[LCN] Hitlist Grace Period v2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Randy Jenkins

Randy Jenkins Active Member

when are you going to contribute to the hit list been fighting the hit list for awhile now and the only time I see a hit from you it is on a low level player that you have bullied for years even though this player may or may not deserve it you contribute to the reason changes need to be made

2. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

at the same time the person being listed outside your range can't attack for 5 mins

3. Randy Jenkins

Changes are made to games all the time some want upgrades to the workshop this is a change do you want this it is not just because you don't think something needs to be changed doesn't mean everyone feels the same way as you. I see no problem with waiting 60 seconds to list or rig a player after you have already listed or rigged them fighting the hit list there several minutes that there is no one put on the list but when they do come it is low level players some older women I am sure are not going to the chat and starting crap with players it is just that they have not built up their hit cost do you feel these types of players deserve being chained. I bet you are one of those players war mode or not that looks for the weaker players to chain to get your war points.

4. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

There is already a mechanic in play to stop the chainlisting, its called protection. So again I still dont see the need to change the currant hitlist structure????

5. Randy Jenkins

the protection feature is to put it on one player and it lasts three days but there are still a lot more player out there that are looking for weaker players that do not cost much to list you have already used up the option of protection what do you do to the next one that because your cheap to list decides to chain you. how about they make it so you can't hit list players out of your xp range.to me hittting a weaker player because they're cheap is a coward and scared to actually be attacked back by the player there chaining

6. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Well back in my day I had to walk three miles uphill in the snow in my bare feet just to play this game and get my you know what handed to me. I don't recall anyone falling all over themselves to ask me if I was OK because a big bad high level bully hit listed me a few times. So what has changed now compared to back then that we now have to protect and coddle players from everything? Seriously has something changed? Why if it was OK a couple of years ago it is now so egregious there has to be changes in game play? I'm all for improvements and additions that add to the game play and the enjoyment however change just for the sake of change is bad. Also change to appease 5% when it alienates 20% is not wise. Now those are made up statistics but I never see anyone in chat complaining about getting hitlisited too much. The trolls get off on it which is why they are trolls so they don't count.

7. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

If this is about high level players hitlisting cheap lower level players then get rid of the hitlist achievement and only keep the honorable range achievements.

Randy Jenkins likes this.
  8. Randy Jenkins

I am calling you on you don't understand why changes need to be made if you don't feel changes need to be made then do not ask them to update the crates the workshop anything. What they have decided would be the best solution it is what everyone asked for the last time they asked our opinion about the hit list changes. It takes care of the problem of players being able to set a rig while the other player is waiting to list them again. To me the hit list is for a player that has been attacked by a stronger player to the point they are willing to give up some cash to revenge those attacks. but chain attacking is looked at as a bad thing more than a few attacks is considered a chain attack. Think everyone has this fighting game backwards they think it is ok to chain list where the player is losing massive amounts of xp but to attack a player in excess of 5 attacks where all the player is losing is there health which doesn't cost much to heal and not to hard to find the heal tab as a bad thing maybe the changes don't need to come from Kano maybe changing the way people want to play the game will work which is highly doubtful. Kano has came up with a solution and 60 seconds is not going to ruin anyones fun it is going to make everyone enjoy the game.

9. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Currently I have only 10 ambushes and several serious issues that this will not address an chance of looking at this aspect please

10. Randy Jenkins

it isn't just about hit listing cheap players and i say cheap player because some higher levels are cheap to list to it is about chaining these players just because they're cheap. 60 seconds to hit list again is not to long to wait I am sure it is not going to hurt anyone to wait that long even if the person deserves being listed repeatedly. they can't set up a rig for 60 seconds so I do not see what the problem is know one wants change or they only want the changes they see suitable for them.

11. Randy Jenkins

I would like to see the ambushes increase I can see putting 10 ambush limit on one person because it is intended to get the player some relief from being attacked but sometimes you need more than 10 if you're being attacked by several players I don't think there should be a limit on how many you can buy just on how many you can put on a player at one time. I know everyone knows how to get around these ambushes without being killed by them. But like I said ambushes are intended to give some relief not actually protect you from being attacked. if you're looking for that look at increasing your defense so the player loses to you

12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

as you said, lisijng and punching is now a part of the game, but what you take as crying and asking to have something done to help stopped being killed all the time so you cant play has no honor to it and players leave the game and the lower levels don't always start it either. that's where you all are taking things wrong, you think the lower levels start all the problems , some do, but not all..

and it was the same way when the game first started. over the years a lot of players left the game becuz of the same thing, but back then the higher levels would only attack you once or twice if you was a low level and the lower levels learned not to pick a fight with someone you could not beat. The higher levels did not always go after lowl evels unless they got attacked first. I have no problem with that type of attacks.

however now your targeted even without saying a word or doing any thing to the ones who are attacking you. it happened even in mafia wars and you see what happened tot hat game.

