July 7th- News (Skill Points, Att/Def, Legendary Items)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Couple things to mention:

1. We plan to roll out a change of 5 Skill Points per level and to increase personal Att/Def weighting in Battles.

Currently attack and defense points for your character are just added to your total clans attack and defense in battles, for fully loaded clans the characters attack and defense for majority of players probably won't play a large factor. The change that was made was to increase the value of the characters attack and defense, so basically the more attack and defense you add to your character the more you influence the increase in attack and defense of your clan.

We would roll the change out similar to how we did with Mob Wars:LCN, by increasing the skill points awarded per level to a larger # that would be applied to all users accounts for the previously completed levels. So say you are at level 1000 and we increase Skill Points per level from 3=>4, you would have 1000 skill points to put towards whatever you want.

We feel that this change would be beneficial for the following reasons:

-One of the biggest complaints we get for Kano Apps is that we only give 3 Skill Points instead of 5, majority of players see this as us being cheap and not worth playing even though it is a different game with a different level curve, etc. Making this change will help keep new players in the game.

-Higher level players will be better equipped to defend themselves against lower level players.

-This change has been requested in the past.

If you have feedback on this change contact us here.

2. Legendary Items:
    We just released the first of a series of legendary items for VC. As some may notice they are very pricey in initial cost and upkeep. But that being said there are some players that have very high income and we wanted to be careful not to create any major imbalances in the game. We will be monitoring the legendary items and adjusting as appropriate.

As always feedback and suggestions are always welcomed.

2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Are you increasing the skill points to 5 per level and when are you providing the retroactive 2 points per level? The post is not clear if its 1 or 2 points provided. Thank you.

3. Deb

Deb New Member

Eric,

Thank you for all the time you have worked on this; however, how does this help the top 10 players that were at 1700+ level when the new adventures and drops were introduced. The lower level layers got the better drops from adventures at the 850 level, which has shorted those of us at the top by ~1000 drops. Additionally, the legendary clan/weapon have no value to those at the top, who have been handicapped by the new changes. Help!

4. Griff

Griff Member

Right with you Deb! We shall forever be handicapped from those changes. Those legendary clan/weapons looked good at first till I did the math.

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The # of skill points per level has not yet been finalized, likely to be 5 but not 100% finalized. The points will be retroactive.

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes, the costs are really expensive. In short here is our reasoning that I added to another thread:

"Yes they are really expensive and we may have gone a little insane.

But here is our reasoning because this is new content at such a high level we did not want to release something that could create too much imbalance and from lessons learned on our part in the past players are usually happy when costs go down or att/def goes up but not the reverse.

We will likely consider lowering the price but want to get a feel from the players and check initial stats. We want these items to be costly to give the higher level players something else to spend their $$$ on until we get some new features in place to help with that."

This is just the first step to getting some new content into the "Legendary" levels that you girls and guys have reached.

7. Deb

Deb New Member

Eric, why would I spend money on a Legendary Scout with 25 att/27 defense when I have 200000 balders with 28 att/26 def? You could have helped us at the "legendary" level and made them more powerful. We are so short on attack weapons, a level 2700 player has almost 4000 drops with chariots/horses because he was able to start accummulating them at level 850. I am not a math person, but can't someone help us that are handicapped now because of your changes? I do not understand the reasoning for such a low level clan/weapon. Thanks, Deb

8. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

At my figuring, you missed out on 2036 chariots or 2491 horses or 2139 wing suits or 2229 ships btw ... not that I don't have a calculator on this game :)

9. Griff

Griff Member

Right on with giving higher level players something to spend coins on. But now I dont want to go and buy up these items till we know where you are going to finalize the cost etc. More waiting it seems but I am still hopeful to gain my interest back into Viking Clan since I spent LONG nights and hours upon hours playing the game. Im just "stuck" trying to play the game after the lower level players gained all those extra drops that have 8 more attack points! Im not sure if you devs are understanding this problem we have. Thanks for listening and working to make the game playable again.

10. Griff

Griff Member

Now because of this we would have to spend almost every coin we earn just to defend against these clans and now most of these clans earn enough to just buy up those legendary items too and POW we are right back to square one. I dont see a fix for what they did to us Deb.

