Kano/Apps September Item Creation Contest Winners!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Sep 30, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

After much deliberation, the artists, myself and Aardvark have picked the winners for this round of the Item Creation contest. We received a ton of entries across all four games and picking the winner was very tough. Congratulations to the four winners, and you'll see their items in-game very soon!

Viking Clan
    @David The Viking took home the win here with his suggestion of an item based on "Push Me Pull You" from the Doctor Doolittle stories. You can read his full post here. While his item might not make it into the game exactly as he described, our artists were excited by the prospect of drawing such a creature.

Pirate Clan

@neill1990 came out on top with his epic tale of Captain Quack. While neill1990 suggested a full set, unfortunately our artists only have enough time in their workload to make one of his items, Captain Quack, into reality. You can read the full description of Captain Quack's journey here.

Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra

@RiskyB caught our attention with a unique entry in the form of Larry Longlegs, a large man who's "dumb as a box of rocks, but will travel short distances in a pinch". The idea of a man with a gigantic stride dressed in a pinstripe suit that fills a vehicle slot on your loadout amused us to no end. You can read the original post here.

Zombie Slayer

@kamikazeweasel was the winner here with his Saw Bat item. Unfortunately our recent forum update removed the image from his original idea here, but lucky for us kamikazeweasel made a real-life version of the item so you can see it in all its glory!

[​IMG]

2. RiskyB

RiskyB New Member

kamikazeweasel should patent the Saw Bat and put it on the market! It would be a big hit with the zombie apoc crowd.

kamikazeweasel likes this.
  3. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

Congrats every1, nice job :)

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Apizzle21

Apizzle21 Member

Damn you guys picked one of the worst ones for Mob Wars, not even one person liked it.

Krimson King and LoopyOne like this.
  5. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

And when will see the weapons available in game? What price and stats they will have?

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

They will be priced like normal Limited Items. Stats and availability are still up in the air.

7. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

I updated the original post so you can see the one I submitted too, Can't wait to get it in game!

8. LoopyOne

LoopyOne Member

Congrats to all the winners. I knew it wasn't gonna be picked by the people who actually "liked" the entries. Looking forward to seeing the new items in game

Krimson King likes this.
  9. Reefer

Reefer Active Member

Good job and congrats to the winners.

10. RiskyB

RiskyB New Member

Picture it.
    You're caught in the midst of a gang war on the streets without a piece and are about to get your skull smashed in by a rival. Beside you stands Larry Longlegs with the usual look of slack-mouthed uncertainty on his face.
    Unwilling to catch the beating that's just seconds away, you climb onto him, point in a direction and let the long strides deliver you from the fracas.
    It's hilarious.

Aardvark, kamikazeweasel and mi7ch like this.
  11. Apizzle21

Apizzle21 Member

How is Damn Dirty Ape not funny? or my cock block one? or my roofie one? no offense but everyone thought yours was a stupid one, even the boob shooter one was better. but congratulations.

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Everyone is kind of incorrect, given that we here at Kano chose that as the winner.

Sorry yours didn't win, but please resist the temptation to be a sore loser. :)

13. Reefer

Reefer Active Member

You should have these more often, you could even use some of the ideas that didn't make it as a winner. I say the prize should be you get your item free along with 2 others that will be released around the same time. Might keep some players happy and not be sore losers about it. I mean sure I would have liked the HAARP weapon or some of the others but, any new items is a + in my books.