[ZS] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective October 29

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 28, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey Slayers,

As those of you who read our announcement are aware, we are making some slight changes to the Battle Arena. These alterations will in effect for Wednesday's Battle Arena.

Player Anonymity

Players will still choose a nickname if they so desire when they register for the Arena. During the duration of the event, everyone on the list will appear with the same generic name "Slayer" so you don't know who you're attacking. Targets can still be saved like in the past, but the search function will no longer be a part of the Arena. When a target is saved to your list, they will be assigned a number based on the order that they were saved so you can keep track. These numbers only appear on your saved list and do not have a bearing on the list of overall targets or anyone else's saved list.

At the end of the event, the nicknames (or actual names) of the winners will be published. The list of targets will be randomized for everyone.

Stamina Slider "Kill Shot"

You can set the Stamina Slider anywhere from One to Ten, but if the Slayer you are attacking is above 20% of their maximum Health, then the maximum number of attacks you can do at once is Three (even if the Slider is set to 10).

Once the targeted Slayer is under 20% of their maximum Health, then the Four to Ten Stamina attacks become available.

The Fortitude Bar will be removed during this Arena.

RainSunGone likes this.
  2. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

Thnx Mitch, lets see what happens ;)

3. RainSunGone

so i'm guessing no point system this time around????

RealPog likes this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Nope, we're dividing the changes up by Phases as I outlined in the original announcement. We'll be talking more about that very soon, once all of the games have had a crack at these changes.

RainSunGone likes this.
  5. ONE_EYE_JOE

ONE_EYE_JOE New Member

I think some change is good! We get in a slump and get bored. Giving every one the name slayer seems to make since. Knowing some one is on a hot streak and getting a few players to take them out sucks!! But thats just me...

RealPog likes this.
  6. Dale Barrie

Dale Barrie Active Member

looking forward to the new change as now with a 10 stam i have more chance on sniping more kills yay!!!!!!!!!

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

:eek: lol

Dale Barrie likes this.
  8. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Could I please get an answer as to if I will be able to tell on the initial list if I have attacked something?

The number system in saved helps but still how will I know if it's one I already have saved? If I've already attacked it and found it to be in Def etc.

Xtina likes this.
  9. RainSunGone

w/ every1 being named slayer i don't think u will be able to tell... total free for all is what i'm getting...

10. RainSunGone

1. bowbersonNew Member
      I played in the new BA and did not like it at all. Everyone with the same name made it impossible to remember your targets or even know who you checked.

this was a quote from some1 who's played in the new style BA....

RealPog, L1LOne and AlterEgoT like this.
  11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Good luck with that one, try saving same target 2 times see if saves twice maybe?

12. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Was hoping they'd at least add an attacks against stat so folks didn't sit there wasting stam checking the same stupid accounts.

I get the idea of free for all. And that is a nifty concept. But the logistics of trying to take friendships out of the game sure sound like it's going to take the fun out of it completely since you can't tell what you are doing.

I suppose all you can do is save everything on your list each time so they get a number until you fill it up and hope for the best?

Bolan Hoffbauer and Xtina like this.
  13. ONE_EYE_JOE

ONE_EYE_JOE New Member

There is allways just blowing threw each slayer one by one. Just hope you dont start pounding on another go getter!!

14. RealPog

RealPog Member

I think this is the best solution too many state that they are targeted , yet for over 60 arenas i can say we DONT its just who goes out if there around and if ,,,,enough muscle is there to..finish the job
    ( health rewards big give away ...they should be gone as well )
    Least this way ....it really should be a game of chance

and I've seen some mighty small levels hammer their way THRU.....they rock and quite rightly so

snipers BEWARE you won't have anyone to help protect you now .....hope you have a BRILLIANT def time

best of luck to everyone ...:D

HeyUwereWTFpwned and RainSunGone like this.
  15. slave

slave Member

looks to me like the kiss of death, or the final nail in the arena coffin, gratz kano

Hellhavenofury:) and RealPog like this.
  16. slave

slave Member

i suppose they think they must do what they can with only 787 people signed up for it, when it started it was over 1500 signups, but again its just the writing on the wall

Hellhavenofury:) and RealPog like this.
  17. If they increase the rewards I'm sure more would sign up. I would like to see people winning 10 or 20 UN tokens for top 50. People probably are going to spend it on faction wars anyway. ( Number of Participants: 854)

18. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

I like it. Granted I only got like 5 kills, but it'll sink in eventually. In my opinion though, it should stay this way, no need for a three day BA...otherwise its FW v2. Love the slider now, with 10 stam...only got sniped 1 time.

Hellhavenofury:), Kirsten and Xtina like this.
  19. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

i agree loved the new arena format especially the 10 stamina slider but atleast in this first arena we were still able to figure out the main players by about 30 left in

Kirsten and L1LOne like this.
  20. Took you long enough to finally do the No Name system. This was requested when BA first started. I do agree Some players can be found out still just by their Kill Reward, you should remove that until the Kill happens.

BA isnt going to ever get the players World Bosses get, People simply are not interested in it nor Faction Wars.

There are only a handful of factions that can win FW. Thats certain.

BA was nothing but a set-up, now others have a chance to win it.

Glad Kano fixed the Name problem, Now remove the Kill Reward til the Kill happens, And BA will be decent.