[ZS] Introducing the Revival Serum (Facebook Only - Beta)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jun 18, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

What is the "Revival Serum"?

The Revival Serum is a new feature that incentivizes players to bring back old Squadmates to Zombie Slayer. When you send a Revival Serum the player that receives it will get some rewards as soon as they come back to the game to help them jump right into gameplay. Based on how much GP they earn through their next four seasons you can both earn Weekly rewards with the possibility for a bonus reward at the end of this period. See the info in-game for more details about the Weekly and Bonus rewards.

This feature should be live starting the evening of June 18 and will be in beta form. As such it will only be available to a relatively small number of accounts at this time but a wider release is planned. Please note that the ability to send Serums is only available through Facebook canvas and is not supported on KanoPlay.

Where to Start

[​IMG]

If you are eligible you will see a new tab on your Profile called "Revival Serum". Click on the "Tell Me More" button to see specifics of the rewards available and to start sending Serums.

How to Send

[​IMG]

Once you have opened the Revival Serum menu you will see your Candidate List. Choose from any of these candidates to send a Serum to which will show up on their side as a Facebook request. Once a Serum is sent this Squadmate, they will be moved into the Pending tab where they will remain until they rejoin the game or five days pass.

How to Track Progress

[​IMG]

If you have any "Active" Serums you can track your Squadmate's progress by clicking the Active tab. Here you will see a week by week breakdown of their GP progress. At the end of each season, rewards are able to be collected with the Bonus reward becoming available at the end of the fourth season since your Squadmate rejoined.

[​IMG]

On the other side of this your Squadmate who has rejoined Zombie Slayer can see their own progress by going to their own Profile and looking for the "Revival Serum" tab. This will show their week by week GP progress as well as their progress towards the bonus rewards. Your rejoined Squadmates will also be able to collect rewards at the end of each season and the Bonus at the end of four seasons.

2. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

Tried sending all 5 serums out but it got hung on the 5 and wouldn't send it not sure if anyone else had this problem. Using chrome browser. When I go back into it there isn't an option to try and send the serum again......

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The request might have gone through but you weren't notified. I'll get the developer behind this to look into it, he might have some follow-up questions for you.

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I just sent you a PM. Please check it out and with that info I'll track this issue down.

Thanks!

5. kamikazeweasel

I assume it didn't go through because it says I have 4 pending serums instead of 5, and I replied to your message Smack.

6. Clifton Stanford

Clifton Stanford New Member

So, some people get rewards and other don't?

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm confused by your question, Clifton. Are you referring to the fact that this is a limited release? This feature will be available to everyone soon, and even if you send out Serums there's no guarantee that the person on the other end will accept.

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

If it does not go thru it may mean the person left Facebook.

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

There was a bug in the code that was not allowing the 5th request to be sent out which has been fixed. You should all be able to send that 5th Revival Serum to your Squad members.

10. Voltron

Voltron New Member

what if the player is dead in the real life AND i do not know that <>?...
    and why the game offer me to send revival serum to player removed from my squad and banned player?....

IF SOMEONE SMART PERSON want to back a leavers in the game ,then first can be removed Defensive Stance in BA and others stupid anti-game things. 7000 defense = permanent Defensive Stance

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  11. kamikazeweasel

How does a player actually collect a revival serum? I have sent a pending serum to a squad member and I see they started playing again but in the tracking window it still shows the serum as pending?

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I sent you a PM looking for more details.

EDIT: Thanks for the info kamikazeweasel, this should be fixed up.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  13. Did this even work for anyone? I don't mean technically, but the concept appears poor.

14. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I noticed that 1-2 players returned both in Zombie and Viking Clan after the Pending period expired, but they return was ignored by the system.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I don't think that the rewards apply if a player returns after their Revival Serum invite has expired. I'll double-check with Smack, though.

16. Honestly, find better ideas than this.

17. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Another BUG: if a player rejoins the game Sunday that day will be counted as a whole week, and there are left only 3 weeks to do 380000 GPs. 380000/16000= 23.75 days, and he has only 22 in this situation.
    [​IMG]

In this case the counting of his weeks should start the day he starts playing again.