Information Regarding the Facebook Graph API 2.0 Update

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 28, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hello players,

On April 30 2015, Facebook will stop supporting Graph API v1.0 and switch solely to v2.0. What this means is that any game that runs on v1.0 (which is all of our games) will experience severe problems after that date if they have not been updated. (see this FAQ here for more information: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/migrate)

As a result of this, we are going to have to allocate a lot of our development resources over the next few months upgrading our games on Facebook to accept the new version of Facebook's Graph API. The FAQ above outlines the many things we need to do to prepare our games for the migration. If everything goes as planned, then you as the player will not be adversely affected by the these changes and come April 30 everything will continue to function smoothly.

What this means for the games overall is that since we will be spending a lot of time working on the Graph API v2.0 changeover, things that you see from the developers might come out a bit slower than they have been. We are hoping to get the migration process tied off as soon as possible, but in case there are any extra delays on releases or changes to features over the next few months, now you know why! It is regrettable that we have to spend a lot of time working on updates that will make it out to just one version of the games, but not doing so would be even more unfortunate. Thanks for your patience while we work on the Graph API v2.0 updates and I'll let you guys know as soon as we are done. :)

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up.

grim likes this.
  3. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

Thanks for the heads up Kano ...sounds fancy

4. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

damn you facebook :mad:

George Burd and L1LOne like this.
  5. Thank you for the heads up Mi7ch! I hope the extra revenue the raids and other upgrades to LCN have brought in the revenue to support the overtime for the developers to get this done in time. I would guess many if not the majority will become inactive without the facebook platform to play on. Good luck and God speed.

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

How can things come out slower than they have? been stuck in the same location forever!

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

What exactly does one version of the game mean ,exactly :eek:

8. The Milk Man

The Milk Man Member

Would I still be able to play on my android?

9. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

Good luck to the developers with the update, and I hope everything goes smoothly! I hope Facebook didn't wait until the last minute to inform you of these mandatory changes, as it seems they should have given people much more notice so they could properly account for everything that must be done by the deadline! On our end (the players), I hope we can all keep this in mind before submitting support tickets that are not a necessity so we can allow the Kano developers and staff to focus their attention 100% on making the deadline!

Kirsten likes this.
  10. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

question, if there is problems we can still play on kanoplay right???

AlterEgoT likes this.
  11. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

BUMMER! :(

Go get em guys.;)

12. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I would hope so. Although requesting might be broke.

RainSunGone likes this.
  13. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

hmmm doesnt that kinda let them off the hook....LOL...:rolleyes:

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  14. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Damn FB is all i have to say. Thanks for the heads up, mitch. Hope everything goes accordingly and won't be TOO much lag as the changes occur.

15. cooterbrown

cooterbrown Active Member

So is everything thats in the works gonna remain in the works until after april???

16. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

that facebook i wish i can play without that damn facebook :mad: but thanks mitch for the news

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

You can play now, not using FB > http://www.kanoplay.com/ (use FB login)
    Not saying with changes upcoming, just meant as of now.

18. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

thanks for the info

19. Blez

Blez New Member

Thanks for the fore warning mi7ch, it won't stop us cussing FB if we can't get on but at least we'll know why.

20. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

its all facebook fault:)