elite captains

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hellhavenofury:), Nov 16, 2015.

1. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

thanks kano for fixing this .now when you click on a highlighted join elite captains it actually is gonna fill a spot in mine.cant tell you how mant times i used to have to click this and have it say theirs was already filled.small improvements are impotrant to

Kirsten and Smack like this.
  2. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

yes, but i checked requests last night, and there were only a handful (less than 10) that i could fill. are we sure this is working properly? there used to be a hundred requests each day that were invalid, now there's only a few that are available, it seems.

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

There used to be hundreds of "invalid" requests as you say, so what changed is that you should only be seeing the valid ones you can join. Is this not a better solution rather than clicking on numerous Elite requests you can't fill?

Chasity, JADES, mi7ch and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Actually no. Because joining someone's elites if they have a spot open, simply because you were in their elites the last go around, you can no longer join them again until they post for them again. Even though they have an "in 7 day" request on their profile.
    Not sure why this cannot be fixed.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I joined someone's earlier from a 3 day old request,in PC today,and yes I have seen the hundreds of invalid requests in one of the games I used to play and it was a PIA clicking on them to find one that really had an opening

6. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

the point is now no more clicking on a code and it saying already filled if its in bold it is open instead of clicking 40 or 50 like i used to have to do in pc and vc to fill my contracts

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

The one thing I do notice is that the "Join Elites" button is gone from the profile pages now, and you have to click on the actual request to join. Now that I've gotten used to it, it's much better. The reason why it seems that there aren't many active requests is because it is easier for players to fill them now without all the needless clicks.

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I usually tended to fill my elites from our guild when I needed them, the button does seem to have disappeared from profile page. Are you positive this didn't change without having them to send a new invite out? It's not that big of deal, but also I do like the whited out links when searching from social feed when in a rush. Oh well it's better overall.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

No change was made to the profile page. If the player has not recently requested for people to fill their elites this button will not show. This is how it has always operated.

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Ugh. You're not getting it. Let me see if I can explain it another way.
    Before the change, if an active request was in the feed for less than 7 days, the "Join Elites" button would be on the profile.
    After the change, even though there is an active request less than 7 days old, the "Join Elites" button is gone.
    So you're saying that I have to repost my request every day so that it's "recent" and the "Join Elites" button will stay on my profile? First, that doesn't make any sense. Second, that's a lie. I'll won't even bother trying it to confirm it.
    Additionally, one of my pals that was in my elites when I posted my screenshot had a spot available because I didn't refill it yet. His link was grayed out so I could not fill it from the feed, AND the "Join Elites" button is not on his profile, so I cannot fill his spot.
    I could have posted more screenshots as examples, but 1) I'm tired, and 2) I shouldn't have to.
    This has been going on since the update was made. There have been numerous complaints in more than one thread, and we keep going around in circles. If I knew anything about coding, I would post it that way so that maybe you would understand, but unfortunately I don't. If anyone at Kano took 5 minutes to actually play the game, we wouldn't have to post screenshots and repeated explanations that THIS IS NOT WORKING THE WAY IT USED TO.

Mabest likes this.
  12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well Smack sorry to say your not understanding what we mean, the pop-up never required this before if "active"
    Chitty mock up picture but this is what people are referring to.....

Captures.PNG
    It is gone/non existent now.........

Mabest and Kirsten like this.
  13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Forget it. I know you all have more important things to do like rolling out the raid boss tab and releasing new locations that most of us won't be able to get to or benefit from for years. I just won't post my elite request again since it will be active off and on forever. And if I ever need any myself, I know I'll be able to go through all of the requests until I find some from a couple of weeks or so ago for non-daily players to fill mine. Problem solved!

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I understand it's easy to get frustrated if you perceive we're not picking up what you're putting down, but contrary to popular belief we (I know I do) play our games, just maybe not as often as some of you guys (which is OK, because these games are also our job). I definitely remember this working the same way before so from my perspective nothing has changed, and if the developer who made the changes says that he did not touch the code for this particular function, then I believe him. :)

Smack likes this.
  15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

OK, if nothing is different I just took these pics. How does one profile page have the "join elite button" and the other doesn't?

Capturem1.PNG

Mabest likes this.
  16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Because the one on the left does not have an active request for Elite Chieftains and the one on the right does.

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Look at feed again top post active post in his feed (left pic asking for chieftains)

Mabest likes this.
  18. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Jades I'll have another look at this. While there was no direct changes to the Profile page itself there may be something going on with the feed post data where the changes did occur that has affected this.

Mabest, mi7ch and JADES like this.
  19. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Please do Smack, because Jades is right. This is the same thing I have been saying.
    The change the Dev's made, while in some respects it works fine, in others it doesn't work. I could not rejoin my son's elites, even though he had a 2 day old request, simply because I was in his last ones. The link shouldn't work like this. If an elite request is good for 7 days, it should be available for 7 days. Period.

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I have some humble pie ready for @Smack and I to eat if it turns out we were on the wrong side of this one. Unfortunately the only humble pie I could find looks like this:

[​IMG]

JADES likes this.