I play lots of other fighting games, some of them without graphics but most with graphics, some with teams etc and none of them are like these games where a group of people can pound on you so much you cant do anything and wont stop until they drive you out of the game.

so yes you move on to another game. the ideal behind these changes is to keep people from leaving becuz of all the attacking like that. if it was more like it used to be three or four years ago, I do not think there would be so much trouble now and the lower levels would have a better chance to level in the game and enjoy it. if a game is nott fun to them, they wont stay[/QUOTE]

on the other hand if the long term hard core players have more limits on them and they leave then all the softcore players can play patty cake in peace, SMH

13. Kirsten

there is no bullying in a PVP game, , there is a strong player and a weak player,

14. Kirsten

in PC we can set more, and it will cost you big time, in coins and stamina , we have it cause of another outdated feature, and believe me whether it is 10 , 30, 75, 100, it won't stop anyone who has the income or couldn't care about their stats, to stop someone, I know it would not stop me if the person is one of those who really deserve it , lol

15. Kirsten

what can happen if the dead player who has a big mouth and mouths off in world chat or now the tavern/lounge, players will then go after their members , I see it I do it and many of us do it, if we cannot get back at the one talking smack , sometimes , it can be really nasty remarks, ( derogatory remarks towards female players for example) then their members are lidted whipped, punched etc, basicall kept dead, so not running their mouth while dead is beneficial for their members., Just sayin;;;;;;;

16. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

i havent a big mouth and never comment in lounge chat but nevertheless Im being attcked and listed by the usual pack - ambushes rigs arent any way of dealing with any of this type of chaining - when several people gang up to list punch attck - there isnt a way out - other than to quit - if 4 players share the hitlisting they never incur the penalties but my game is less than fun just now
    I have lost long time friends due to the same people and their bullying ways - many older players have decided they cant be bothered and I am seriously feeling the same

eric smith likes this.
  17. Randy Jenkins

I have a suggestion to solve this problem get rid of the chats attacking other players because of something someone else says is crap for the fact that the only ones that are seen are the leaders of the syndicate so there getting attacked for something they really have no control over. we have a solution to this to we have put inactive players as our leaders these players are dead and no longer play but there accounts are still in the game. I think if a player is making derogatory remarks in the chat Mute them problem solved not go after some other players.

18. Omegame

Omegame Member

Sincerely I think is a waste of time these changes and aim new here because dont have time to see many posts but I play here almost 6 years and only now appear these problems ????

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Kirsten

nope not gonna happen, if they have some low life as a member, than they all pay, guilty by association :p, if one of the games I play I am a low level , I know better than to mouth off and if I do I know what will occur, in games I am a high level and can hold my own, I go after loud mouths in the tavern,as do my friends, the target 99% of the time deserve, it and even if I have them muted I can see what is going on, by everyone's responses, personally I don't care if they say shit about me, but when they are mouthing off to everyone, including me or my good clan , I will take them to task, we have alot of drama in a few of the games, dramas that are years long, some from games we may have played before, and now we play Kano, and those dramas still endure, lol it is really a lot of fun, it all depends on your perspective, and once ya realize these are just games, then people can have fun, and not feel like a victim.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  20. Randy Jenkins

I know they do not stop players from attacking and I do not think that a player should be able to put more than 10 on one person if a player wants attacks to stop on them build up their defense. it doesn't have to take real cash to increase one's defense it does take time not using real cash but that is the player's choice the fact is defense can be built up not using real cash. I really do not like the ambush being attacked by players who can beat you is part of the game some players rely on the ambush instead of building up their fight stats and are really disappointed when someone knocks them off and attacks them anyway. To me ambushes are a waste of cash that could be used to buy properties. Being attacked by a player is not the same as being listed attacks just send you to the hospital and occasionally the player is killed sure they're going to lose some xp if a kill occurs. A hit list is guaranteed to lose the player xp every time and not just a little xp each time and when your chain listed for no reason every day what is the point in playing the player is not going to level they're not going to get stronger in their skills. Not all players play this way either and it doesn't seem fair to them that this change is even being considered but think of it from these players point of view.