Counter Attack cost explained

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by Eric, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

As you have noticed there have been some changes to counter attacks. They have been changed to remove vulnerabilities and misuse of the system. The changes are as follows:

-You cannot set a counter attack on someone who hasn't previously attacked you within the last 24 hours. Attacks are battles only, axe slaps and bounties are not counted.

-Counter attack pricing is now based off of cashflow (income-upkeep) and strength between two players.If the player placing the counter attack is a greater level, the cost is based more on the greater of the two cashflows ( between the 2 players )

-Discounts are given if your opponent has attacked more and price is increased if you have attacked more. Attacks are battles only, axe slaps and bounties are not counted. Attack counts between players are reset if there is 24 hours of inactivity (no attacks). Note that the already set counter attacks themselves are never reset or removed. Price is also increased if multiple counter attacks are set on the same person.

-Counter attack allocations start at 100, every 15 levels you advance that allocation drops by 1 to a minimum of 10. Eg. Level 15 you are allowed 99
    counter attacks, Level 30 allowed 98 counter attacks ...

-Base Counter attack costs are capped at your opponent's bounty price (before discounts/increases).

-Successful counter attacks now count as an attack against your opponent.

We are also reviewing the counter attacks achievements to accommodate these new rules.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member

This is a good update, except makes getting the 2500 counter attacks achievement impossible to get, correct me if I am wrong please.

3. Diva

Diva Member

Counter Attack theory has a great many flaws, it appears

Yes: it will make getting your 2,500 achievement virtually impossible.

Next: It appears that this new policy was instituted to prevent the abuse by one man and his mini.

A mini is a second account, which is a violation of the Facebook TOS and when one person uses two accounts to advance themself in the game - that is CHEATING.

So - a new rule regarding counters hurts the 160,000 people who don't cheat in the game in order to halt the cheating of two people in the game.

Do you support the use of mini's - if so, why? If not - what do you intend to do about it?

Do you realize that the person who is the worst cheat in this game boasted that he never spent a dime and considers anyone who did invest in this game an IDIOT - happy to post that quote if you haven't seen it yet.

Are you calling me an IDIOT for playing by the rules?

That's what it seems like from my perspective.

4. stoef

stoef New Member

"Yes: it will make getting your 2,500 achievement virtually impossible."

I agree, and with less than 600 counters needed for the achievement, not so stoked.

5. sandman

sandman New Member

yeah im sure that person is AJMOBWARSROCKS this ass^%^^^(( named copey!! has over 50 accts!! just to get his tiop acct way up to the very TOP!@ he has always cheated dbut whwenm the old mopbwars was around i wooped on him like redheaded stepchild!! sandman67 untouchables

6. Eddie

Eddie Member

Why are you all so worried about other people getting ahead and cheating? I met a few of those when going up, and yeah they might get in your way with 1 bounty, but they go broke after that. I don't think it's such a big problem. But the new counter formula is umm a bit pricey?

But I guess that was the intention in the beginning but the admins didnt adjust it after the new empire updates, so it evens out?

7. Eric

Eric Administrator

Hi Eddie, we realize 2500 is too much and are working to change that so it is more manageable. We will be posting an update soon.

8. rpr reaper

rpr reaper New Member

-Counter attack allocations start at 100, every 15 levels you advance that allocation drops by 1 to a minimum of 10. Eg. Level 15 you are allowed 99
    counter attacks, Level 30 allowed 98 counter attacks ...

-Counter attack pricing is now based off of cashflow (income-upkeep) and strength between two players.If the player placing the counter attack is a greater level, the cost is based more on the greater of the two cashflows ( between the 2 players )

Since I use counterattacks as a defensive tool, these combo of changes will eventually cripple me. This will allow stronger players to walk all over me and make it too expensive for me to defend or gain any ground.

I can understand the understand the other changes.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member

Thanks! But should reward those who got the 2500 already ;) (like me lol)

10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Eric,

You might want to hold off on the changes to the counter achievements however large they are. It would seem that they will still be used by lower levs and higher levs. At the higher levs, its to try and kill each other with an "active" counter. At the lower levs, the passive counters will still be in use. This would be a wait and see thing to me if I was Odin for a day!

BTW, from my feedback, the higher levs and the lower levs can use the new method of countering well. It might actually have bored someone at the high levels to be able to battle again :)

11. Hel

Hel New Member

mmmkayyy...

:confused:

I use counters for 3 main reasons: to stop my health being sucked up while bounty hunting, to defend in the numerous times I have multiple players attacking at once (as in EVERY time I drink the magic elixer), and to sort out those pesky hit-and-hiders.

If sucessful counters are counted as an attack - this would mean the price would till rise on a counter even though I am not attacking back, just trying to deter? Some people dont get the message in a hurry... seems a bit counter-intuitive for a defense mechanism.

Also, when battling, I chose to fight the person giving me the best xp, the closest battle. If you raise the cost of the weaker opponents (who are getting great attack xp, but are rubbish for me to attack because they are weaker) I end up paying more for people I am simply trying to deter.

And I agree with the achievement thing, as mentioned by others.

Suggestion: can we have a message saying "I'm busy!!" Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to send that.

:p

12. OLAF

OLAF New Member

counter attacks

This is my forst time on the forum . Also I am a Senior Citizen , so this is all new territory to me . What I find confusing about Counter Attacks is that often I buy a counter attack and it doesnt work ..ie the attacker still rides rough-shod over me . I n other case when I attack someone who has counter attacked me it seems to last forever no matter how many times I hit the user. Confused ... how long does a Counter attack last ? 24 HOURS ? ..yours a little confused .. Enjoying the game immensly none the less . regards :):confused:

13. a counter last until you remove it or until the user hits it.now if your attacked while on bounty list the counter wont work.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010