[ZS] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective for October 10, 2013

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poco

poco New Member

This sounds like a bunch of garbage! I'd rather start playing candy crush saga than this crap! haha

2. slave

slave Member

im surprised you didnt preface your op with.....we know this wont be a change that our players like....but since we dont even play the game we are going to put it in anyway....

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Im more confused now then when this thread first started. Like the beautiful, intelligent and talented wordsmith Jillian Thyra Johansson said previously...we were talking about this earlier and are utterly dumbfounded with how the the reasoning behind this update did a complete 180. It was originally said that this update was to bring in more strategy, now it appears that its main intent is to curb the use of auto clicking mice and bots. I dont think one has to be a conspiracy theorist to get the impression that something is not quite right.

Perhaps my biggest concern of the many I have in regards to this update is that it is not the same for everyone and the lack of details in why its not going to be exactly the same for everyone. If its about strategy than why would it be different from one player to the next? Does our differing builds not already allow for advantages or the lack there of from one build to the next? Does this update add or take away from one build or the other? Or is it another way to level the playing field like the existing handicap system? If so....why do we even bother building our own accounts? Why doesnt Kano just dictate exactly where we should all put all our skill points so we can just be done with all this BS?... If u want to level the playing field....how about starting by scaling back the amount of of time players have in defensive stance to be in proprtion to the lengthh of the arena so defensive builds dont have such a huge advantage in terms of solid rankings at zero cost or effort when compared to their attack oriented counterparts.

If its actually all about or at least in most part about catching auto clickers than why wouldnt it be exactly the same for everyone? The type of builds whether attack, defensivel or level makes absolutely no difference in how fast one clicks their mouse. So which is it? Is it about strategy or is about catching cheats? It cant possibly be both, especially if its not exactly the same for every last one of us!

Springing this on us 1 day before the arena is just wrong. We keep hearing that this that or the other is in the que or in front of the developers yet we never heard a single peep about this. What happened to transparency? Is this what Kano was doing while they ignored the topics on the arena that their community members were actually talking about here in the forums? My apologies if Im coming across a bit harshly but you guys at Kano still dont get after all these years that this is exactly the kind of thing that frustrates the hell out of us. Maybe Im completely outta line here but arent us players the ones that actually play your games? With all due respect you guys dont play your games to the extent we do..... developing and playing are completely different animals.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  4. slave

slave Member

yup yup yup what he said....

5. polishpimp

One other thing. It was also stated that 90% of players would never trip this "fatigue bar". If thats the case....how is this "Fatigue bar" to be used as strategy? And what remaining 10% segment of the arena participants are going to be reaping the benefit of this new found strategic option? Call me crazy but I got a feeling we can go ahead eliminate the highest level players and the most active players from those that it will most benefit. You know the ones Im talking about....the ones you said you designed the arena for.

6. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

That wont do anything to those that use a mouse with a rapid fire button because they are there watching it, and I have a feeling that is a bigger problem.

7. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I echo this remark though I do not care to read any further. I like a challenge and this change with my average clicking ability, without using two computers, a computer and a tablet, a touchpad and a mouse, a click macro, an auto click program, two friends in the same account, should be to the same average player an advantage.

I have seen players rack up attacks at rates, that would imply the "without" that is above, is within their 'rules' of the game.

@Rob ... give peace a chance ...oops ... Kano a chance!

Regards,

8. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I doubt you have a thing to worry about as you will figure out a strategy to work around this, if it shows any impact whatever on your present strategy. Without a doubt or you can call us both crazy!

Besides, are you not ready for a twist here in this "competitive" environment???? :D

9. AndeeLee

AndeeLee New Member

I get and understand why this is being done. Some people don't see it but they will. thanks Kano. And I am not one that is in the BA's enough but I do know some issues that have risen because of them.

10. polishpimp

Howdy Kel...long time no speak. I hope all is well with you and yours. How are things in FB?

