Endworld

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wastelander, Dec 19, 2010.

?

Where would a starting setting sound like more fun.

1. American south west

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. American north east

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Europe

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  4. Austraila

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wastelander

Wastelander New Member

Been curious lately, as to why there haven't been any post-apocalyptic app games made. I think this may actually be a pretty fun setting for a game. :D

2. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Because people would compare it to the likes of Fallout. And this is serious competition. Nevertheless, a post-apocalyptic game could be fun. Maybe even with Good or Evil missions. Some missions you can only do as evil person, some only as a good. Like freeing slaves / enslaving people.

3. antoris

antoris Member

Isn't Zombie Slayer post-apocalyptic in nature?

4. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Zombie Slayer is more or less a fight to end the Apocalypse. I think, he meant something like the Fallout Scenario. Many years after the nuclear world war the hero goes to the outside world and explores the wasteland.

5. Wastelander

Wastelander New Member

Well, something along the lines of Global Thermonuclear War. I was actually thinking more along the lines of a total crash of the net due to a freak solar event. That in its self would cause a fantastic amount of chaos and destruction. Missiles fire off due to the shutdown, Bio weapons release, toasters attack homemakers... that kinda thing.

6. Wastelander

Wastelander New Member

Actually, I have a book full of potential scenerios, settings, stats, and other such things for a game already. I just have no idea how to write programing for apps.lol

7. Jme

Jme Member

I think this idea has merit. A lot of people are into all sorts of different post-apocalyptic scenarios. But, I think the Fallout series has pretty well cornered the market for the SW USA, as well as the capitol area. Around New England could be fun though. I do think it should take place in a different post-apocalypse environment than what's already out there. Idk about any of you, but I'm getting bored with post-nuclear this and post-zombie that. How about post alien invasion, or meteor crash, or something.