11. Griff

Griff Member

We were shorted an estimated 20,000 points the other clans that were able to gain from those extra drops. OK it would cost us 240 Trillion coins and an upkeep of 100 billion an hour using these legendary warriors JUST to even the field. Now we wouldnt earn much and those clans would soon overtake us all over again... Sorry for the rant but this is a Raw subject for me since it destroyed my game. I shall try and refrain from any more remarks but SURELY the Devs see what this previous change did.

12. Deb

Deb New Member

@Griff, not at all. I really don't get how they can not understand the problem here. They could have had more powerful weapons at the 2500 level to buy, but this legengary clan/weapon does nothing really and is costly. At one time, we could defend ourselves, sometimes I attack a 2400 level player and LOSE! Yeah Viking Clan your super! I am getting so fed up with the mechanics of this game. Obviously, they want the lower level players to be powerful and beat us - Go Viking Clan. Griff, miss ya, hope all is well with you <3

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The release of the Legendary items is to help address the issue you mention, these are the first 2 items of a series. We will be monitoring them over the next couple of days and make adjustments as appropriate.

No promises, but perhaps we can release some legendary adventures as well.

14. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

I don't think that would even the field with the legendary warrior/weapons as they are defensive v. what is already available. IFF defence mattered a whit, maybe, but the boss drops are better with no upkeep. Hard to figure the "plan" of Kano here. But they must have a "plan" in train.

Possibly, if they retroactively grant those skill points, you might have some options to square it up better. IM me for some ideas. Can't let my enemies have the good ones! ;)

LL

15. Deb

Deb New Member

One thought would be to have adventures for those of us at 3000 with much higher attack. I wish I could figure out a solution rather than show my frustration on this discussion. However, that does not help Griff at his level. Your the math guys, can't you figure out how to correct an error that was made to those of us at higher levels when you made the change? Or is this the way it is?

16. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

With the heavier weighting in attack and defense of your character as well as the increase in skill points per level, it should offset any advantage "significantly" lower levels may carry.

Also, "Legendary" Items will continue far beyond the current level, those are just the initial pair of a set.

17. Eddie

Eddie Member

This is all nice, but new wolrds, adventures, warriors (with significantly higher stats), and weapons would be nice. Like at least new things unlocked every 150-250 levels?

18. Griff

Griff Member

Ok, We do not have all the facts we need to judge how all this will change our game. Once you do the change with the Attack/Defense we shall see. The fear I have is that the Devs will put in this change and I will figure out where I need to put these new points just to have it all change again and be stuck once again with my points invested in the wrong places. I just wish I had known just how "Beta" this game was before I invested real cash and ALOT of time playing it. Most of the time I spent playing and building my character nothing drastic changed so I had a "plan" of where I wanted to be with my points. How can we use strategy when the rules change so drastically? Perhaps Im beating a dead horse. I shall go back into my hole and do the bosses from time to time and wait and see if the game gets fixed soon. I really dont mean to be negative ...Kudos to the devs for making the effort. I honestly cant battle anyone again until I invest another $150 to fill my chiefs. Im just not convinced yet that it would be wise to do so at this time.

19. i Love new weapon/warrior so i can use extra upkeep ;)

att/def system:

- in present- if i have 1300 att/def its just extra 32 Legendary Helmet's !? if is not secret i would like to know what will be new att/def -so i can think where i can invest extra skill points
    also Kendall said that higher level players will have extra defence power from lower level player's - what % every higher level will be from total defence? (example: 0.01, or 0,1 or 1% per level) ?

Thanks for good news Dev's

Para

20. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

Positive step in the right direction.

First, Re: The Legendary Items. Nice to see higher level weapons being rolled out, however I do agree with most, that the 12B cost per+high upkeep, is indeed insane:) I do like the idea that to acquire a load of these items, one must have a super large empire, which limits it to powerful high level clans. Hence the name "Legendary". Still, lowering the cost might be a good idea, but not low enough where just anyone can afford it.
    Second, I am excited with the retroactive of skill points (3 to 5). This will reward everyone, especially those that have reached level 1,000+. This will bring variables to the game and should keep long-time players to continue playing the game. Also, it will even the playing field from those lower level clans pestering you with a simple 10% boost. The retroactive skill points is definitely a plus.
    Lastly, I would like to suggest a "Legendary" zone after Muspell. This will definitely reward the high levels. In six months, from a handful of level 1,000's to 10X fold that amount (this is a good thing). After 1850, it's all about stamina (battles/bosses) and having a high level zone would make Energy worthwhile.
    Overall, I am pleased with the direction. Some tweeks here and there... but keep it coming.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010