Youve read me long enough to know that I love strategy, earlier in this thread after this update was initially being sold to us as a strategy I actually reiterated my liking of strategy. My problem here is that its now being sold to us as something completely different in the span of just a few pages....lol

You also know as well as I do when Kano claims that they are introducing something strategic its usually code for them giving lesser levels a leg up or restricting the higher levels even further.

In the end....I dont know what to think about all this as Kano has completely confused the issue. How can it be strategic if like Mitch said almost no one will be impacted by it? If its a way to catch cheats Im all for it as long as it doesnt mess with the flow of the arena. We have all seen how Kanos most recent security updates have messed with the flow of the games.

The fact that it will react differently to different players based on who knows what is very telling to me and its got nothing to do with security or strategy....its about leveling the playing field which 99.9% of the time means caps , limits, delays and or restrictions based on level, strengths or success

11. Jim Wells

Jim Wells Member

would it help you guys for me to record myself playing arena? or better yet, you fly me there and ill play using your stuff, that way you know i dont, cant, and never would cheat?

12. slave

slave Member

ive had a little more time to think of this and .....

this just sounds like the throttle all over again, only this time they are going to show us how we get to it, which confirms my earlier belief on how the throttle was designed

its on a meter, the more you attack the closer you get to tripping it, you attack consistently (as someone does when they have high stamina) you drive the meter up, when you attack enough it trips

the problem with this whether it is transparent or not, is still set up wrong
    your penalizing people with the ability to sustain attacking over a longer period of time
    anyone with low stam ability, will not be affected (does 90 percent ring a bell?) only those with high stamina will be affected, i daresay this is much lower than 10 percent, so maybe only 1 percent of people will fall into this range

i am one of those people in the 1 percent range, that is i have the stamina to sustain attacking over a period of minutes without stopping
    how else do you think i kill people? im not a sniper, i drive a stake through their heart by relentless non-stop attacking till their dead
    should i be penalized because i spent a full year working on my stam? i thought that was my choice, just like it is my choice to do any challenge i want, whether it be an old one for low xp and high un or a new one for high xp and no un. (apparently im mistaken) kano doesnt want me or others to have choice when it comes to what we want to do. they want to push us in a direction they want, not what we want, but kano...the more you push people in a direction , the higher the resistance to that direction, am i upset that stamina only regens 1000, yes, why is that again? oh it will unbalance the game, well it appears you have put in enough restrictions to unbalance the game more so than anything i can do. they have capped health, they have capped stamina refills, they even capped energy refills, so yes they are pushing us to do little more than add to att/def because this is what suits them - at present. when we near the caps on health, on stam, on nrg, what then? will you cap att/def as the final nail in the coffin?

this change is not good - the biggest reason? its what pimp has been trying to tell you for a couple of days, this change does not treat everyone equally, and that is wrong, and why arena is going downhill both in playability and number of people playing

im at odds to tell you what is right, but i know this isnt, arena, people playing in arena, should be playing with the same sets of rules, and restrictions, that fact that my attacking ability will not be at 100 percent at the end of my stamina run, while your still hitting away at 100 percent is wrong. it is penalizing me because i spent the points in stamina to build it - why on earth am i being penalized for it?

i still think kano needs to wake up and smell the coffee, start everyone on your staff playing an hour a day and you might someday understand why we find it so frustrating that you are trying to make things even by penalizing the strong so the weak contend....
    you have managed to do that in every single event you do, hitlist, faction wars (what a joke), and now arena. what's next? after the first five attacks i make, my attack value drops to 90 percent and the defenders jumps to 110? why not even up the odds of that too so people dont have a to do a dam thing in this game but sit there.....

13. domino

domino Member

I think , a random permission for attack between 0.999-2.999 seconds and random location of the attack button is enough to solve all your problems, but who am I to teach you im just simple , stupid html css javascript C# opp php developer...

14. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i think all this boohooin is for nothing and that it will have 0-1.2 percent impact on the arena

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.