[LCN] Introducing Raid Boss Events [BETA]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

As you attack it you use stamina and energy but it drops energy so it is a give and take, same thing when you heal the raid health, it drops energy, and it seemed best to attack it with 1 stamina hits.
    Also the drops were good stats, I have three of them in my Loadout and I usually have the limited items there.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  2. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Thanks for the tips, I guess I should wait and see considering Im not playing VC!

3. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

I dont know how is in VC but here could be a problem considering you only get 50 stamina and 500 energy when you advance to the next level (of course if you dont use refils). I dont know if in VC you get more stamina and energy when you advance to next level. This could make a diffrence!

4. Kirsten

No it is the same , 50 stam per level. Only ZS is different, the other three PC, VC and LCN are the same set up 500 for energy and 50 for stamina and I am only a mid level in VC. There are tiers , telling you how many of certain levels can join it , forget exactly how many, but something like 10 level 1 to 2,000, 10 level 2,000 to 4,000 and then 10 level 4,000 and up, I might be wrong about the the number 10 , been a few weeks. Just do not join to many , since it does take some time for them to be killed, in VC the event was a 5 day , this time it is 3 days, it is not like regular bosses, but be sure to do the Min attacks and be sure to keep any eye on the Raid health and heal it as you go. In FB VC there are alot of Very high levels , more than most of the FB games.

5. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yes the XP its better with lvl partner, but in VC for me it takes like 15 mins a lvl: 7-8 mins attacking and 7-8 mins healing back, while with this boss I could do like 1 lvl / min, that's a huge difference.

6. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I found some of the drops, having stats like Attack 155 - Defense 119 and Attack 119 - Defense 155, this ones are the rare or the common drops?
    These stats are comparable with some 3 year old limited weapon stats, while the drops in VC where comparable with the current limited weapons stats.

7. Vic

Vic Active Member

i'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

8. Kirsten

Since I don't use a leveling partner, ( seems boring as heck to me) and if ya not smart about it ya just gonna wind up in an XP range that a player will be too weak for, But I found I was able to get a few levels a day just from the RAID bosses I was in ,and I am a Mid level player, so between the raid boss, adventures, reg bosses, guild wars, and "Fighting" without a net, I move along nicely and have no problem leveling every day. In my other games, I also have no problem leveling, again without a leveling partner.

9. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yes, leveling up fast has its backside in short term, but in long term: you can have access to the best bosses with the best drops, the best adventure/job drops and every new unlocked empire/city property gives you a significant boost to your income. While with a slow progress you will do some old and weak bosses and adventures for years and your income its very limited. And you forget that a new player has a significant disadvantage playing against the players who sit in their level range for years and already are full of the best drops unlocked at that level.
    My reason for faster levelup was to unlock the best content and get the best drops for my stamina and energy and my time. Now that they stopped releasing new city's in Viking Clan I stopped leveling with level partners to, as I am ready for 3 new locations while there is no ETA for the next one.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    coolestcool likes this.
  10. Kirsten

Yup once ya get to high ya gonna have no one to " fight" ( real fighting with a risk of retaliation) and then people complain , Give me a new location. I have access to all bosses in all the games, cause of my clan, and all the many boss sharing groups I am either in, or owner of, so that has never ever been a problem and as I advance and reach my own bosses I have a boatload of stuff to craft immediately, and I stay current and do not waste my time on bosses I have passed, unless I need a few xp to level and someone posts a old baby boss , then I will use that to finish a level. I like to play within the guidelines of the way the game is set up :) I don't know why someone would camp at a level and stay there. So what level are you ? I do not find my way of moving on in the games, has any negative components, and I have to laugh when I see players that level off of one feature, be it a partner, or bosses or adventures, cause they are the weakest . Too bad for them lol

11. Honestly, if the drops are what people are saying they are then I think that there will be participants. But it seems like another thing for the super-high levels to just burn down and prevent anyone else from doing anything else(a couple of names on Kongregate spring to mind)

12. Kirsten

First off there are tiers , and a limited amount of people that can even join a raid boss, and I don't know how the drops or rewards have changed since the VC one, but it will be worth your time, if ya do the min of 250 actions( which include attacking and healing, and if ya do more ya got a better chance of better rewards, as well as some levels you will get when attacking and healing the raid boss, if someone wipes the Raid health they will prob become a target , as they did in VC and will be listed , lol

13. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

@Kirsten Yes, every player can explain why his game style is the best. :) I will play mine and good luck to yours. ;)

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Actually, there is an ETA for the next location. It sounds like it will be 3 months or so (but not before the end of this year). I didn't think the raid bosses went so well on Vikings, but I want to see how they work on LCN after the changes that have been made. Hopefully, they will be a little bit better. I didn't get a single drop (other than energy) in Vikings, and only one of the ones I was in was killed off.

15. DSA

DSA New Member

. . . Oooh - I tend not to like things, in games, that too directly allow for advancement based on the spending of RL-$.
    Makes it too much like RL!
    Would really like to see a Stam/Energy reload option based on in-game-$.
    Maybe better, a direct game-$ => FP exchange.
    For example (at my level, anyway) 10FP will buy me $196.605 billion in cash - perhaps this should work in reverse, as well?
    I could understand the bank charging a commission for this service, or that the exchange rate might need some adjusting so as not to de-value FP's very much...
    But, what better way to further tie advancement to participation, in a way that answers to an RL-$ fast-track to the "1%-er's"?

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That's incorrect, I said that we will not see a new Location before Christmas and after that there is no ETA.

17. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Sorry. I was just trying to be helpful. I apologize for my error.

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No need to apologize, just making sure we're all on the same page. :)

19. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Its still helpful for me, knowing that there will be no new locations in the next 4-5 months in Viking clan, ex: I know that I don't have to start hoarding coins for the coming new empires yet, and maybe I can stop killing bosses to make elite warriors/weapons, if until a new location I will replace them with a lot better blacksmith using adventure drops.

Jared likes this.
  20. Matt Gerrits

Matt Gerrits New Member

I'm needing a little clarification about the size of the crew going for a Raid Boss. Maybe I missed it, but is it a randomly generated team? Or can a syndicate stay together to tackle this boss?