Chrome Tool Bar

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craig Day, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

I wonder how long this is gonna stay up. If you are aware of the Chrome Tool Bar and logging those actions, why are these people still allowed to play? It says to me, Yes we know they are cheating but we are just keeping track. It is my opinion that just one single key stroke using that is cheating. They should be suspended immediately. Do not pass Go. Do not Collect $200.00. Why should I continue to play while these people are collecting bounties and level 6000s are healing as well as I am? Frankly, I do not care if you boot em. Suspend em. Perhaps some kind of other form of punishment such as a loss of level or coins. Its really not hard for us long term players to figure out who is using that thing. Especially someone like me that places alot of bounties and watchs the magical healing. But most of all expose em publicly. Allow all to see who has cheated. I know that goes against policy but frankly these people are thumbing their nose at you. I have more information regarding who has this but will not reveal it in a public[​IMG] forum

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Agreed

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I didn't think I'd have to spell it out specifically given how often I've said it in the past, but I suppose that I need to continue to do so. We're logging actions and are in communication with the players we have identified as using browser extensions or any other method of enhancing their play and then we dole out the appropriate punishment.

Smack likes this.
  4. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

Craig, the problem is you accuse just about EVERYONE of cheating. Sometimes when you first get online, i expect you will list me. If I see you list me in time, I click the heal button as much as possible. (the normal heal button in the game). Sometimes I make it 20, 30 seconds at most.....

Today, you listed me 3 or 4 times, and I didn't even bother to try to click "heal" and last on the list at all, and you still accuse me of cheating in the World Chat! I know 100% I DO NOT CHEAT. I have no toolbar. I have heard of such a thing, but I do not have it, and never will. I get what I can get by playing the right way. My levels are hard-earned, and my bounty kills are all hand clicks.

Craig: You accuse almost everyone of cheating. --- Kind of reminds me of a Republican wingnut who says "Obama is a Kenyan who will destroy the USA!" (Meanwhile they invest in declining gold, and missed the stock market move from 6500 in 2008 to 17,000 today). Wait, I got off point...

Final Analysis: You accuse many people of cheating. You have for years. You say publicly: "RVV Cheats".. or you list me, then say "wow, sure heals well" insinuating that I cheat. Then other.... other, uh, "easily impressionable players" in the World chat assume you are telling the truth. They assume that I and a whole bunch of folks cheat who do not and never have. You stoke that fire of slander, I'll say in here I disagree fully with that type of action. Don't come in here and say "I won't list names" of who you think cheats. If you you are OK with 'inferring" it in WC, then state it here.

I usually don't post in these forums, but just wanted to make you aware that alot of people who do not cheat and never have, are tired of being 'inferred' as cheaters. Perhaps the reason folks do not get banned is because they do not cheat. I stand on my word personally that I have not and never would.

PS. Kano, pls take a look at my trouble tik of a couple days ago, banned first time because I said a curse word in Jest. :) I will not do it again. :) I'm not even too concerned about chatting, but you have blocked me from posting my nice boss links to the other players. (See, I am one of those players who enjoys the game, and posts nice bosses to help other people in the game get good drops!) So if you could allow me to post boss links again, would be great, ty :-D

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Alright folks, before this goes to far please remember that if you have any reports to make please send them to Support, and discussion of Support investigations is not permitted in the forums.

6. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

is so very fun to see you writ this Craig. Last night you accused me to use things like this. My only reply in this is............. If think so be my guest and report me :))) never had and will never have some to hide............. to you maybe i shall say then in your self you know others :)))))))))))))) but i dont think you do cheat.... go a head report me

Kris Lee DUke likes this.
  7. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

Goes too far? All I did was pick on paranoid Republicans. (And no, I am not a Democrat!) I apologize to any Republicans I may have offended....

All play aside and on a serious note though, I wanted only to let Craig know that I disagree with the way he states things in World Chat on this issue. This forum feels like the only place I can address him about what I consider to be slander and inappropriate in my opinion. There is nothing I need to report personally though. Just wanted to get that one point out. That is all, back to the game :)

Susanne Rautelius likes this.
  8. The Rogue Avenger

The Rogue Avenger New Member

All servers have a responce time , some fast some slow, also depense who is hitting you + and your connection speed, so all with a decent health can heal for some time, how about remove the healing when listed , problem solved ! or lets say max 1 min, up to Kano, a big health was supposed to be good for bosses, not seing a person on the bounty list for 8 hours.lol

Susanne Rautelius likes this.
  9. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

The Chrome Toolbar is old news. Typical for the OP to chime in now especially when Kano can fully detect it in use and deal with the people stooping to use it, on its own. There are much worse problems than that toolbar out there. And folks like Smack are all over it. What is tough is that some of these things appear to be business decisions when dumping a player. I saw 3 get banned permanently, who did not pay to play, yet the 2 whales - people who pay lots of money to play - did not. Odd or not, 1 of them, was the person who spread it.

