Clarification please

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jillian Thyra Johansson, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I haven't seen much on the compensation given to H5 players. What I would like to have clarified is this: Was Kano going to compensate them by giving them favor points in order to start a NEW account in either FB or MS OR were they going to give them fp even if they were already playing in those sites with existing accounts?

If it is the latter, then I would cry foul!!! First of all, it isn't Kano's fault H5 dropped the games. Secondly, giving favor points to an existing account in either FB or MS would be grossly unfair to the others playing those apps and could potentially change the entire make up of the top 10. As someone who wasn't given a hand up, I would be furious if that were to happen.

So please, explain what your final decision was on that subject.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I do believe the compensation was given for a "new" account, of course most of us know alot of players all ready had accounts , they had not played for awhile, so we now prob have a new bunch of alts, but let me see what I can find out, I imagine they cannot use whatever compensation they received,for any of their old accounts.

Boy was I wrong :(

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
  3. Thank you, Linda, I would appreciate your help in finding out. It would appear that PERHAPS a couple of existing players, already in the top 30 may have gotten fp for their h5 accts and are using them in long established accts. in MSPC. I'm not at all certain, but I would like to know. I worked hard to get where I am so I wouldn't like to think that Kano MAY have done that.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I forwarded your concern to the dev's hopefully they can tell us soon.

5. Thank you. I appreciate your help. :)

6. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

As you know, Hi5 deciding not to carry our games any longer was both a surprise and something we had absolutely no control over. We did our best to fairly compensate and support players who had invested time and $$ in a platform that was no longer supporting them. The transfer packages were our way to do that.

We did do transfer packages for players with existing accounts on other networks, however there were very specific criteria taken into account for those situations.

It's important to note, however, that transfer packages were not handouts. There were designed to allow players to enjoy the same kinds of game interactions they enjoyed on Hi5 on another network, if they met certain criteria of course.

The long and short of it is that yes, some pre-existing accounts may have been able to do transfers if a set of criteria was met, however there wouldn't have been anything done to unbalance the game. We spent a lot of time working on the transfer to ensure that it was done fairly for both Hi5 players and players on the existing networks.

If you're concerned about specific players possible abusing a package or getting an unfair advantage, please email in the specifics to support and we can look for you there.

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

wow did not know that it went to existing accounts, this explains alot :(

8. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

if the compensation didnt unbalance the game how is it that some players have been able to go 1500 levels higher after they got the compensation

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

from Wonder Bread's post above: If you're concerned about specific players possible abusing a package or getting an unfair advantage, please email in the specifics to support and we can look for you there.

10. No, I think every player in MSPC this is affecting should be able to see what's happening here. While I suspected this would be your answer, and thank you for answering truthfully, I am OUTRAGED that you have done this. In what world could you POSSIBLY think this is okay? You have given at least two players in the top 30 the tools to pass up all the hard-working players who weren't give fp for NO GOOD REASON!!! As you said, it was not Kano's fault that H5 dropped the games. You shouldn't have given ANY compensation to those players, that was beyond your control and life happens. Now you have created a situation of GROSS unfairness to all the MSPC players who earned their levels fair and square, spent their money on your game too. HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU JUSTIFY THAT???? All I can say is.....this better be returned to the way it was OR you give everyone they passed up using fp given to them for nothing the same amount of fp. You really stepped in it here, Kano. You have screwed over all the players who were playing MSPC with this one. How you can't see that is amazing to me and several others in the top 30 who have already been passed up like they were standing still by these people.

I'm still shaking my head at how glaringly obvious it is that these players have been given an unfair, totally undeserved, advantage over all of the existing MSPC players. It is unfortunate that H5 screwed over their customers the way they did. And, if you listen to the rampant rumor mill, myspace may do the same thing eventually. And if they do, I don't feel Kano owes me anything for that. It is out of Kano's control. But......by doing what you have done for the H5 players, Kano, you just made it your fault. Now fix it!!!

11. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

it really is unfair to all that play. it is quite obvious to anyone that has seen those players level as much as they did in the short time given

12. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

1) you have no idea IF that transfer was even made. since there was a criteria that had to be met.
    2) you have no idea IF a transfer was made IF it went to their ms or fb acct. since i know at least 1 of the 2 you are whining...i mean talking about have one on both.
    3) you have no idea what was transferred and IF it was enough to make things unbalanced.
    4) you have leveled quickly before. OUTRAGEOUS!
    5) one of the users you are referring to has leveled quickly before and held that #1 position for a bit but usually hung at the top
    6) this user might just take you over faster if I decided to help them out and let him level off me. somethin' ive never done or supported in this game but this just makes me wanna
    7) stop feigning outrage just cos youre about to lose that #2 position

i was gonna stop at 3 but i find the outrage, outrageous ;p

13. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Rest assured...specifics will and have already been sent to support. The unfairness of this is mind boggling and particularly when an unsaid forum moderator was banned after he basically told, Kano to stick it where the sun don't shine (extremely censored) and simply because he didn't get his own way on how HE expected to be compensated regarding the H5 fiasco. Now, we're told this person ihas been rewarded for his disgusting behavior? Really?

H5 was NOT Kano's responsibility BUT this mess certainly is. As Jillian said...FIX IT!

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Rest assured if you're after me on this,I DIDN'T GET A PACKAGE CAUSE I WENT BERSERK AND GOT BANNED and didn't get a package cause I was furious.Kano will be happy to verify that.

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I owe my recent leveling success to Ben and $$$$$.

16. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Oh my weren't you banned? How is it that you can still post in here? I believe you about as much as I believe that the world is going to end in 2012! However, as I said I will send all of the specifics I have in to, Kano. If what you say is true, then don't sweat it ;-)

17. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

LOL ooorrr just look at his old profile here that says BANNED on it. either or

nah...fake specifics always sounds cooler anyway

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Kano knows this is me.If they wanted me gone they would have banned this account too.
    Believe me I wish I didn't go off on Kano like that,but too late to take it back and too late for the FP package now.
    Oh well,big mistake on my part,but life goes on.

That's as close to a apology as I'll get lol.
    Don't really make much difference now though.

HAD I gotten the package though,I'd of been #2 already.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  19. #1) I didn't say WHO I suspect AND Kano admitted they gave the fp.
    #2) You must be psychic, DOG, since I didn't give any names. Are you making ASSumptions?
    #3) I didn't say I knew how much, but, if it is what I suspect, it was thousands of fp. At least I say IF. Can you read?
    #4) I spent favor points earned or purchased...........not given.
    #5) Since you have no idea whom I am referring to.......since I didn't name names........again you are making ASSumptions.
    #6) Go ahead and do any legitimate, non-favored play you want to. I couldn't care less what you do, DOG.
    #7) No pretense here. The outrage is genuine IF Kano handed anyone a huge amount of fp for something that was not their responsibility and therefore changed the game unfairly.
    #8) You can't be objective if your life depended upon it because you are a loser. Stop making your assumptions and lame declarations and learn to play the game.

20. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Okay this is me as a player and not a moderator. But i posted back when they were doing hi5 packages and yet there was only a few of us who said it was not right they were getting these packages. Everyone knows if you play a game and you leave the game is that company required to give you your money back no. Is the company also required to compensate you because the network decided to drop the games no there not either. But yet there was only a few of us who were on that did voice are opinions and yet it still happened. All i can say now is do what everyone else is doing if your running across these hi5 players that are abusing the issue and kano will not step in then work together and pummel there butts and teach them a lesson its not going to happen. That is what is going on in pirate clan right now and more and more of these hi5 players that are abusing are now starting to see that even players who have had issues with one another are working together to stop them from there tactics. They may have done some crap stuff on hi5 but there not going to do it on the other networks and think no players are going to stop them. And its not all hi5 players its just a certain few knuckleheads. And if your a hi5 player and you do not like what i wrote easy to find in pirate clan my main game reaper of bounties come get some win or lose you will know i was there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.