Home Page Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 13, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Very shortly we will be releasing an updated interface for the homepage in each of the games. The goal here is to reduce some of the clutter of the old homepage and to also better expose some upcoming events in our games or to notify players when they can take action on events that are currently running.

This page is highly customizable and all of the banners can be hidden if you would like. Here is an example of what it will look like if every single modal is open (again, this can be hidden if you prefer):

[​IMG]

The "event carousel" will rotate to let you know when the nearest event will take place (BA, Wars or the Raid). This change was primarily an effort by our User Interface designers to consolidate all of the banners and notifications that already existed on the home page into one smaller area as when there were a lot of elements on the home page it could get rather stretched. Some of the old sidebar icons such as gifts and boosts are gone, but given enough feedback we can adjust the new home page to include those again.

This was a very development-light update as most of the time on this came from our UI designers. All of the suggestions/ideas/feedback you've given to me over the past while are still on track. I know that change, especially abrupt change, can make someone a little apprehensive, but take some time to get used to the new look of the home page. As mentioned above we can adjust it fairly easily based on feedback. :)

2. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Very smart idea.

3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

you may wanna look at this on kong it doesn't look quite right, its kinda transparent and overlapping bleeding thru on homepage

Mr Killer Man likes this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Looks OK to me, have you refreshed yet? There may be a conflict in your browser displaying the new interface.

Shutterbug likes this.
  5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I see it already, not caring for it right now

6. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

I like it - you have the ability to hide if you don't - gives it a fresh look - good job!! ;)

7. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

When I hit the Home page, I go there to do the business of the challenges, bosses, adventures found on the lower right area of the screen. And, I flit back & forth between Home page & other pages. Activities didn't get in the way so much when they were posted on the side of the page. Now I have to either keep the Activities closed, or skim down every time I hit Home page, to get to the important stuff.

8. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Active Member

I sense many wrong clicking (Use Key,Buy Key)....Can not we just to receive news in personal messages and things remain as they are?

FEMME FATALE 666 likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Exactly

Mabest and Chasity like this.
  10. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

ok, may be usefull!

11. Kirsten

Yup I can see wrong clicks with the adventures happening

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The buttons on the home page for using/buying keys or signing up for the BA or Wars aren't transactional, they just take you to the area where you can perform that action, so you won't accidentally purchase a Key by clicking on the home page.

13. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

I dont see it yet, and dont care for the change either

14. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

It looks good to me @mi7ch - I'm anxious to try it out! And who's Account is in the example picture with 6,325 Favor Points? I sure could use a few of those - lol! ;)

Miss Kitty Snaps likes this.
  15. Darth Vader

in the box below DAILY REWARD there is quite unnecessary things there can be placed timers ( reminders) in the form of digital watches so it will not take up much space over SOCIAL FEED as currently conceived to be!The way that is conceived loaded very much the display thus obtaining unnecessary clicks on those keys!

mushroomhead and Chasity like this.
  16. Kirsten

Well that is good news I was not even gonna click to find out

George Burd likes this.
  17. EVILSPEAK

EVILSPEAK New Member

Sod the revamped page, 15 free FP's. I wanna know more about that.

18. Darth Vader

On the image you may notice Offers are hidden can you imagine when they are not what happens and how many space takes these all things!?

19. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Apparently I had not, its ok now ty

mi7ch likes this.
  20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Offers show up in the same space they normally do; that is the window with the Limited items and Crates.

Rick Row likes this.