[Other] If under level 300 and out of XP range, disable ability to List high level players

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Smack, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We want to float this by the community to see what the feedback is like but here is the scenario.

High level players are unable to freely List anyone below level 300 however low level players have no restriction going the other way. This has led to some issues with new players (alts sometimes) to harass those above them with little repercussion.

What we are proposing is to not allow players below level 300 to list anyone outside of their XP range. After level 300, game on as it is open listing season.

Thoughts?

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Not going to vote.

It won't make much of a difference in the long run.

This is actually even worse as it will allow alts to build their coin longer.

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

True but after level 300 they can no longer hide from multiple listings in retaliation and that is a much more serious commitment to build up a character for the sole purpose of griefing those above.

4. Eraser

Eraser Member

I really dont see much of a problem.

The level 299 can list a level 1000 what? 2 times or 3? and its broke....

For every time that level 299 list a higher player it can be listed the same amount of times back.

I hear of people having problems with 10 alts punching somone, but never heard anyone complain about a level less 300 listing them too much.

Id rather see dev time and dollars spent on something better than such a peanuts problem.

just my POV.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I like it but what I would also like to see it go one step further, if a low level under 300 attacks someone higher for any reason they can be attacked , listed and punched/slapped, PW'd etc when they have the 30 day protection, once they go outside of their xp range they lose that protection.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Great feedback all around and please feel free to rate this however you see fit. My feelings won't be hurt ;)

7. ben

ben Active Member

i will agree with linda on this one ...i can see her point real clear...

i wont vote at this time...

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Some care about dying, not sure why? But if it's a alt account, it could care less about dying whether being lvl 100 or 300, taking away protection would solve a lot if slaps/bounties/hit's you 1st. Hunting and getting lucky on a alt account by a experienced player is possible no matter how you look at it.

9. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

If you're a higher level you should even have to pay money to have it killed

10. I like it but what I would also like to see it go one step further, if a low level under 300 attacks someone higher for any reason they can be attacked , listed and punched/slapped, PW'd etc when they have the 30 day protection, once they go outside of their xp range they lose that protection.

Zombie Slayers has the 7 day Protection. But if they go after someone on the list, The Protection is Null and Void

I agree on both the proposals from Smack and Linda.

I'd like to see them go through. yeah i voted :)

11. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i always assumed that a player under 300 could not be listed unless they let themselves in ie punch or list a higher player
    if this then opens them up why is there need for a change as you can pound them back if they do this

12. alka

alka Banned

It would be very rare for an alt under level 300 to list me on any Kano app, so I don't see the listing as the problem.
    It's already been pointed out that low levels don't mind being listed, and it only takes a few shots to get exp back down there.
    It needs to go one step further and that's to stop them punching or even touching anyone outside level 300.
    This would render most alts useless and those intent on using them would soon advance toward level 300.
    It would also stop low levels punching high levels so they can keep their bounty high while bullying the guys around them.

Punched
    You were Punched by [xxxx] xxxx rxxxx taking 22 damage.
    26 minutes ago delete

[xxxx] xxxx rxxxx
    Level 60 Lawyer xxx- Recruiting

Report Player
    Joined 4 days ago

The owner of that account is xxx and it's not the first time they've followed punches.
    Level 1743 Pro Athlete xxx - Recruiting
    Attacks from: 38 punches,11 ambushes,4 booby traps in 6 days Attacked first: 6 days ago Last attacked: 48 minutes ago

I'm not reporting it because nothing will happen (that's how I see it).

So you see, punches are more of a problem, so stop everything...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  13. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I think its a step in the right direction and at this point I dont see any negatives stemming from it. I als0 agree with Alka that it should go even further and that level 300 and below simply shouldnt be allowed to interact with much higher levels at all. New players are afforded a lot of protection at those levels so they have time to learn the ins and outs so they dont get run off, Both the new players and the cheats simply shouldnt have the opportunity to use these accounts in abusive or illegal way because of these protections.
    9 stars because there is no negatives, but still hoping for more

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  14. The ONLY time a low level player, under 300, attacks me in either app I play, is because they are an alt account of one of the many jerks in this game who think it's funny that I can't retaliate. No one with an ounce of intelligence would attack me otherwise if they are that low a level. I give it 10 stars. Let all the alt builders be frustrated now. LOL

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Awesome feedback guys and gals, keep it comin. We will certainly review all that has been said here and make updates as more decisions are made. If I had to guess I would look for an update late Monday once we have a time to digest what will likely be more discussion throughout the weekend.

Cheers

16. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

I don't even care if any level 300 and below wanted to list me. They will just broke after one listing lol
    What I do care is a level 1k++ and just joined the game not more than 2 months (not to mention the same date the myspace account was created) listed me.

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Level 300 its always been.

Kano once tried raising it and it was quickly reverted back.

So lets keep it at level 300.

18. Eraser

Eraser Member

Ive said this before, and ill say it again. 300 is far outdated.

When the 300 level rule was put in place... There was level 700s on the top 30 leaderboards for levels.

Smack.... You know this. You've been around here longer than even I have.

I really wouldnt see a big problem with it being raised up to level 660... the battle arena level,

I could even see it go as far as level 1k for longevity.

19. slave

slave Member

i could care less about getting listed by, punched by, attacked by or whatever else by anyone under 300.

what i would like is more than 1 xp when i attack them back.....

at one point kano suggested raising the minimum xp you could get for a ridic small target and like most of their ideas, it disappeared....

they can attack, list punch whatever but getting 1 xp isnt worth your time to go back after them
    not when you need 800,000 xp to level up.

but hey i can attack them twice before they go into hospital....

20. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Why does this have a high rating? It's not like they can list you a lot. If they can you can list em as many times as they list you right back.