[LCN] Hitlist Out-of-Range Cooldown - September 18th 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Sep 18, 2017.

1. FancyPants

FancyPants Member

I have a question (not a complaint) about the hitlist amount. If we build up our Hitlist price, why isn't that full amount what people have to pay to list you?

Example:
    [tag] user has just put a Hit on you for $380,285,509,620.
    My Base Hitlist 447.395 billion
    My Current Hitlist 559.243 billion

Why is there a 15% discount on hitlist price?

I "found" the user on fightlist, engaged in fighting, user hit back, lost, and then listed me. Totally fair, but, why a 15% discount? Because I engaged them in fighting?

Thanks!

2. Scoughman

Scoughman Administrator

@Ace Diamond Thanks for the input! We looked into changing Rig pricing, but from our data we don't think being rigged helps prevent being listed very much. People who want to keep listing simply heal and keep listing you. We could make Rigs more powerful maybe but we don't want to make listing too hard — the more people listing, the more targets for everyone — and even if they are super cheap, higher level listing players always have far more cash than a lower level victim.

@FancyPants The main thing that would reduce the price someone pays to list you is if you are in War Mode. There are some other modifiers involved but that's generally the reason.

3. Scoughman

Scoughman Administrator

Just a followup - forgot to note that there is a fee the Godfather charges for hitlists, and the post in the social feed only represents what you can win by claiming the reward. So for example, someone could list you for a reduced War Mode price, then the Godfather tax would apply, then the final amount would be posted to the Social Feed as the amount someone can win by catching the list.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Scoughman I beleive it's the 15% tax taken from KANO for inner circle etc. what she meant (could be wrong)
    @Fancypants although it shows that # when collected, they paid full price, it's just showing you after taxes.

Scoughman likes this.
  5. FancyPants

FancyPants Member

OK - thanks Jades & Scoughman.
    I'm not in war mode.
    As long as I'm not discounted like a K-Mart blue light special, then all is good.
    :)

Kirsten and JADES like this.
  6. steve williams

steve williams New Member

they only show the price after they take their cut off your hitlist

Scoughman and FancyPants like this.
  7. LOL and the "protection" just gives new players time to talk trash about the higher levels so NO, increasing the protection is NOT the answer. The answer is to treat others with respect, don't get personal in the verbal attacks, and NEVER bring someone's family into the insulting aspect of the game.