February 25th Developer Update II - New Characters

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Bad deal for the Blessed Thane

I did some calculating yesterday, and came to the conclusion that the Blessed Thane brings you a mere 41 more stam at Level 4001. 41 stam? Honestly, that's not enough in my eyes to warrant a change. And that's postulating that you have all your other stam influencing achievements. (Even though I hardly believe that someone on Level 4001 doesn't have all stam achievements)

Skalds on the other hand get energy really fast, with all achievements, they get over 1500 energy each day + the fast empire.

My suggestion would be that the Stam regen time for Blessed Thane and Pathfinder is reduced by more than 3 seconds. Maybe 10 seconds or so. Or maybe Stamina could regenerate faster than Energy, like it is for the first 3 available classes, because with all achievements concerning Energy and Stam for a Skald, you will receive Energy every 55 seconds, stam every 78 seconds.

Anyway, spending 100 FP for 41 more stam each day is pointless. Because, as I said, it takes almost forever to get the stam you could have gotten with 10 refills.

For 100 FP I get over 16000 Stam refilled, not going to reveal the full value.

In other words, it takes me over 400 days to get the same with the +41 stam refills. 400+ days. I don't know how others see it, but for me that's a pretty bad deal. In 400 days, I plan to be a Level 3000+ Viking, maybe even almost a Level 4000 Viking. And I plan to have 10 FP stam refills of 4000 and more then. I think that the current Blessed Thane is a waste of FP. True I was happy about faster stam, but some calculating showed me how wrong I was.

And remember, I was talking about a Level 4001 Viking with all achievements when I pointed out how bad a deal the Thane is.. Lower Vikings gain even less stam out of this. And people with higher stamina than me will find that it was an even worse deal. Suppose you have 3000 stam. 10 refills = 30.000 stam. 30k / 41 = roughly 750. 2 years.

So yes, the Blessed Thane is a bad deal. Skalds aren't and Pathfinders are half bad.

2. now that is some heavy calculating.the thanes should regain at least 10 seconds faster i will agree with you on that one.

3. after seeing how little the stam boost is I am tempted to go with the Skald. The original reason for me making my stamina excessively high was so that it would take a week to recharge. However in my specific situation my max energy is so low that even when I log on once or twice a day I'm already maxed out with an Explorer, so the energy benefit to the Skald is a null point for me as well. However I could see how the Skald would be the better of the two choices for these players with 1000+ energy, might even make the 2000 energy achievement seem less blazingly retarded.
    The income boost is the main reason that I would change my character which eliminates the Pathfinder altogether, especially at such a high cost...Overall my conclusion is this; Skald is best for active players that have high levels of energy and Thane is best for less active players or those with low levels of energy.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  4. Red

Red Member

Putting it that way it does seem the skald is the best, i thought that 3 seconds wouldn´t really make a change, i´m glad that i haven´t buyed it yet so i can think it over.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. icedfate

icedfate Member

new characters?

I just saw in the favor point store it says "new characters" there is a pathfinder, a blessed thane, and a skald viking.

could someone please explain this?

is it a new character class you can change yourself to?
    do they cost favor points?
    what are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

never mind....I just clicked on them, they cost 100 favor, the pathfinder gets faster energy and stamina, blessed than gets faster stamina and money, and the skald gets faster energy and money.....too bad I just bought more hired chiefs I would have liked to be a pathfinder

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  6. Das liebe Beil

These are new character classes.

Blessed Thane - Income every 42 minutes, Stam 3 seconds faster. Costs 100 FP and comes with a full set of FP weapons

Skald - Income every 42 minutes, Energy refills 10 seconds faster than for Explorers, 1:10 for Merchants/Warriors. Costs 100 FP and comes with a full set of FP weapons.

Pathfinder - Income every hour, Stam 3 seconds faster, Energy 10 or 70 seconds faster, depending on your previous class. Costs 100 FP and comes with a full set of FP weapons.

Pros: Faster regeneration of 2 attributes. (Stam/Energy/Income)
    Cons: Cost 100 FP. Faster stam doesn't amount to much. (41 more each day at Level 4001. I calculated it. Getting the equal of 10 10FP stam refills takes months/years.)

Recommended class: Skald. Energy faster (55 seconds at Level 4001 with the 2000 Energy achievement) and income faster.

Not really recommended: Pathfinder and Blessed Thane. Stam refill ratio isn't fast enough to warrant a change to either class. Sure, faster Income or faster Energy is nice, but Skalds have both.

7. icedfate

icedfate Member

ty for the advice..I didnt realize your energy regen gets so fast later...is it worth spending all those skill points to get the 2000 energy seeing as you only get 500 back on a level up?

and the energy to xp ratio sucks donkey balls, and then theres the fact that once you complete all the adventures, energy is worthless, as it is, I open a new adventure every 20 levels and I master each adventure in 5 levels and have to grind 15 more levels to get to the next adventure

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  8. Das liebe Beil

Well, I don't even have the 1000 Energy acheivement and the Skald allows me to get almost full Energy every day. When you have all achievements influencing Energy, Skalds will regenerate over 1500 Energy daily. So, yes, it is worth it.

9. actually I like the faster energy and stamina. Money is limitless either leveling up faster or investing more into properties, will bring you more money with each tick. so I rather go for the faster energy, and 41 extra stamina a day, currently is an extra 5289 xp at current. least if my math is correct with average xp per attack being 129 and increasing.

10. Das liebe Beil

41 more stam at Level 4001 and with the 1500 Stam achievement. At your level it will be way less. I guess about 20, not sure about your Level.

And icedfate, Adventure Drops are often better than the bought weapons. I have some adventure Drops from Jotunheim that I still battle with, when attacked. And once you reach Helheim, the drops are better at att and or def than anything you can buy and has a reasonable upkeep.

11. Red

Red Member

Well i have the warrior viking, the ultimate fail, so almost everything is good for me, but i just found that the explorer viking and pathfinder/skald only share a 10 second difference , the explorer viking takes like 2:25 to recharge, and the skald /pathfinder 2:15, kano is really conservative.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  12. cept skald gets faster income than explorer and pathfinder gets faster stam

13. Red

Red Member

yeah i know, i meant the energy.

It´s 100fp, warrior vikings should get a discount we never really had benefits.

14. Nick Albert

Nick Albert New Member

So I'm totally going for the Pathfinder Viking. Faster energy and stamina? Heck yes. Faster empire income seems like it would be useless to me, I never keep my income very high above my upkeep. Plus you gain plenty from doing adventures/killing fools so I don't see the point.

I do have a question though before I fork out the 100 FP's. You keep all stats and items owned previously right? And just gain the 3 items that come with each new viking? My personal equipment is A LOT better than the items that come with the new vikings is why I'm asking. The new items would just go to my clan to use in battle which still makes me quite a bit stronger, but I don't want to lose my 170/190, 190/170, 292/90 items

15. Maler

Maler Member

you don't lose the items, only by removal, you can lose them :)

16. Nick Albert

Nick Albert New Member

Awesome, thanks :)