just overrun your brains?

And just how is someone supposed to report a cheater in...say, PC.....when they can't even get a support account? Conveniently enough, I can't even report that I can't make a report cuz I can't get a support account! I've tried reporting that to one of your employees more than once with no solution offered, so I'll just put it here too while I'm at it.

And another thing. Why are people's pictures disappearing from the game, their avatars, and not returning as they used to do after a few days?

I'm sure there are many more things to report here, since I can't contact support, but they'll have to wait a bit. I wasn't exactly planning to write to you in the middle of my night until I saw your ridiculous "news" post regarding the unfair resolution of your screw up that allows some people an unfair advantage over others.

2. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

I don't see the problem here. Kano made a mistake so what. And some people saw the raid bosses and just did what they usualy do, open them and play. You can't blame them for doing that. They spend the time, energy and stamina so you can't take that away from them. Freezing is an option but that just means they will finish it one day later, not worth spending developer time in doing that. And yes, maybe your 'enemy' will have one more raid boss drop, big deal.
    I remember the last time they tried to correct a token problem with wars by reversing everyone's gameplay who had a little advantage and it was a big mess.
    So in my opinion this was the right thing to do, correct the mistake and leave everyting as it is. It's not the players fault so no need to punish them.
    And no, I did't get in those early bosses. I saw them in job feed but didn't join.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

I fail to see why but that's just my opinion.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There are two sides to this coin: if we had left it open a day earlier and then closed it earlier than normal then there would be people who were understandably upset that we ran the Raid Event early without prior notice and that they missed a day. The Raid Event was scheduled and announced to start at 9 am on January 28, so we would be doing a disservice to those who were not or chose not to be on because of the announced date.

The Raid Event did go up accidentally and that is 100% on us. I'll be working with the developers to make sure this never happens again because it is not a fun situation for anyone.

The Raid Event was only open for a half hour and while there were some Bosses opened during that time, we did run a check to see how many were opened and in reality it wasn't that many. While it wasn't the best solution, people did spend Stamina and Energy to open those Bosses and get the keys so if we had revoked that progress that would have been a huge problem.

Some people may have gotten into a Boss slightly earlier, but that number is fairly low and everyone will be able to get in on one today with no issues. It was not the perfect solution, but it was the best one we picked at the time. You can never please everyone and some of the alternatives could have been worse.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

Lost all the collect options from the previous Raid start.. Wth is going on??? Completely mess!!

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

What do you mean by collect options? Keys? Rewards from Bosses?

7. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

Some of the earlier raids are appearing as expired.. ones that have finished I cannot collect on.. Says Collect your boss rewards
    in the Raid Boss section! but missing from there... others in progress missing from that section as well

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for clarifying, I'm asking the devs about this right now. Could you also private message me your game link? They might end up needing that.

9. Petera

Petera New Member

Same experience here. The Raid Boss I joined ealier today (before the re-start) has disappeared
    The "game link" you're asking for, Mitch - is that the link to one's profile?

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes your profile link

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Correct, please send it to me in a private message. :)

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Update: Investigation has identified the most likely cause of the issue, and we are working towards a solution. I'll keep you posted as this progresses. :)

13. harry

harry New Member

Same issue have completed raids that cannot collect on

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We just pushed a fix for this, please refresh your Raids tab and tell me what you see @Lawskar @Petera @harry

15. Petera

Petera New Member

I see the Raid Boss, I was missing - thanks!

mi7ch likes this.
  16. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

Hey, Mi7ch. I joined one of the raid bosses that was started early. I did well over 10k attacks in that time (it must have been more that 30 minutes, a lot more). Now that boss is gone. I briefly as expired/fail but when i refreshed its gone complety. It was the only boss i planned to do so i put all i had into it. Would be nice to get an update on this. Or should i just contact support?

17. Alice Prospero

And *Boom* its there again. I don't know what happened between my first and second post but the raid is back now. Cheers.

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You must have tried to access the Raid between our fixes, but glad to hear it's all working now. :)

19. Alice Prospero

All good. Thanks for your efforts, Mitch, you're doing a great job.

mi7ch likes this.
  20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks! Although the devs do deserve some credit for fixing it, even if they're the ones who broke it in the first place... :confused:

Alice Prospero, Kirsten and JADES like this.