February 25th Developer Update II - New Characters

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

6 new characters have been released to Viking Clan today. These characters have a minimum level requirement of level 100 and cost 100 FP's each.

The new characters are as follows:

Pathfinder Vikings - faster Energy & Stamina regen
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Blessed Thane Vikings - faster Stamina & Empire Income regen
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

There is an image limit on the post. Continued below...

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

New characters continued:

Skald Vikings - faster Energy & Empire Income regen
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can select a new character the following 2 ways:
    • Gods -> New Characters
    • Profile -> Select Character
    This will spawn the new Character Selector. Click each character icon to see a full sized image along with their stats and the requirements (if any) that you need to purchase them.
    [​IMG]

Feedback on these new characters is appreciated!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  3. [PIMP] Parasurama The Bl00dAxe Legend Level 2054 Blessed Thane Viking

for the brief time ive had it i like it.

4. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

So going to become a Blessed Thane, too. I don't care if it costs me 100FP, I must have this change.

240 times income per week. Damn, now I have to change my calculating table for Empire and the amortizing rates of buildings.

Nice change, quite expensive, but if you factor in the 3 FP weapons you get, it becomes acceptable.

5. silverfire

silverfire New Member

This is indeed a good change, found it a few hours ago, picked Blessed Thane as well. :)

The other two classes aren't bad, just don't suite my fast paced playing style. Nice new feature!

6. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

This is almost exactly what I would have posted, had I been earlier to the forum!!

7. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Crud. Only 5 FP at the moment. But I want the Blessed Thane Viking. Right now I have the Merchant, so its not that bad.

8. oh the blessed thane is awesome.

seems like its popular so far

maybe you can get Eddie to change you over to the blessed thane :rolleyes:

9. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

I was thinking about switching from the warrior to the merchant anyhow. It became a no-brainer to make the switch to the Blessed Thane when it was created!

10. Das liebe Beil

Well, Warrior Vikings are the ultimate fail. Healing faster brings you exactly nothing. It was useless when healing was only partially and it is useless now.

Very good that neither of the New Vikings has accelerated healing. You don't need it.

I'm going to buy some FP's in the next days and get myself the Thane.

11. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

These new characters do indeed look cool and the new generation times are impressive.

I do however have a couple questions...lol. Will the time reductions for the different attribute regeneration times that are currently being awarded for certain achievements still be awarded to these new characters and their improved regeneration times?

Will the players that already got those time reduction achievement rewards well b4 the introduction of these new characters be able to have these reduction achievements subtracted off the new times of the new characters retroactively?

The reason I ask....It seems that all but one of the new times it takes to regenerate the different attributes is better than what i already have...even after ive already received numerous time reduction achievements.

Am i mistaken to think that unless the time reduction rewards already achieved are reapplied to the new character times once a new character is purchased....that a player much lower in level when purchasing one of the new characters and has not yet received all or any of the time reduction achievement rewards will have the distinct advantage of having most if not all the time reduction reward subtracted from the already lower times of the new characters?

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Any of the time reductions earned via achievements WILL be applied to any character that you select. If you test out the new character selector you will clearly see which regen times increase/decrease as they are highlighted in green and red respectively.

You should see a decrease in regen times for at least 2 of the stat categories over one of the 6 original characters. I am testing right now with an Explorer Viking with all achievements that affect regen times and each of the 6 new characters show me 2 stats that regenerate faster.

13. Das liebe Beil

Well, I took a look at the new characters with my FB and my myspace Viking. The myspace Viking has better stats. So yes, the achievements reduce the already better time.

14. None of Characters have Horns Like most Vikings .. :(
    i still like new upgrade of change your look of Avatar :)
    will be good to have tree different looks on each Character so players can choice different faces and dress tips and skin colour ..

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Eddie

Eddie Member

@Polish

Why do you keep posting if you quit?

I assume you are playing under a different name now...

16. Eddie you are talking to yourself. You just deleted your Pimpin account thats all, Pimp/You are still playing your Legend character. If you're still confused ask the Professor. She can explain everything.

17. love the blessed thane.all 3 seem nice but i want that stam and empire.

18. To the main point here. I wish there was an option to purchase a new class change minus the 3 weapons for a mere 25 FP. (each weapon by itself is 25 x3 would be a reduction of 75)
    100 FP is a lot for some players, myself included to drop down all at once.

19. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I like the descriptions of the 3 new types when you go to switch characters.

20. Eddie

Eddie Member

@Towel
    All jokes aside, it is a serious question I am asking...