FP's cost went up only for europeans?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by WOADLORD, Jan 14, 2015.

1. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

It's where Facebook identifies you as logging in from via your ip address

2. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Perhaps Kano track our ip's aswell ...who knows

3. ExtremeRules

ExtremeRules Member

I agree with the money going up in European countries, which Kano should of down more research on as they are now breaking international state statute exchange rate laws, which i was pretty certain they had somebody in LAW to deal with these issues before moving forward, it quotes from the state statue on the exchange of rates between 2 countries, If the amount in a bill of exchange specified is expressed in money or currency of any foreign country, then the amount due, exclusive of the damages payable thereon, must be ascertained and determined by the rate of exchange, or the value of such foreign currency at the time of the demand of payment." Which also express that any transaction between 2 people from different countries must work from the current exchange rate at the time of any transaction. Maybe KANO can get there legal team in to investigate there misdeeds as they are now in effect breaking the trading and currencies of the state statue and international law......the actual exchange rate between the dollar and english pound sterling stands at 1 dollar = 0.67 british pound sterling, so that makes 5 dollars stand at 3.35 british pound sterling whereas your are charging 4.02 british pound sterling..

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The recent change in FP cost is related to the application of EU VAT, which has nothing to do with the exchange rates.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. I can't tell you how frustrating it was for me not knowing anything about the changes, purchased some FP's whilst staying on Vancouver Island and still paid the tax!!
    I could almost see Kano HQ from where I was and still got charged because I was from the UK!!!!

6. MorbidMario

MorbidMario Member

That may be the case in Europe mi7ch but it is the exchange rate here in Aus that will stop us aussies from buying fp's until the exchange rate improves. I bought a $40 pack the other week and it cost me over $50 so I got 61 less fp's than someone from America for the same money. Won't be buying fp's for the foreseeable future when we're getting ripped off like that.

7. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

It's ok, it's not cheap for us aussies either. Our dollar ain't very strong at the moment compared to the USD. 1200 fp's comes close to 260 AUD. :/

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Unfortunately we can't do much with the exchange rates.

As a Canadian, I am feeling the pinch of a stronger US dollar myself right now. :(

S E T H likes this.
  9. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Nothing have been done yet, i give up, and i just do what i can with what i have..but i keep saying what i said at the beginning of this thread, NONE of the other games put their prices up, and guys at kano should know about this with all the games conventions they have.

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Again, to clarify, we (as in Kano Apps) do not set the tax rates; the VAT tax is set based on the region of the purchaser, which is what we are required to do by law by the European Union to continue selling our goods there. We will be making an adjustment to our FP offers for European purchases to help make things a bit more fair for them once we tie off our Facebook API 2.0 integration.

11. Bocce

Bocce Member

This has nothing to do with Kano, It falls squarely upon the EU. I think Kano and Mitch have been kind enough. Go bitch to your politicians that about this VAT. Kano does not receive the extra money, Kano has to report and pay that to the EU.

12. That's great news, even if you really don't have to. I'm sorry for my criticism earlier in this thread (Although I do feel you should have informed us better), just a bit fed up with all the negative changes. This is clearly a political move, an incredibly bad and desperate one from the EU (once again!).

Debating this further would turn this into a macroeconomics subject, which probably isn't something the moderators will be interested in.