[PC] Healthy Dead

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Old Salt, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I've noticed lately that some players have a lot of hospital health showing but when you go to whip or bounty them it says that they are dead. Case in point is the pic I've included.

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 4.56.20 PM.png

This was misleading since it also said the person was online and the red bar here is actually fatter than it was earlier when I checked so I thought he had put his health up and was in the hospital.

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Probably leveled up from calendar, yet still dead.

3. Old Salt

Yeah but it's been happening without these calendars also. Though this time that would explain why the health was bumped a bit from the last time I checked. Still no red should be showing at all if completely dead. That's a lot of health to be showing where you can't even whip or bounty.

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

20% of max health is were can be attacked/whipped/bountied, so basically it's 1/5th the bar could have red showing and still be technically dead.

5. Zombiefried

Zombiefried Member

I have fallen for attacking them when they leveled but were still in the hospital. Also, depending on the players level, a lower levels health seems to make the bar fill more quickly.

6. Old Salt

I have been playing this game a long time and have never seen that amount of health showing (almost a quarter of the bar) and then clicking PW or bounty and it says they are dead. I've PW'd players with a lot less health showing. You have to reach a certain threshold of health before you are not considered dead of course but I thought that health never registered on the bar. It was only after you reached that threshold that you started showing red and were upgraded to "hospital" status.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

And this is why i asked to have a skull by the names to know when they are dead. This is where game watching gets annoying sometimes because the health bar looks filled enough but it isnt.

Old Salt likes this.
  8. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

it seems as if when players have been killed and have not actually healed themselves, they are still "dead" and cannot be punched or listed. so if they level up after they have been killed, they cannot be killed again if they are still in the hospital until they actually heal themselves. i just hate wasting the time on this, so it would be nice to see if they could be punched or listed before you go around clicking links to have to find out, it's almost as bad as sending gifts.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. alec

alec New Member

it so simple you can not attack anyone thats been killed until thier health goes over the 20 percent in hospital , then they are out of hospital then you can do wat ever providing you in range

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Well it does not show a percentage ( % ) maybe if it did, that would work better.

11. Old Salt

It's not so simple when someone is showing almost a quarter amount of health on the bar yet they are dead. That's ridiculous. Especially when you can attack /PW/bounty others that are showing less health then that. You have no idea what the threshold is for each pirate and when they are below twenty percent or not. How is that simple???????
    Either fix it where they show NO HEALTH if they are below 20 percent or implement an idea like Jon's where you have some kind of marker showing that they are truly dead.

12. alec

alec New Member

it is that simple if they have a 1/4 of thier health showing then they would be out of hospital, and open to bounties pws and attack,if you cant do any of these think then the player has not passed the 20 percent thresh hold, it is not my fault that your estimate of a quarter ls less than 20 percent, thats how simple it is under 20 percent you cant attack , untill the player goes over 20 percent , for your information a quarter is 25 percent, so its that simple your estimation are completely wrong as wat you are saying can not happen

13. Old Salt

That's my whole point. And Jon's also. Why the hell should we have to check first? Why is any health showing if they are dead? Change it. They should not be showing health until they are elevated to "hospital status". If they are below the threshold and are considered dead then no red should be showing at all.

It is showing that much heath and saying they are DEAD. Not in the hospital. DEAD. Can't PW. Can't bounty. DEAD. And thank you for informing me that a quarter is 25 percent but it sounds like you got confused trying to explain it.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well by looking at the example picture of health, that's not even 1/5th of the bar with health, grab a ruler if like.

So let's say for example, they were about to naturally heal (if showed zero health as you suggest) then you would have no clue to watch for attack and whip/bounty etc. unless check often, IMO would be PIA.
    What if they were 1 health away from naturally healed, would you like to see zero health? I sure wouldn't.

Where exactly are you looking at this anyways?
    • saved links?
    • rival list?

15. Old Salt

Simply go to someone's page and click attack, it will take you to the fight screen where you will see the bars of health for both players. Now I just went to this particular pirate's and he had less health showing then what I posted in the pic at the start of this thread and I was able to PW him. Normally I wouldn't even think anything of that. He is showing health but it's low and he's in the hospital. Understood. What I don't get is when I go to a pirate's page, click attack and get taken to that battle screen, see that the person has "hospital health" (which is usually the amount shown in the bar of the pic I posted) and then click bounty or PW and it says he's dead. I should be able to PW or bounty someone showing that much health.

When you go to check someone's health to see if a PW will get them or not and it's showing a sliver (very little there) then you usually tell each other, he very close or he's a sliver and next whip will get him/her. To me, if a person is considered dead, then that health bar should be empty. It has always been that way. I started noticing the past few months that there would be a little bit of health there and it would say the person (any pirate not just this particular one) was dead. But to get to the point now where that much health is showing (pic at the top of the thread) and it says the person is dead when you go to whip, that is ridiculous.

Dead? Bar empty. Period. In the hospital? Bar should look like the pic or less. That way you know how much hospital health the pirate has before he is considered dead. Sorry for the long winded explanation. I don't know how much simpler to put it.

Mitch, if you're reading this, apparently this issue has been bought up before because Jon Ward talked about posting a little skull to show the pirate is considered dead so you don't have to waste time clicking on PW or try to bounty them to see if they are. As long as I can remember when a pirate was dead the bar has been empty. Could you please see if the devs can address this issue?

I've taken two more pics. The top one is from a person who is in the hospital and the bottom from someone who is on the undead list. As you can see the health bar for the pirate on the undead list is completely empty. That, in my opinion is the way it should be. Why the top bar would be saying the person is dead I have no idea but that's the way it was with the pic posted at the beginning of this thread.

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 12.04.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 12.26.40 PM.png

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

What about this situation?

Example:
    • X person naturally heals @10k health, their current health is 9999, you want the health bar to show nothing?

17. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

if you can't list or punch them, then why not? when you see health, even if it's a small amount, it looks as if you can list or punch them. then when you try to, you get a message saying that the player is dead. anything that saves useless clicks makes sense to me. kind of like the idea you had about how they appear on the syndicate page, so that you can see whether or not they can be listed or punched before you actually try to.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  18. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i can definitely get on board with this. i punch and list a lot, and all the extra clicks on dead players is very annoying. there should be some way to tell whether or not you can actually do anything to a player before you try.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

20. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

that would be a big help! sounds good to me. thanks mi7ch and smack!