[ZS] Fight List Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Jul 27, 2012.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I usually attack my fight list and rivals list then go off onto another tab for a while and come back later so i usually have some, but in the times where i actually stay on the game for more than 30 seconds at a time i see it a lot as well :p

2. Eraser

Eraser Member

Okay, Im going to propose some reasoning for you here. I may very well be wrong about what you're experiencing but hey maybe Im not.

On facebook, there are still a lot of people in your level range, so When your fight list is first generated there are more than the minimum number of people required by kano to be considered a fight list (I think it is 5). So You are not given any "out of range slayers"

You can easily run thru them, but the way the fight list works is it reloads every 15-30 or so... So you are still not given any out of range slayers because when your fight list was regenerated it was considered full enough.

15-30 minutes later, You get another "full" fight list of 5+ people that are in range, so you dont get any "out of range", and this just repeats itself.

The reason you get "out of range" on the other networks is because there is not 5 available to attack in range when list regenerates.

Just a suggestion as to why, as I said, I could be wrong.

3. Eraser

Eraser Member

I tell you what you do... Is make it a mixed ticket, Put something in there that they do answer to, along side what they wont answer to, and see if that works. lol.

4. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

outofrange.jpg
    I'm level 1338. This is the first time I've seen these. Try to level up a bit more and you should get them eventually.

5. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@SSO I can see that you've sent in a number of tickets through Support, although from what I can see they've all been responded to appropriately as needed. If you're having issues with the Support system, please let me know.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Survival, I have looked into your account to find out why this is occurring and here is some info.

When generating your fight list it looks for X number of players above and below your level who are currently Alive or may be out of the hospital based on when their health was last updated. Given how crowded it is near your level ALL of these players are typically in your range and the vast majority of them are hospitalized. Even if I were to bump this up to 2X they are still all in range.

Having said that having an empty fight list for 40+ minutes isn't the greatest is it. I will bring this up for discussion and see if we can't figure out a better way to handle these highly competitive/active level ranges. Once I have more to report I will gladly relay that info here and sorry it took so long to get you an answer about this.

7. Chima Ejim

Chima Ejim Banned

You should just make it so there are ALWAYS other slayers to fight. I can't wait around all day for the list to refresh. I have a life.

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Agreed. While the Undead Slayers were introduced to address short fight lists it is now an issue in that there are times when there is no one for you to fight at all. A solution for this will be explored and I will report back here when we have something to announce.

9. Chima Ejim

Chima Ejim Banned

Awesome! That would be great!

10. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Took a little while but FINALLY eh Survival ;)

If anyone is seeing some negative impact or has concerns with this change please let us know!

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Nope this has not been reverted, it just speaks of the activity in your level range. The hospital lobby is overloaded... I'll keep an eye on this though.

13. I disagree with expanding the fight list. 10% is bad enough particularly once the hired squad feature was added and threw game balance right out the window. A vast majority of players at high levels knew in advance how bad the fight list would be, but were in a hurry to level anyway. I suppose they were probably thinking "Kano will fix this at some point" but this is Kano we're talking about here, so I have 0 sympathy for your plight. I like a lot of you up there, but unless the issue of the hired squad is addressed I don't want the level range to be increased, unless maybe it's up only.

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

David, I am not sure where you got the notion we would be increasing the level range of "In-range" opponents but I assure you this has not occurred and to my knowledge isn't even on the radar. The changes discussed in this thread are about expanding the pool of eligible candidates to fight, that is all.

15. Well, okay. Carry on.