[LCN] Get Rid of Gifts?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SwiftlyInnocent, Jul 1, 2015.

1. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

I honestly feel they should get rid of Gifts what do you guys think?

2. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Gifting is a major part of crafting. If you do away with gifting the whole concept of crafting would need to be reworked. What I'd like to see is a "collect all" opinion for bosses.

Justin the killer likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Gifting is of importance but only if you ask for the right gifts, I see way to many people who have no clue about it ,they also do not do any bosses, so crafting is not even much of a option for them as you need adventure, and boss drops along with the right gifts, which change all the time with locations. Crafting can make all the difference in winning and losing.

4. torkil a

torkil a New Member

do not take my easy wins away :) .but joke`s aside you are rigth crafting is a big part of powering up one`s viking

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

10 from me! At least until they fix the gift sends. Maybe they can do away with them for now and bring them back when the gift sends are fixed in 2019.

6. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

this sounds like a plan

7. Kirsten

If yA do not want to send gifts then don't but do not take everyone's option to do so besides Kano would never remove it

8. Kirsten

Can I ask but r u a long time player?

9. SwiftlyInnocent

Honestly no but its I get almost 120 gifts a day and it kinda gets a bit annoying having to accept them of course they are nice for workshop but most of them you need to complete the challenges as well

10. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i disagree. i don't craft, and i don't need to. i don't think i would miss them if i logged on tonight and... what? no gifts? "Quit crying in my inbox and get yourself a tissue."

11. Kirsten

Well I get that many as well. sometimes I have the time to return if I don't I won't accept until I do have the time to return them, it is part of the games, has always been, if ya do not want to craft, then don't if ya don't want to send gifts, then don't but to ask for it to be gone, makes no sense, just cause you or a few do not like or think you need to craft, what about the countless others who do and want to craft and know the difference it makes.

12. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

I'm new at this too switfty. Right now, gifts are pretty pointless for me. I don't craft at the moment for a few reasons. One, I already clobber the few people on my fight list. Two, there are very few people active at my level and no one attacks me so, I am not losing to attackers either. Three, if I crafted some of my crafts right now, I would actually lose strength because, some of my crafts would consume more than one item that I use in my fights. So, for me, there is no point in wasting money on crafts right now that won't help me and may even hurt me. That said, I do give 100 gifts every day and greatly appreciate all the people that gift me back. I know I will need to craft sooner or later and am glad I have the chance to gather the gifts up in advance. I do agree gifting could be improved to make it less time consuming etc. I hope all the trouble of gifting ends up being worth it. I know a lot of players feel it definitely is.

SwiftlyInnocent likes this.
  13. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I'd actually like to know how many people actually enjoy gifting. For me, the only effect it has on my gameplay is that I have to make time for the boring clickfest that is gifting and now and then I am limited in crafting by not having enough gifts. Both don't really make my game experience better.

SwiftlyInnocent likes this.
  14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'd like to get rid of gift's entirely as well (drop them off crafting items) but their is a problem with this, new players can use some if choose correctly..

15. SwiftlyInnocent

Its not that I dont like to send and receive gifts or even craft its just I dont know I think its more of the gifts. they are kinda useless other than the crafting part. then having the whole 100 gift limit isnt fair either

16. SwiftlyInnocent

yes this is true newbies can do so. and also helps them in fights at the beginning as well as throughout the game but. I dont know bunch of pros and cons

17. SwiftlyInnocent

By a collect all what do you mean? like you get craft items of that area by defeating that boss and being the needed level?

18. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

I would keep gifts, I don't see them harming anything in the game.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Kirsten

I am assuming he means rather than go thru the list of bosses that are dead and collecting one at at time, personally I don't ,mind that ( collecting them one at a time,I like to see if I got a FP, or what items I got, or if I forgot to get the min,damage ) but we have asked in the idea section for a collect all gifts,and then send all to the players we received from a gift from their wish list, especially since the white box thing, on FB lately, but if ya do it from Kano play there is not white box thingy.

StoneCK and Mabest like this.
  20. Kirsten

Never craft something from your inventory if you are still using it, never make something elite or legendary if you are still using it,you have to look and see what you are using before you craft it, or if ya gonna need it for an adventure. And yes it is good to look ahead and see what gift ya gonna need before you get to the next location,so when ya get there ,you can craft a boatload of an item. :) There will come a day when someone you are clobbering is crafting and you are not and then they are gonna clobber you,so do not dismiss crafting ,unless you just want to play these games like farmville.