GP Season Tie

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vampryss, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Was wondering how a Guild winner is determined at the end of a season if there is a Total Season GP Tie between 2 or more Guilds.

From last season there was a tie between 2 guilds with the same GP Season Total yet there was only one #1 winner.

It appears the system picked the winner according to GP then Alphabetically?

Please advise.. Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
  2. MerlinDerby

MerlinDerby New Member

Likely the guild to arrive at Max GP first.

3. its first to arrive at total which isnt fair cause of time zone issues.
    its like saying screw time zones who cares if its midnight or 2 or 3am gotta get those points.

4. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

Agreed, if this is the case. I'm not a complainer, lol, but our guild, XXX, is mainly Westcoast based (Washington/Oregon/Calif/Utah), US, with 25 real people and no alts, therefore we have members on at later hours. Again, if the guild hitting the GP max the first is what determines the outcome, it would make our guild at a huge disadvantage. Cheers.

PS- Yes, we finished tied with BDB for 1st, last season, and still finished 2nd :eek:. but kudos to Tammy and her guild;)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  5. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

There are no ties. The guild that gets the maximum points first wins the season.

6. Eddie

Eddie Member

All the more reason why not to be in a guild lol

7. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Understood however, what about the time zone differences?

Something about that just doesn't seem right.. If Team A primarily has All East Coast or European Players & Team B has all Pacific Coast Players.. Team A will win every time if there is a Tie due to the time zones..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
  8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

This is simply the stupidest thing ive ever heard

9. i agree,time zones is what makes this unbalanced.

ok its 1am i better not sleep and just get my points which can take forever if almost no ones on.

10. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

Oh, well. It is, what it is...
    In the beginning, I just wish that ties could have been explained in a more concise manner (or was it?).
    Not after the fact.

Since guild rankings are based solely on guild points and time zone advantages (which can be manipulated), how about evening the playing field, for example: Kills, Bounties, Boss Kills, etc. This would be a truer measure of a top guild.
    Anyone agree or disagree?

Suggestion: Change the look of the "pinkish" top three ribbon. Something stronger looking...
    Still, congratulations to all the guilds that participate in this "friendly" battle for ego-ism;)
    Cheers, Eric

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  11. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

Guilds is a new feature in BETA and is evolving. We do listen to your feedback and we are working to make it a fair and balanced feature. We'll keep you posted on any changes that will be coming for the next season.

12. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I'm sure it will all be worked out in the end..

Bosses, Guilds and Gamer Points are still in BETA (as per the Help Section) which means kinks & the like are still being worked out. Positive feedback & asking questions regarding certain features is important so that these things can be reviewed and tweaked. As we all know, the Apps have been and will still continue to evolve.

On a side note, I really appreciate the time Kano & their Developers take to listen to players' input. The fact that we get feedback from you directly speaks volumes compared to other companies. Thank you.. :)

13. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

We tend to forget the B-E-T-A. Great job. Three Cheers!