Meantime, healing itself is a bad sign of anything going on untoward. The battle calculation dictates how much health you are taking out of people, with their health and defence critical, not just the attackers. Of course if a person is cheating and a few are (not many), they have the healing covering in their setup, 1 computer with scripts or 2 computers. I believe 2 computers is banned just as 2 mice are. Detectable? Hard. But they did announce a detection that is in in place to do so. I actually like what Kano is doing on the detection side. The business side of what they do with the cheats, that is another story.

Kris Lee DUke likes this.
  10. Craig Day

11. Craig Day

Perhaps I misinterpreted "logging". To me that means you are keeping track not taking action. If you are doing something about it fine. But, frankly I still see it occurring. As to the comments of the others. Me thinks thou protesteth too much. I would suggest that perhaps you should take into consideration that no names were mentioned. Yet I hear I am accusing. Nice healing might be a sarcastic comment but not an accusation. If I said so and so you are cheating thats an accusation. Hey I heard you could join that Google thing and pay your 8 bucks and then could see a list of your fellow users.

Kirsten likes this.
  12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

13. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

One point of caution with any list of any toolbar users, that one pays access to see, or becomes a member of a usergroup to look around. Impersonation is easy on the net and using a dummy email address and investing a few bucks can make anyone look like a player or user of any tool. The question to ask would a cheat really use their VC name in such a group or on such a list???? Don't suppose that crossed anyone's mind ...

The best way to deal with any suspected tool bar use is to contact support v. spouting off on it to the adoring public. I know what I find, I simply turn over to help KanoApps in their detections and investigations, and if I have an idea on that detection or any others, I don't keep it to myself either. The game is way more fun without short cuts. There is also I add an active program in place by KanoApps to detect the toolbars. See this http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/update-on-manual-freezes-and-tracking.13267/ and the Update July 22.

And I remind and repeat the words of the Community Manager:
    "A lot of these updates came about in part because of members of the community who are assisting us in helping us make the game fair for everyone." i.e. make a positive contribution here to everyone's benefit.

In my humble opinion, going overboard in World Chat like some people have, making accusations "ruins" only the game itself. If what is said is true, is one thing. Support can handle it. If on the other hand, its a product of incomplete research and thought, it is doing a disservice to the game, the players - people - who play fairly, and the company that supports them.

On the last subject, when one thinks someone else is cheating, it may be a case of not understanding what "they" do which might be quite creative and something few do but still entirely legitimate. As an example, I was "there" doing something in VC FB that players in Myspace were doing long before, that is actually available in this very forum, that the FB folks could not understand how I did what I did. It was not magic. It was not cheating. The accusations were loud, cruel, and out of hand with folks messaging me if I was alright with the more slanderous stuff going around but note, there were no apologies when the accusers started to do the exact same thing. Moral of the story? Be prepared to accept you can lag a game and its game play at times as a player. And if you are not prepared to do the same things, to compete, don't cry wolf, just compete with who you can. And if you want to throw disparaging remarks around, do so, but the only person to suffer from it is likely yourself and your own reputation.

I can assure my friends, that I have seen KanoApps take actions and in some cases, actions I don't completely understand, but when something is ongoing, naturally they will not comment. Justice in some cases, has to be delayed, as some people using various means to break the TOU are skilled and very difficult to discern. Some can call others behaviour "inhuman" yet in some cases, the person on the end of the accusation, might be in very different circumstances that ones own experiences can think of or relate to. Support can however find out and take the proper action.

Aardvark and mi7ch like this.
  14. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i'll just never understand why people cheat...wheres the challenge in that? unless the challenge to them is being able to get away with it. whats the point in cheating at something like viking clan? i find it way more satisfying building up and doing things how youre supposed to then finding ways to take any challenge out of it just for pointless gloating

15. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

AMEN !!!!!!! To that Demonik