Changes to the Raid Event Effective October 8

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Besides the fact that leveling fast is gonna make you weak, against players who have played for years, and that will probably make it less fun in the long run, and make you quit.

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

If they bother to read up on it and make friends, again if on Kong or Armor, good luck with that, but here on FB we have alot that only play during the raids, disappear and come back for the next raid, they are not players that do the game any good, so who cares.

GATMAN likes this.
  3. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

Eliminate raid perishing or eliminate new players from joining raids until they have cleared lvl 300. That way they have the resources to actually do them, and if they are going to perish a raid, at least they worked an account up for a few weeks instead of five minutes.

Aapje and Orez like this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We have already negated the most punishing aspect of perishing the Raid (restoring the Boss health to full) and implemented a mechanic to prevent players from perishing too many Raids. If we removed that mechanic entirely, then we would have to consider reducing the rewards gained from the Raid Event (cash/gold, XP and the items) because the risk would be much less. If there is no "danger" inherit to the event, then the rewards would have to match.

Raids are also an excellent introductory feature for new accounts. If players can't join at lower levels and get invested in the game by using this feature, then growing the games would be much more difficult.

Depending on the game, however, we could look at making the entrance level for the Raids lower than the Battle Arena as @Dcasso suggests below. I will float it past the developers.

5. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well if they want to set a level requirement, I would say the same as BA.

6. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

I kind of agree on it as being a great introductory feature, if they don't see it perished. If they perish it themselves, the usually get demobbed quite a bit and if someone else does it, they will just see the "bad" side of mob wars.

In relation to "danger". I do agree that there should be a match, but in my view it could be much simpler. Attack a raid in green = 100% of current xp, cash and dmage. if in yellow 80%, orange 50%, red 10%, 0 you gain no xp or damage on attacks. I can not see how this makes it any less dangerous since the main two types of players perishing a raids are alt raid party killers and newbies.

Aapje likes this.
  7. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

To me, the most punishing aspect of perishing the raid party is the 15-20% decrease in xp on all future attacks. I, as one of the handful of players in KP2 server that pay in a couple hundred dollars and do 40-75 raids, will skip out of the rest of a raid boss that has perished. Why punish my investment, wallet, and enjoyment of the app because kano wants to allow new accounts into the raid. The baby accounts being created for a one week use isnt game growth and needs to stop. Would it be fair of me to ask my friends to join the game, create new accounts with the sole intent on perishing raid parties of players i dont like???? Kano has created this situation, players have asked for a fix to it. At the least, lvl 300 or higher requirement is a must moving forward. Thank you for taking that to the developers.

Kirsten and Dcasso like this.
  8. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

last i knew BA had min requirement, but maybe thats changed since the last time i joined in on one.

9. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Exactly, this allows alts to completely kill raids, if they perish it quickly enough after creation.

10. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

no it has, but I recall it being 550 :)